Application Test

Absolute Boyfriend

                The next morning, Professor K.Will called her niece down to the laboratory. Seh Lyung yawned, still wearing her blue-spotted pajamas and oversized t-shirt. She kept bobbing her head up and down, and K.Will decided to just push her onto the nearest bench.

                Seh Lyung’s eyes fluttered open ever-so slightly, and she squinted at the sight of the very bright computer screen facing her. She felt a cup of hot chocolate on her side and a plate of eggs. She immediately reached for the drink, and took a little sip of it. Yum.

                Professor K.Will put his hands on her shoulders. “Ready for the test?”

                “I guess.” She muttered, her voice still raspy from the morning drowsiness. “But why did you bring me down here so early?”

                “Do you honestly think creating the perfect boyfriend will take less than a few hours?” K.Will ask, bringing her over a plate of eggs. “This test is about seven-hundred questions…”

                “Seven-hundred!?” Seh Lyung exclaimed, almost dropping her hot chocolate. “That’ll take me forever!”

                “Which is why you’re up so early!” said K.Will cheerfully, heading out the door. “And I’m also leaving because if I keep talking to you, I might influence your answers! I’ll see you later!”

                “Hey wait—” Seh Lyung flinched as the door slammed. “Sheesh. What if I have to go to the bathroom or something?”

                She sighed, and looked over the computer screen. Absolute Boyfriend—Application Test. It was a whole web page that seemed to scroll on an eternity, and she had to answer all of those. Her eyes were going to burn away by the time she was done. She nibbled on her given food for a bit, before looking over the questions. It looked like a high school standardized test, some multiple choice, short answer, open-ended, and some essay.

                There were a few questions in particular she liked, or caught her eye.

Question #1 – The ideal boyfriend’s intelligence is—

a)      High.

b)      Low.

c)       Normal.

d)      Irrelevant.

Question #7 – Do you get ually frustrated often? Are you a ?

Answer #7 – No, I do not get ually frustrated, I am a . For the record I don’t plan on losing my ity soon. And I’m going to bury my erted uncle alive.

Question #144 – Would you like your boyfriend to give you a nickname?

Answer #144 – Nicknames are endearing, I’ve never had one before, but it’s up to my boyfriend if he wanted to give me a nickname or not. I kind of like how my Dad used to call my mom jagiya, but I would only let someone really close and long-term call me that.

Question #268 – What’s your favorite color(s)?

Answer #268 – Rose-ish pink and uh… blue, because everybody likes blue.

Question #320 – What’s your favorite dessert?

Answer #320 – That’s the stupidest question I’ve ever heard! I love all deserts; I’ll eat anything. I really like creampuffs, though.

Question #331 – Do you have a particular body type you prefer?

a)      I prefer a bulky build.

b)      I prefer a lean build.

c)       I prefer a lanky build.

d)      It depends.

e)      I don’t care.

 

Question #352 – What would you do if you found your boyfriend being courted by another girl?

Answer #352 – If I had a boyfriend and I saw a girl flirting with him, naturally I’d be jealous, and freaking out. But I wouldn’t do anything about it. Sure, it’s good to stand up for your boyfriend, but he’d be able to stand up for himself. Besides, if this person really liked me, there would be no response to the girl’s actions. I’d trust him enough for him to control himself.

Question #401—The ideal boyfriend is—

a)      Very jealous.

b)      A little jealous.

c)       Not jealous.

d)      Cold.

Question #402—The ideal boyfriend’s smile is—

a)      Refreshing.

b)      Cool.

c)       Rarely seen.

d)      Bizarre.

Question #589 – What’s your favorite position?

Answer #589 – Are you kidding me? Kill me, now.

Question #650—What kind of feel would you like your ideal date to consist of?

a)      A romantic feel

b)      A casual feel

c)       A cute feel

d)      A happy feel

e)      A deep feel

Answer #650—I can’t answer this properly, I don’t like the given choices. As long as my date is with me, it should be fine.

Question 662—The ideal boyfriend’s style is—

a)      Chic

b)      Casual

c)       Comfy

d)      Dressy

e)      Irrelevant

Question #699 – Would the Absolute Boyfriend be your first boyfriend?

Answer #699 – Although I would’ve liked to have a… natural… boyfriend first, I guess I’ll be fine practicing with a robotic one, I’m curious. So yes, my first boyfriend would be the one Uncle’s creating.

Question #700—What would you do if your boyfriend left you?

Answer #700 – I’ve just recently had to leave my parents, they both need time to themselves. And no, not the two of them, they’re splitting up. At the moment I feel like everyone will leave once in a while, even myself. But if I do end up growing too emotionally attached to my boyfriend, I’d expect myself to be pretty distraught for a time. But eventually, I’ll find someone else. But it always depends on why my boyfriend would leave me.

                “OPEN THE DOOR NOW!!!” Seh Lyung yelled, banging repeatedly on the door. Why was it locked from the inside!? Her fists were starting to hurt. She finished the test two hours ago, and it was already dark! She only had breakfast, she hadn’t changed her clothes or taken a shower, and she had to go to the bathroom really badly!

                Finally, the door swung open, revealing a sleepy K.Will. “I almost forgot to come back.” He mumbled, not caring that his niece pushed him over.

                “Obviously.” She said, heading to the bathroom, closing the door with a large slam.

                K.Will sighed, entering his laboratory and waiting for Seh Lyung’s test results to print out. He noticed one of the questions, and for some reason, plucked his heartstrings.

Question #700—What would you do if your boyfriend left you?

Answer #700 – I’ve just recently had to leave my parents, they both need time to themselves. And no, not the two of them, they’re splitting up. At the moment I feel like everyone will leave once in a while, even myself. But if I do end up growing too emotionally attached to my boyfriend, I’d expect myself to be pretty distraught for a time. But eventually, I’ll find someone else. But it always depends on why my boyfriend would leave me.

                For a long time, he had always noticed the tension between Seh Lyung’s parents. It was a stupid arranged marriage, because he was selfish and didn’t want to marry, so they forced the marriage upon his younger sister. But her sister had always said it was alright, as long as he continued his dream as a scientist. He had the best sister in the entire world.

                He had jumped at the opportunity to take Seh Lyung in. It surprised him when she said she wanted to come here, an uncle she seldom saw, only at Christmas parties. He found her as a very mature and level-headed girl, who put her parent’s comfort in front of her own. He went along with her lies; Seh Lyung had told her mother she wanted to go to a better school and make her proud, when in reality she just wanted to give both her parents needed space.

                Which brings Professor K.Will to his personal program; Absolute Boyfriend. He owed her that much. She deserved some happiness.

                There was one problem.

                Seh Lyung’s test answers, told him nothing. Seven-hundred questions, all for nothing!

                K.Will wracked his brain for some possibilities. But she seemed to have no standards for guys! She was so simple about it! She couldn’t even pick a decent detail or an ideal date!

                “How I’d like my guy to look… her answer was… good.” He groaned in frustration.

                Seh Lyung trotted down the laboratory stairs with a chocolate bar in her hand, her mood turning a complete 180. The food must have made her perkier. “So now what?” she asked, peering over the papers.

                “Great!” K.Will lied through his teeth; he didn’t want to tell Seh Lyung that he couldn’t find her a perfect boyfriend. He just needed more time.

                There was a pause. “Sahm-chon? What would my boyfriend look like?” she asked, looking off into space.

                He shrugged. “What would you like him to look like?”

                Seh Lyung thought for a moment. “Cute.” She said simply.

                Cute. What kind of answer was that!

                “There’s gotta be something other than that. “Professor K.Will urged, trying to get a specific answer out of her.

                “Not really.”

                Rolling his eyes, Professor K.Will resumed to his work, ignoring his niece. He tried to look in-between the lines of his paperwork, trying to find a good lead on generating Seh Lyung’s ideal boyfriend. All that he knew was that she wanted a cute boy with intelligence, a refreshing smile, and chic style. The rest of the questions were about her likes and dislikes and anything else having to do with a boyfriend was irrelevant.

                “Uncle!” Seh Lyung called, jogging down the stairs. When did she leave? He must’ve been too focused to notice her presence enter and go. “There’s a phone call for you!”

                He noticed the towel slung upon her shoulder, so she was obviously planning to take a shower. He really needed to connect another telephone in his lab. K.Will immediately took the phone from her, and let her have her personal time.

                “Hello, Kim Hyung-Soo speaking. Who is this?”

                “Call me… Mr. Starship.”

                K.Will forced himself not to laugh. He obviously couldn’t take that name seriously. “And what could I help you with, Mr. Starship?” He couldn’t stifle his amusement.

                “There has been some speculation that you’re the next one…” Mr. Starship stopped for a moment, to collect his thoughts. K.Will noticed his low breathing on the other line. “To start a robotic lover series?”

                K.Will frowned, fun and games set aside. This guy must be mean business if he knew what he was up to. “Oh… and what if I am?” he asked seriously.

                “Well, I’d like to help.”

                “Who says I’d trust you?”

                “Heeh.” Mr. Starship was taunting the poor K.Will. “Do you honestly think you can run a program of high-class cyborgs, all by yourself? Even just one, the costs would be worth more than a middle class’ mortgage loan.”

                K.Will instantly paled. A vision of his niece appeared in his mind. A vision of Seh Lyung, happy to help, happy to give her parents her joy. Seh Lyung deserved her own comfort. He sighed, pressing the phone firmly to his ear. “I’m listening.”  

               

             

~~~

 

 

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO PUT OUT, THAT SMTOWN NYC WAS AH-MAZE-ING.

And I would've updated sooner, but nostalgia kicked in and I couldn't breathe all day.

Congrats to janlauricebautista for getting the door code right! May 25, 2011 was Boyfriend's release of the music video, Boyfriend!

~Camille