Late Detection

Absolute Boyfriend

                The news of Ji Eun’s proposed date next Saturday spread quickly through the Kim household, but quiet enough that Professor K.Will had no idea. He had already gone to work early, but the students were busy with themselves before school.

                “I’m leaving!” Minwoo was the first one out the door, not bothering to wait for a response. He was probably going to meet with Ji Eun early.

                “Yah!” Jeongmin’s scream obviously went ignored by the maknae-looking boy, so he took out his frustration on the next best thing. He strode angrily over to the metal lab door, and swung it wide open. “Jo Youngmin! You’re going to school today whether you like it or not!”

                “No!” was the equally loud response.

                Seh Lyung grimaced, who tried to eat her toast in peace. “My ears.”

                Donghyun quickly grabbed his briefcase and placed a quick kiss to Seh Lyung’s forehead. “I’ll see you guys at school.” He was the second person to leave.

                “Aish, we’re going to be late because of this kid.” Roughly slipping on his blazer, Jeongmin walked outside the doorway.

                Hyunseong shook his head. “You two can wait outside, I’ll go get him.”

                Shrugging, Seh Lyung followed Jeongmin outside. They barely got past the driveway when Hyunseong appeared as if he was there before…

                With Youngmin dangling over his shoulder. “Ugh! Let me go!”

                “What are you doing?” Seh Lyung asked, ducking her head because Youngmin’s feet wouldn’t stop kicking in the air.

                Shrugging, Hyunseong walked forward, as if there was no fifty-five kilogram robot on his back. “We’re taking him to school.”

                “Put me down, Hyung!” Youngmin was unable to budge his stick-like body, he couldn’t compare to Hyunseong’s strength. “Donghyun-hyung can teach me all the lessons later! What if Kwangmin wakes up while I’m not there?”

                “You’ve locked yourself in that lab for over a week.” Jeongmin reasoned, rolling his eyes. “People think you have the flu, if you stay away any longer people will think you’re dying or something.”

                “But what if Kwangmin is dying? What if something happens and I’m not there?” there was no use in hiding Youngmin’s extreme protectiveness over his brother.

                Standing on her tippy toes, Seh Lyung reached over to brush the golden strands of hair off Youngmin’s eyes. “Relax,” ever since the other night, she had gotten a soft side for Youngmin. He wasn’t just the ditzy happy boy anymore to her; she liked the sensitiveness he had for Kwangmin. “You and me will come straight home after school, okay? Will you please walk with me?”

                Feeling a little guilty, Youngmin told Hyunseong he wouldn’t run away. Just as his sneakers touched the ground, the twin didn’t hesitate to grab Seh Lyung’s hand, suddenly feeling better. In response, Jeongmin scoffed, walking ahead of all of them. He wasn’t mad, just a little jealous that he and Seh Lyung never held hands on their way to school.

                Hyunseong was a little jealous too, and that’s why he decided to stay by her side and third-wheel. Nevertheless she was proud of her to calm down Youngmin. Almost breaking apart her and Youngmin, he ruffled her hair and kissed her cheek. Seh Lyung looked back in surprise, probably embarrassed that one boy held her hand while another boy kissed her. “Good job.” He said to her, ignoring Youngmin’s excessively loud coughs.

                Class went on as if nothing was wrong. Everything seemed normal, excusing the part when Donghyun would call out the roster and mark Jo Kwangmin absent. But nothing could beat lunch. It was relatively quiet with just Youngmin and Seh Lyung until Jeongmin and Hyunseong hurriedly came in with their food. “Act cool.” Jeongmin said, quickly sliding his desk over.

                Hyunseong started at Youngmin’s confused face. “Can’t you detect them?”

                Youngmin’s wide eyes showed no signs of indication. “You guys have features like that? Heat detection?” he wasn’t installed high-tech features like the original boyfriends.

                Leaning back in his chair, Jeongmin joked, “What are you, human?”

                The classroom door swung open to reveal the latest couple. Lee Ji Eun and No Minwoo. They seemed inseparable and even as they approached their seats they wouldn’t let go of each other’s waists. “Hey guys!” Minwoo said, looking happier than ever.

                The three boys all nodded their heads in unison. Save for Seh Lyung, who looked occupied with the notebook she was writing in. Her lunch was untouched, and the wooden chopsticks she had weren’t even separated.

                “Are you doing homework?” Hyunseong asked, but Seh Lyung covered her writing with her arm. “Seh Lyungie, take a break and eat, please?”

                She shook her head, prompt. “Not hungry.”

                Youngmin butted in. “We have a test after this, you need your energy.”

                Ji Eun finally let go of Minwoo and opened up Seh Lyung’s lunch, offering it. “Listen to your unnie~”

                Firm, Seh Lyung slapped down her pen, grabbed the lunch box, and forced a smile to Ji Eun. “I’ll eat well for you, Ji Eun-unnie. But please excuse me, I’m going to eat with the teacher. I need him to check my paper.” She got up from her seat, ignoring the stares she received from all the boys. Minwoo’s eyes lingered for a moment longer.

                “What is this?”

                Happy to get away, she pulled out her chair and sat by Donghyun’s desk. “Can you proofread this, please?”

                Donghyun slipped off his glasses and grabbed Seh Lyung’s paper. He read off the first line with genuine interest. “Dear Mother…”

                She shrugged. “It keeps me occupied.”

                Whipping out his pen, the teacher quickly marked off his corrections. “Wouldn’t it be more efficient to e-mail it?”

                “To be honest, I wasn’t planning on sending it.” Her voice was tinged with vagueness. Donghyun nodded slowly at her reply, drinking in her sunken expression with a thoughtful look on his face.

                Back at their makeshift lunch table, everyone else was in a flurry of emotions. Youngmin was debating on whether to jump into the conversation or to continue worrying about Kwangmin. Jeongmin and Hyunseong couldn’t stop glaring at Ji Eun and Minwoo, who were happily feeding each other. Until Ji Eun complained that she didn’t want to be fed anymore, she looked eagerly at the three guys. “So which one of you is bringing Seh Lyungie to our date Saturday?” she asked, looking attentive and studious. She had a perfect messy bun on her head with an ivory headband, she looked exceptionally cute today.

                In surprise, Minwoo almost spilled the milk he was drinking. “What!? I thought it was just going to be the two of us!” he pouted.

                For a split second, Jeongmin turned the other way and gagged.

                “But we’re always alone.” Ji Eun retorted with a pout to match his. “Let’s have a party this time!”

                “Well, I was planning on taking her.” Jeongmin said haughtily.

                Hyunseong frowned. “But she’d rather go with me.”

                In the background, Ji Eun giggled at the two’s slight hostility. And like the sun, Youngmin decided to outshine both of them. “But I have the best skin ship with Seh Lyung. I should take her.”

                “What!?” Minwoo freaked out again for the second time in a row. Shock and disbelief was written all over his face. “Why is Youngmin involved?”

                A flicker of envy appeared in Ji Eun’s face, but she quickly cooled herself down. She grabbed her boyfriend’s arm, trying to subdue him. “Why does it matter? Let Seh Lyung bring who she wants.” But Ji Eun knew she’d have her answer sooner or later. One of these guys was Seh Lyung’s boyfriend, she just knew it. But the question was, which one?  

                The three boys looked back and forth to each other. Jeongmin chuckled, pretending to make the situation more bearable. But they all knew, that the competition was on.

                On the way home, Hyunseong carried Seh Lyung’s backpack, but Jeongmin opened the door for her. Yet Youngmin held her hand all the way. They made way to the lab door, only to find it locked. “I believe I left the door open.” Hyunseong mused.

                In desperation, Youngmin banged on the metal door repeatedly. “Kwangmin!”

                “Relax, Blondie.” Ruffling the twin’s hair, Jeongmin reached for the number pad and started typing in the code. 5.25.11 Giving it a soft twirl, Jeongmin tried opening the door. His eyebrows furred when he noticed that the door wouldn’t budge. He gave a harder pull, but it was still locked. “Donghyun-hyung and hyungnim changes the codes frequently. Hyunseong, do you know the code?”

                The boy shrugged. “That was the right code, I guess not anymore.” He walked over and typed another number. 5.26.11. He tried prying the door open. “Nothing.”

                Youngmin’s eyes got wider as he stared at the door, wishing he had see-through vision. “But, someone’s upstairs.” He said, hearing the sound of a shower going on. The three boys looked at each other, nodding their heads in agreement. “Kwangmin!” he started thinking off all the possibilities when he darted up the stairs, dragging Seh Lyung along with him.

                Jeongmin and Hyunseong looked back and forth to each other and started popping in random codes.

                2.12.89

                6.9.93

                1.2.94

                4.24.95

                “Why didn’t you just tell him that he’s upstairs?” Hyunseong asked, slightly annoyed.

                “Why didn’t you just tell him yourself?” Jeongmin retorted, a lazy grin crossing his features. “Admit it, you wanted him to be surprised.”

                “It’s not my fault he can’t detect other robots.”

                7.31.95

                “AH!”

                In that second, they completely abandoned the idea of trying to open the lab door when they heard Seh Lyung’s shriek. Dashing up the stairs, they were met with a weird scene. The bathroom door was wide open, and steam was coming out. Youngmin had a big smile on his face, while Seh Lyung hid her face in Youngmin’s jacket. It was just like they day she met the four boyfriends, déjà vu?

                Seeing a hot, robot.

                “Kwangmin! You’re alive!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ugh, my writing skill is diminishing. And with the end of my Creative writing class it's going to go downhill from here.

Anyways... I'm a week late... perfect. I missed out to enter this chapter Wednesday. Oh well, I just hope this doesn't become a habit.

Contest time~ Tell me all the meanings of all those codes, and the first person who does it in order of appearance will get a one shot. Please be a Jeongmin fan. Or maybe I should do 200th commenter? OTL, maybe I'll do two one shots. FINE, two chances! But the one shots might be short and drabbly then, don't kill me!

AND OTL. MY BANNER'S SMALLER. HOW CAN I MAKE IT BIGGER WITHOUT RUINING THE RESOLUTION. HELP MEEHH.

I'm slacking... ahh, I hope I get all the comment replies. If I miss yours I'm sorry!

Ranvadew: Ahaha are you saying I should make a fight scene? Let's do it! Ahaha, kidding... but only if you want me to~

B-HorromiChan: Well they didn't exactly debut, they just cameoed as trainniesthey didn't recongnize as the 300 CFs as children twins...but whatever~ thank you!

TabzzVee: Thank you! Agh, I hate cliffhangers do, that's why I like doing them, they make people mad :)

trish_042405: Maybe Minwoo's side will come... eventually. Yay, I finally improved on Seh Lyung's character! It's not much but it's a start! I did practice, but it just shows that I can't dance x) I started on January 12. I was on/off learning the little thing during November. I practiced until like four a few times :O But it really doesn't help me. Ahh...young? Hehe, how old do you think I am? Oh, the feeling of finally seeing your author's face.

ELFyourface: I could never slap Minwoo >.< I heard he's wearing a plaster, but I don't see it... random... was he in the same car accident as Kwangmin? I hope he's okay too. I WAS SO NERVOUS, I FELT LIKE I WAS REALLY TALKING TO BOYFRIEND. Seriously, I was so quiet... ugh. I wanted to be loud and positive, so it would catch their eye, ugh. WHY MEE.

Youngmin4eva: No problem!

Lilmisschique: Fight, fight, fight! I know, robots can't live forever :( I know, that's why I put it. Maybe Boyfriend will laugh at my spaz scene in my UCC and call me cute <3

minwoo: Uh huh ^^

Love me~~~

~Camille