All Together

Absolute Boyfriend

                “What is the first step you would do to find the answer to this problem?” the teacher asked, pointing to a really long algorithm.

                Seh Lyung promptly raised her hand. “Combine like terms.”

                “Correct.”

                Minwoo clapped loudly, causing Youngmin and Kwangmin to laugh.

                “No Minwoo,” the teacher called out, her tone ice cold. “If you cheer whenever Kim Seh Lyung answers a question correctly one more time, you will be removed from this room.”

                Minwoo pouted, and slumped in his chair, head bowed. “Sorry teacher.” A few of the girls silently felt pity for the adorable boy being reprimanded.

                Seh Lyung paid no mind, and copied down some problems from homework. She was completely professional in school. She took a quick glance at Donghyun (aka, Teacher Kim) who was doing some paperwork. So far, she liked him the best, Donghyun was normal, and didn’t cheer for her when she got an answer right—coughMinwoocough.

                When it was their lunch period she noticed Minwoo immediately pull out a light pink lunchbox. It looked really girly of him holding it, and Kwangmin started teasing him for it.

                “Did your mom pack you that?” Kwangmin asked.

                Minwoo shook his head. “It’s for Seh Lyung.”

                “Ooh~” the twins marveled in unison, finding yummy looking egg omelets and rice in the small lunchbox.

                “Can I have some?” Youngmin asked, reaching for the plastic fork.

                “No!” Minwoo exclaimed, frowning. “This is only for Seh Lyung.”

                “Aish, Minwoo stop it.” Seh Lyung lightly hit him with the pink lunch box cover. “I didn’t even know you were going to pack me lunch. You can have some if you want, Youngmin.”

                “I was just kidding,” Youngmin chuckled. “Me and Kwangmin had a big breakfast, we’re not too hungry.”

                Minwoo nodded. “Same here,” he lied smoothly, as robots didn’t have to eat.

                Seh Lyung rolled her eyes, and poked her meal. It did look good… She took a small bite of the egg omelet, and tried not to smile. Wow, it was delicious. But she kept her composure; she wouldn’t hear the end of it if Minwoo caught her eating his food happily.

                “Minwoo-ah! Seh Lyungie!”

                Donghyun opened the classroom door where Hyunseong and Jeongmin entered, with some more lunch boxes in their hands. Donghyun silently nodded at the two boys, and directed them to sit where Seh Lyung was. Jeongmin took no hesitation and grabbed two desks and shoved them next to Seh Lyung, moving Youngmin and Kwangmin out of the way. Hyunseong silently followed, apologizing to the two confused boys.

                “Hi hyungs!” Minwoo said, moving a little to give some free space.

                “We’re allowed to have lunch with you guys!” Hyunseong replied.

                “Ah, Minwoo-goon~” Jeongmin ruffled his hair happily. “Who are they?” he asked, pointing to Youngmin and Kwangmin, as if he was disgusted by their faces.

                “They’re nice people hyung,” Minwoo reasoned, tugging on his elder’s arm, forcing him to sit down. “Youngmin and Kwangmin, my new friends!”

                The twins laughed, liking Minwoo’s enthusiasm. Something clicked in Jeongmin’s head, and his personality suddenly turned. “Hello, Youngmin-goon, Kwangmin-goon!”

                “Hey?” Kwangmin said awkwardly, leaning in his seat. “Strange first day,” he muttered to his brother, who nodded in agreement.

                Surprisingly, the conversation continued smoothly. The five boys seemed to warm up to each other nicely. Their conversations were both endearing and comfortable, and they seemed like they were long lost brothers or something. For a second, she forgot Jeongmin, Hyunseong, and Minwoo weren’t even living. Just there, but they just seemed so casual.

                “Hm?” Kwangmin noticed that Seh Lyung was off in her own world. “Seh Lyungie, you okay?”

                “What?” her head bobbed up slightly. “Yeah, why?”

                Kwangmin grinned, flipping his bangs. “Nothing, it just looked cute when you were spacing out. So, can me and Youngmin still come over today?”

                The fact that Kwangmin called her cute kept ringing in her head, but she shook it off slightly, and wasn’t able to relish that compliment. A vision of the twins’ faces formed in her mind if they ever found out that Minwoo, Jeongmin, and Hyuneong were now living with her. Oh yeah! And the teacher, Donghyun, especially creepy. That’s a big no. She sighed. “Sorry, I think my uncle doesn’t want people over right now, he’s been really exhausted recently.” She leaned into Kwangmin’s face quietly, praying that her words didn’t reach the boyfriend’s hyper-sensitive ears.

                The dark-haired boy puffed his cheeks, frowning. “Mmkay. But hey! Why don’t you come to our house instead?”

                That wasn’t a bad idea.

                Youngmin’s ears quirked, hearing his brother speak. “Sure, why don’t you all come over today?”

                Never mind, bad idea.

                Now she had to babysit the three of them. How could she conceal their robot-ness in an unknowing human’s house? It’s bad enough at school.

                “That would be awesome!” Minwoo said, pumping his fist.

                With a tight smile, Seh Lyung got up. “I’m going to go to the bathroom, I’ll be back.”

                They continued on with their conversation with no problem, as Seh Lyung approached Donghyun’s desk. “You’re the only sane person I can talk to.” She muttered, sitting at the desk closest to him.

                Donghyun removed his glasses slightly, as if almost drinking her in, like those weird librarians on television. “What’s wrong?”

                “The three of them are planning to go to a human’s—” she coughed, how weird it was referring to Youngmin and Kwangmin as humans. “Go to two of my friends’ house after school.”

                “Why would it be a problem?”

                “Oh, I don’t know.” Her voice dropped as she leaned in. “Because they might call me ‘girlfriend’ over and over? Not act natural enough? Be discovered as robots? Make me look crazy?”

                The new teacher folded his hands together, resting them on the wooden desk. “The Absolute Boyfriend series is programed with an adapter. As we get more accustomed to our areas, the more we pick up natural human habits.” He looked over to the side, where it looked like the three boyfriends were enjoying themselves. “You have no worries when you’re with us.”

                Seh Lyung gave Donghyun a look, still unsure about the situation.

                “Didn’t you say something about wanting to go to the bathroom?” Donghyun asked, reaching for a bathroom pass. 

                She blushed, taken aback that he could hear from so far away. “No, I lied so I wouldn’t have to stay there.”

                “If I could hear you tell them that you had to go to the bathroom from over there, then the three of them can surely hear that you lied,” Donghyun added, shuffling his paperwork together. “Good thing they aren’t paying attention.”

                She scoffed, watching Jeongmin and Kwangmin make a gag in front of the other guys.  “Why aren’t you like them?”

                “In one aspect, I’m a more mature boyfriend, that is, if you choose me.”  It sounded as if he was presenting himself as the newest bionic technology, which he probably was. “Other than that, I’m programed as a mediator for the so-called, younger personality-wise boyfriends.”

                “So what you’re saying is… you’re a leader?”

                “When you put it that way, absolutely. Consider me as the responsible leader of the Absolute Boyfriend Lover Series.”

                “Please, don’t refer to yourself as a ‘lover series.’” She muttered, sticking out her tongue in distaste.

                “Seh Lyung, I love your company,” he whispered, and Seh Lyung thought it was a little strange for his character. “But it’s best we continue this conversation for later.”

                “Why, for the first time I actually like talking to one of you guys.” She sulked, crossing her arms.

                “If you turn around, you will understand.”

                Reluctantly, she spun around, only to face terror. Some of her female classmates were whispering at her, wondering why she was warming up to the handsome teacher so quickly. She quickly put her hands up in defense to cover her embarrassed face, trying to not to get on any student’s bad side. Youngmin was also calling her name in the back of the room.

                She puffed her cheeks, dragging her shoes back to her seat.

                “So we’re all going to my house after class,” Youngmin said to Seh Lyung, filling her in. “You coming?”

                What choice did she have? She nodded her head, and Kwangmin put his arm over her shoulder. “Do you like Pokémon?” He asked out of the blue.

                “Sure?”

                “That’s awesome! We can play together!” Kwangmin said, tightening his hold on her. Seh Lyung smiled, leaning her head in his warm chest. She liked the newfound skin ship.

                Jeongmin glared intently at Kwangmin, and reached over, pulling him away from Seh Lyung. “Don’t touch my girl.” He said lowly.

                Youngmin pointed to the curly-haired boy. “So he’s your boyfriend?”

                “No,” Hyunseong said matter-of-factly. “Jeongmin is just affectionate.” He reasoned.

                “A little too affectionate.”

                The thought of Seh Lyung making it clear that she wasn’t with any of them embedded into Hyunseong’s computer. “She is not our girlfriend.”

                Minwoo swiped away the tension, and puffed his cheeks out. “What is Pokémon?” he asked, completely daft to the video game world.

                Kwangmin’s jaw instantly dropped. “Are you kidding me!?”

                And so it began. The friendship of Boyfriend and the Jo twins… oh yeah, and Seh Lyung in the middle.  

~~~~

Hi, sendohime here!

Tiny, announcement, from a tiny person:

If there is anything you don't like in my story, please tell me. If you want me to add something, please suggest it.

I haven't made Donghyun dorky enough of Jeongmin mirror-prince enough, and I still need more Jeongmin. I still need to involve the Jo twins in more boyfriend activities, and Minwoo seems so... generic. I guess it's because this fanfiction is in the early stages.

But I'm putting all my luck into this story. I pray that it gets featured, I just want one achievement to make me happy.

That's all, see you later!

~Camille