Professor K.Will

Absolute Boyfriend

                Professor K.Will entered his large estate and happily let his niece inside. In came in Kim Seh Lyung, a petite high school girl with large brown eyes and dark hair. She lugged her backpack higher up her back as she looked around the mansion in awe. “Whoa~ am I really staying here?”

                The man chuckled, putting his arm around her shoulder. “Yep! Just make yourself at home, there’s no maids or anything though.” he made a face.

                “That’s okay, I prefer to do everything myself.”

                Professor K.Will held his grasp tighter around her in a father-like way. “Me too, but I won’t say no if you want friends over or something. And we have some neighbors your age next door,” he winked. “Two boys.”

                Seh Lyung rolled her eyes. “Great.”

                They walked deeper and deeper into the house, Seh Lyung gazing with sparkling eyes at everything. Professor K.Will was seen as a great man of all sorts; he teaches at the nearby university and is known as a local genius.

                A flash of light caught her eye. Stopping at a silver metal door, Seh Lyung lightly grazed her finger over the cool steel. Her uncle didn’t even bother to stop her. She was fifteen; she knew what she was doing. Being respectful as possible, as much as it looked like she wanted to know what was that room for, she turned her head and walked upstairs.

                “This room is huge!” she could’ve sworn she heard her own voice echo. She hastily swept around the room, her eyes widening at the space. “Wow, there’s so much…” she wasn’t used to all the high-tech gear, thin computers and televisions, but it was expected since her Uncle’s hard work always paid off.

                Professor K.Will grinned at the expressions on her face, dropping some of her bags on the large bed. “You like?”

                “Huh?” Seh Lyung snapped out of her daze and nodded at her Uncle. “Yeah, it’s cute.”

                “Then it’s yours.”

                “What!? Sahm-chon,” she whined. “You’re giving me too much!”  

                He shook his head in defense, opening the window to let some natural light in. “Nonsense! I’ve never had the chance to spoil my beautiful niece until now.”

                “Is there anything else you’d like to show me?” Seh Lyung taunted, beginning to warm up to her uncle. “Private jets? Tickets to Super Show 4? Pet penguins from Antarctica?”

                The older man smirked, and proceeded to leave her room. “If you really want that, I can get it for you.” He said, raising an eyebrow, challenging her. “I’ll make dinner, sushi’s fine? Come by in an hour!”

                Once the door close, Seh Lyung took out a well-needed breath. She grabbed the nearest pillow and stuffed it in her face. She inhaled the fresh rose scent like a drug—she couldn’t stand this.

                Of course, she loved her uncle K.Will and all, but, living with her uncle seemed so, weird. All of her friends last year lived with their parents like a normal family. And here she was stuck out. How could she accustom to only two people in such a big house? There wasn’t even another girl around to comfort her! Well, she could get used to that, but still, she still felt lonely, no matter how much love her uncle K.Will could give.

                She wanted to call her parents, she missed them a lot. But they were probably caught up in problems of their own, so she texted them some cute heart-filled messages and left it at that.

                When it was getting a little windy, Seh Lyung approached the window and closed it a crack. She noticed the two boys her uncle mentioned earlier. They were young indeed, just her age it seemed. She wasn’t that far from the ground floor, as she noticed the two boys running around the garden doing little cleaning to their backyard.

                The two boys both had large, but pretty, doe-like eyes. In-fact, they both looked the same, above the fact one twin, (if you looked close enough) seemed a bit more feminine-featured. Their faces were nearly mirror-perfect, yet their hair was with deep contrast. One donned a popping golden blond haircut while the other was a natural dark.

                She wanted to know more about them, but simply brushed it off and saved the thought for later.

                Dinnertime was quiet; one would start up conversation but it always seemed to end too quickly. Professor K.Will and Seh Lyung didn’t seem like the talkative type when it came to food, either that or they were just really hungry.

                “So,” Professor K.Will folded his napkin in a diamond before continuing. “School starts next week. Have you gotten everything?”

                “Yep.”

                “Are you planning on doing anything before that?”

                “Nope.” Well, at least she was honest about it.

                The man smirked, and collected the plates, their meal over. “Then I’m giving you an assignment.”

                Seh Lyung finally looked up, genuinely curious. “What kind of assignment?”

                “Kind of like a test-type thing.” He shrugged, leading her over to the kitchen so they could continue the talk.

                Silently they agreed to Seh Lyung drying the dishes as K.Will washed. The young girl tried to put away the freshly cleaned plate on the counter as silently as possible. “Will the test be hard?”

                “It’s not like a final exam at your school, Seh Lyungie.”

                “I’m still confused.” She said bluntly, finishing off the last fork she had to dry, considering that there was only the two of them in the house.

                Professor K.Will dried his hands with a light blue towel, and gestured for the girl to follow him out. “It really isn’t that difficult, stop thinking too hard.” Seh Lyung quirked her eyebrows when he said that. “Ha! Wait, you’re related to a scientist, you’d think too hard anyway.”

                “I thought you were a professor.” Seh Lyung said, taking small steps to wherever her uncle was leading her to.

                “Who said I can’t be a scientist too?” The two ended up back in-front of the large metal door. It was the same door that piqued Seh Lyung’s interest earlier in the day. Professor K.Will started banging on the door. “Bulletproof.” He grinned. Was he really her uncle?

                “… Are we… going in there?” Seh Lyung asked warily.

                “Of course we are!” the young uncle started punching in numbers in the automatic door switch. Seh Lyung stared intently at the code he was putting down.

               5.25.11

              The door opened with a pressurized snap, and Seh Lyung wanted to hold in her breath, hoping there weren’t any hazardous gases floating around. She followed her uncle down the steps, where there were many strange objects. She eyed the six capsules placed side by side against the wall; they were strangely, large enough for people to fit in! And two of them were open and empty, how scary! Were there dead bodies in the other four!?    

              “W-what is this this test for…?” she managed to say.

               Her uncle walked over to one of the closed capsules and knocked on it, then checking the data of whatever was inside. Seh Lyung shivered at the thought of what was in them. “Seh Lyung-ah, have you ever had a boyfriend?” Professor K.Will asked, ignoring her niece’s question.

              “Huh?” Seh Lyung’s self-esteem shrunk a bit more at such a stupid question. “No.”

                 The man’s eyes widened, looking off to the side, not wanting to embarrass her. “Well… are you planning to have one anytime soon?”

                 “Not really…”

                 Professor K.Will groaned. “Then… have you ever heard of this company in Japan, Kronos Heaven?”

                Seh Lyung thought for a moment. “Actually, yeah, I have.”

                “So you know what they specialize in?”

                “I don’t know… robotics or something?”

                His uncle clapped, leaving Seh Lyung dumbstruck. “Yes, but it goes deeper than that!” he started opening his drawer and going through articles, before finally picking up the one he wanted, shoving it into Seh Lyung’s face. “Do you know this program that was made a month back?”

                Seh Lyung grabbed the headline and scrutinized the picture. It was an image of a boy and a girl, holding hands. They looked like a happy couple, so why would it be a program? “The Beautiful Target.” She read. “’Jung Jinyoung had successfully created the perfect girlfriend in the famous B1A4 laboratory’… what do you mean by created!?” she asked, utterly shocked. She stared at the girl in the picture once again, was that not a normal girl?

                And here entered, Scientist K.Will.

                “People all over have been trying to recreate the ideal significant other.” He said, walking around his lab haughtily. “Do you know who Tenjo Night and Izawa Riiko is?”

                Seh Lyung frowned, what the heck was he getting to? “I know Riiko Izawa is a famous pâtissier in Japan. But I don’t know Tenjo Night.” 

                “Tenjo Knight used to… work, if that’s the correct term, for Kronos Heaven.” K.Will clarified, wishing he had brought pictures or something to map this all out.

                Seh Lyung huffed, crossing her arms in annoyance. “Sahm-chon, can you please get to the point?”

                “Fine.” K.Will started shuffling through his messy desk once more to find another article. It was a bunch of numbers and words Seh Lyung didn’t understand. “You see these?” She forced herself to nod, sure, she saw them, but she didn’t see what was about them. “These are false birth records; there is none, and never will be, existence of Tenjo Night.”

                Seh Lyung shivered again. This was getting really creepy. How did he even get this information?

                “Tenjo Night, along with the girl Jung Jinyoung created, are created artificially, by people like us.”

                Was that supposed to be cool?

                “Kim Seh Lyung, what would you say if I could get you a boyfriend within the next twenty-four hours?” K.Will asked, challenging her.

                She narrowed her eyes at him. “I would say that your sister would kill you, if you ever considered offering her only daughter a boyfriend.”

                K.Will forced a laugh, patting the young girl’s head. “Relentless, just like your mother.” He came over to the capsules and smiled. “But this deal has no strings attached, and we don’t have to tell your mother.” He added, giving a look of pity.

                Carefully walking over, Seh Lyung reached out and put a trembling hand on one of the capsules. It was ice cold. She watched her uncle smile in approval. Was this really happening? Was there really such a thing as perfect boyfriends? Why hadn’t she known of this before?

                Her face looked rigid at the sight of all six capsules, shining silver. There were no windows or clear plastic on the four that were closed, so she couldn’t tell if there was someone inside or not. Were the other two already made? Where did they go? Was there really a perfect boyfriend inside?

                “Seh Lyung?” Her uncle cut her off her thoughts, as her eyes continued to glaze over. “Would you like to participate in my prototype program?”

                The Absolute Boyfriend.

                She took a deep breath. In, out. If there was no strings attached, just like Professor K.Will had said, what did she have to lose? Nothing else made sense anymore.

                “Sure, why not…”

               

            

~~~

sendohime's back with another Boyfriend fic! Anyone know why the door code is those specific numbers? I'll give you a treat if you tell me the correct answer. Watch no one comment, haha.

~Camille