Aegyo Couple

Absolute Boyfriend

                “Hey, I know you!” the cashier exclaimed, rudely pointing to Seh Lyung’s face. “Weren’t you with your boyfriend the other day? You guys were so cute!” for terrible coincidence, it just happened to be the same cashier that worked at the mall’s other café. She must’ve been transferred or something.

                “You have a boyfriend!?” Ji Eun shrieked, and shook the poor girl’s arm.

                “No.” Seh Lyung forced a bittersweet voice. “He’s just a friend.”

                Thankfully, a much less talkative barista walked by with their drinks, letting the girl narrowly escape the nosy cashier. Seh Lyung weaved her way to a seat by the window, and seated herself across from Ji Eun. She took a small sip of her hot chocolate, taking in the warm area. She was finally starting to enjoy her day.

                Silently but comfortably they started to do their homework. Without Minwoo or Youngmin around, Ji Eun was left to be the next in line with the task of helping Seh Lyung with her math homework. Afterwards they started a bit on their pen pal assignment but Ji Eun soon got bored.

                “Dongseang-ah…” Ji Eun lightly grazed the smooth linoleum wood table with her fingers. “Tell me about your boyfriend, please?”

                Seh Lyung’s head was down so she was able to conceal the scowl on her face. “I don’t have a boyfriend.”

                “Then tell me about your boyfriend that isn’t your boyfriend.”

                Sighing, Seh Lyung leaned back in her chair, knowing the situation was unavoidable. “My boyfriend is…” she stopped herself, looking at Ji Eun, who was ready to gobble up anything she was about to say. “My boyfriend is strong and a born leader.” Donghyun. “Yet he’s also really sweet and soft-spoken.” Hyunseong. “But when he likes a girl, he’ll stop at nothing to have her.” Jeongmin. “He’s the cutest boy I’ve ever met.” Minwoo.

                “Is there a reason your boyfriend isn’t really your boyfriend?” Ji Eun asked like a news reporter.

                For some reason the image of Kwangmin popped in his head. “He’s been going through a lot lately.” Strangely the sunny face of Youngmin took over. “But he still manages to make me happy. So we’ll get by.”

                It was as if Ji Eun was trying to picture the imaginary guy in her mind. Her eyes twinkled like diamonds as she spoke. “He sounds perfect for you. Promise me that you’ll introduce me to him sometime!”

                Pretending not to hear that, Seh Lyung changed the subject upon Ji Eun. “So do you have a boyfriend?”

                Ji Eun leaned her head in, as if everyone in the café cared. “He isn’t my boyfriend…” she couldn’t hide the smile that formed. “yet.

                They instantly broke in a fit of giggles. Seh Lyung missed this kind of conversation, something she wasn’t able to experience when she first lived with her uncle. She missed endless girl gossip and boy-talk. “Tell me about him!” she urged.

                Ji Eun tried to quiet her giggles by taking a sip of her tea. “He’s really adorable. He likes to talk a lot, and his smile is so bright it makes my day better. But we’ve only known each other for a short time, so I’m kind of undecided on whether I should go for it or not.”

                Seh Lyung waved her hand forward. “Do it before someone else does.”

                Ji Eun nervously pressed her pointer fingers together. “But… he’s a little younger than me.”

                “I didn’t know you were into younger guys.” Seh Lyung said, taken aback. “But if it’s just a year or so, don’t mind it.”

                Ji Eun nodded, still unsure. “And I think he likes me back. He’s one of your friends… I believe.”

                The first thought that went to Seh Lyung’s mind was Jo Youngmin. She knew he had the biggest crush on his precious ‘IU-noona,’ but could she have possibly felt the same way? “What’s his name?”

                The girl in question blushed, and a dreamy stare filled her bright brown eyes. “No Minwoo.”

                … Who?

                Seh Lyung almost choked on her hot chocolate, glad the girl was too love-struck to notice. Had Ji Eun meant to fall in love with a robot? Did she even know? No Minwoo? No Minwoo the aegyo prince? No Minwoo, they boy who had lived under her roof since who knows when? Since when?

                This had to be all her fault. If she hadn’t pushed him away, if she just knew how to apologize to him he wouldn’t have fallen for Ji Eun. Wasn’t the Absolute Boyfriend supposed to be hers and hers only? Minwoo was only supposed to like Kim Seh Lyung and only Kim Seh Lyung! But, why did it matter to her all of a sudden?

                She swallowed, feeling about as moist as sand. “Wow. I’m sure you two will make a cute couple.”

                And this was her punishment.

                Two days later all the Boyfriends returned to school, sans the Jo twins. Kwangmin still hasn’t woken up yet, and Youngmin was still too protective to leave his brother home alone. But the Boyfriends had obviously missed something, because there was gossip spreading around the classrooms like wildfire.

                “Did you hear?”

                “What?”

                “The queenka has a boyfriend!”

                All the third years were huddled around the girl in question. Lee Ji Eun was practically glowing. Hyunseong and Jeongmin noticed the commotion right away and decided to get a better look. “Why can’t we stay in our seats?” Hyunseong half-whined. “We can hear from there perfectly.”

                “It’s fun to be in the action.” Jeongmin reasoned, reading to battle through the crowd.

                “Hi Hyunseong-oppa!” Se Young popped out of nowhere, prowling at the poor boy.

                “Uh… h—hi.”

                Jeongmin left him to deal with her and finally got face to face with Ji Eun.

                “Geez! Your dongseang is one lucky guy!” a random kid patted him on the back.

                Jeongmin eyed the kid, a little confused, but seemed to get the hunch of what was going on. He finally made eye contact with the boy that was holding Ji Eun’s hand.

                “H—hyung!”

                Minwoo tried not to stammer and embarrass himself in front of his girlfriend. His new girlfriend.

                The two hyungs had sensed Minwoo in the room beforehand when he was dropping off papers, but not because of this. Before Jeongmin could call him out, he felt his arm being pulled out of the crowd, and if he was human the person’s grip would’ve been very painful. He looked down at his angry little teacher. “I was told that you left the library early.” She trilled, her voice sharp like talons.

                “It was an emergency reason.” He replied through gritted teeth, not wanting to snap at his teacher.

                “Nevertheless you and Hyunseong have to make this up. Lee Se Young and you two will help her finish her essay.”

                He groaned, and lolled his head reluctantly to the side. He saw the image of Se Young hanging for dear life on Hyunseong’s arm. This was going to be a great day.

```

                “I’m really, really sorry.” Jeongmin kept saying on the other line. “I know I promised to make your favorite pasta for dinner but I ended up doing servitude.”

                “Servitude?” Seh Lyung repeated, her phone on one hand and the other on an empty pot. “What for?” she poured some water in and brought it to a boil.

                “I left early because of Kwangmin the other day, when I was supposed to be tutoring.”  She heard the faint sound of Hyunseong and another girl telling him to get off the phone. “I promise to make it up to you tonight, hopefully.” Was the last thing he said before the line went dead.

                Seh Lyung stared at the phone for a few seconds. She had to admit that she was a tad hopeful that he would call back, before putting it back in her pocket. She felt the presence of someone entering the kitchen and lean over her shoulder, his arms hugging her waist from behind. “Need some help?” Donghyun offered.

                She eagerly nodded and suppressed her sigh of relief as she let Donghyun take over. After he cooked the pasta, he expertly melted the sauce and pasta at the same time; it looked like she was watching the cooking channel. “Youngmin wanted to look after Kwangmin downstairs on his own,” he said, “so I thought it was alright to check up on you.”

                Seh Lyung asked, “How is Kwangmin?”

                “He’ll be fine. You keep asking the same question and I give you the same answer, have you noticed that?” he chuckled. “It’s going to be supper soon, where is Minwoo?”

                She bit her tongue, but she refused to lie to Donghyun. “Probably out with his girlfriend.”

                Donghyun stopped stirring the pot for a moment, almost threatening to burn dinner. “Oh, really?” he laughed, trying to lighten the mood. “But you’re right here.” But he already knew long ago about the situation with Lee Ji Eun, he didn’t even have to ask.

                She couldn’t hide the smile that magically appeared on her face. “It’s more tiring to avoid him than trying to withstand him.” She couldn’t deny that she missed the attention of Minwoo.

                “It isn’t just a matter of your feelings anymore.” Donghyun turned the burner off. “We’re dealing with human heart. I don’t really want to, but we have to break Ji Eun’s heart.” He reached over to bring Seh Lyung’s regretful face up, who felt equally as bad to hurt her friend. “If we don’t end their relationship before K.Will-hyungnim finds out, he might find Minwoo faulty and dispose of him.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you guys all miss me? Quick shout out to YoungKwang fans, even though most of you don't talk to me, I appriciate that you guys stay. I'm sorry that your biases don't get as much attention as the hyung line. I know that the twins are the most underrated characters in the story, but there's so many Jo twins fics! But I promise you both twins will have a fair chance at Seh Lyung as the rest of Boyfriend.

And a lot of you guys think that Seh Lyung's going to be with Kwangmin, right? Don't assume. Because I really don't know. I may have made Kwangmin appear closer to Seh Lyung but it's only because it was really difficult for me to place Kwangmin somewhere in the story. To be honest, doing Kwangmin's character was way more difficult than Hyunseong's, and not many people really write about him...

Ranvadew: Let's all pray for Kwangmin, shall we? Sorry, I shall not reveal the current health of dear Pikwangchu. Well, my PLAN is finished for my UCC, but me recording it has not. Sigh. My booty just looks really big in the camera and I feel uncomfortable XD

B-HorromiChan: Oh, has everyone missed innocent Minwoo? I loved Youngmin's hair, but it still reminded me of a dog, ahaha.

Minkwang_: Thank you! Yay, I'm not hit, haha! Yeah, at first I wanted the tune up to be all dangerous and stuff, then I'm like "Well, that's no fun to write." so I made them just change their hair!

kimhyunwoos_: YES, SEH LYUNG REALIZES THAT SHE IS A . Yay! Now she has to change and get Minwoo back! I know! Minwoo had fb and twitter, but I have no evidence to clarify it, if you want I'll refer to the 6theory page that I saw it on. But it makes me really question his English skills, too bad that they didn't show it on Boyfriend W Academy.

ELFyourface: Diva Jeongmin. Mirror Prince Jeongmin, ahaha. I know, Minwoo's too ignorant to figure it out, but I guess it's just in his programming.

trish_042405: Oh, maybe you are a ert...? Kidding, kidding! I hope you don't think that I'm Kwangmin oriented on this story. In fact... he's my least favorite but whatever! I agree to anyone's whims. I wish all of them could be together ;_; And I LOVE long comments, they are so thoughtful, all my comments on stories I read are all lame >.< but that's beside the point. Hopefully I'll film my UCC this weekend, I hope the contest won't end or whatever.

TabzzVee: Minwoo's such a kid. Poodle-Youngmin~

pipoomica: Thank you! I hope so too! And not because Minwoo is my bias XD

minwoo: Thank you so much!

Youngmin4eva: Ahh, familiar face :) Hello chingu, how's your story doing?

bluedragon: I always thought Jeongmin would be the protective kind of boyfriend, I don't know. But yeah, Hyunseong's bad side is revealed! Sorry for my grammar, ugh. I'm fluent in English and I have no idea what I'm writing -_- Je ne sais pas crois faire! (Now I hope I said this right too, even though I'm not even French.) Anyways, thank you!

Lilmisschique: Ahh, Kwangmin will hopefully wake up soon. Ah, so excited for Boyfriend W A tomorrow night. I'm going to sleep early and wake up for it at 4AM. Even though I speak no Korean and I just wanna see their faces... I shall edit more of my stupid mistakes >_< sorry again!

AND GUYSSSSS, over 80 subs!?!??!?!?! I never imagined to get so many (even though some person could have like 500 or whatever, 80 is a lot to me!) Thank you guys so much! It feels great knowing people appriciate my story... since I've noticed most "proper diction and writing styled" fanfictions are usually underrated for being too wordy or whatever. Thank you guys, saranghae~!

~Camille