Epilogue, The Inevitable Happy Ending

Absolute Boyfriend

"Oh, so you go to this school too?" Seh Lyung flashed a smile, it was her first day at university. She was studying physics of all things, she couldn't imagine herself taking that major years ago, but now she decided to follow in the footsteps of her uncle. It was another sign of her growing up.

"I guess we were bound to meet again." Se Young sighed, but not in a negative way. "Maybe we'll have a class together."

"Maybe."

Se Young gave a little half grin in return. "I'll see you around, kay? I still need to check in at the dorms. We can have dinner together."

Seh Lyung nodded, and turned into the other direction. She felt grateful that she still was on good terms with her old high school classmates. Coupled with the fact that it was a fresh new start on new friendships and building on old ones. She was going to live on her dreams and make the world proud, and she was going to take on that dream headfirst. With an extra skip in her step she went in the direction of the auditorium building, where many of the freshmen were required to meet for orientation. Seh Lyung knew she was a little early but she was that excited. 

Her feet padding against the cobblestone walkway, she couldn't help but divert her eyes to an occupied bench to her right. What a small world. Thanks to the luxuries of social networking, she surmised the couple sitting down was Jieun and her long-time boyfriend, Wooyoung (or was it Woohyun?) Regardless, they looked really happy and they looked so darn cute together. 

"Kim Seh Lyung." the admissions officer checked off her name once she was inside. The old lady gazed over to her neck, "Oh, that's a pretty necklace. Did your boyfriend give you that?"

"Oh yes, thank you." her hand immediately flew to her skin, feeling the familiar crevices of the pink heart-stoned necklace she got from Hyunseong a while back. 

Hyunseong. That name seemed so foriegn on her lips. 

In fact, all their names did. Donghyun, Youngmin, Kwangmin, Jeongmin, and Minwoo. She hated to admit, but she forgot about them. Or maybe she was just too preoccupied to miss them as much. While her Uncle K.Will finally showed up at the Christmas parties yearly, they never did. Ever since her studying overdrive she hasn't been able to return to his house either. While she didn't miss them as much as she did back then, every once in awhile she was reminded of how happy they made her. The dull ache would return to her chest and she'd think to herself that hey, she had not one, but six boyfriends back in highschool. What an icebreaker to tell the new classmates. 

In the midst of her thinking, she rammed into someone. 

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!" they said at the same time, and thankfully it wasn't a hard blow to each of them.

They both laughed awkwardly, and Seh Lyung was the first to reach out her hand. "Hey, you're a freshman too? I'm Seh Lyung." 

"Yeah, it's nice to meet you." 

The voice, it came from a boy. Seh Lyung looked up, and almost gasped out loud. From the handsome yet adorable facial features, to the smile that made her heart melt so many years ago. She felt it, that strong pull in her heartstrings, the feeling she hasn't experienced since highschool. 

He looked just like, no exactly, like one of her boyfriends. 

"Uh, are you real?" she blurted out without even thinking. And as soon as she said it she cupped her hands over , closing her eyes in embarassment. 

The boy laughed, and by god, even their laugh was the same. "I guess? I've been real for a while now."

She smiled sadly at the boyfriend-look-a-like. "Is that so?"

"Well you never know. But hey, we're a little early for orientation. Wanna go grab some coffee?"

The boy reached for her hand, and with a deep breath, Seh Lyung grabbed it. "Sure." 

Maybe he was real, maybe he wasn't, but she decided to go with it because the beating of her heart continued to linger. 

 


 

And here is the ending to Absolute Boyfriend. I want to thank everyone for reading this, I'm sorry if this isn't the ending you wanted. But I wanted to leave the ending up to the readers and their desired biases. You may not be interested in this story anymore, but it's better not to leave it incomplete, yeah?

Thank you again for this wonderful journey! I hope that this isn't the end us and I hope to see you guys soon, if you ever have questions about this story just ask! You were a wonderful batch and I love you as much as Seh Lyung loves her boyfriends :)

~sendohime