Breakdown

Absolute Boyfriend

                “That one’s pretty!” Ji Eun pointed to a nice silver hairclip with ivory pearls on the tip.

                The two girls eagerly nodded in response, their faces pressing against the glass case of the accessories display. The three boys looked at each other, acknowledging girls and their strange affections for hairclips.

                “Would you like me to buy that for you?” Minwoo asked, trying to pull Ji Eun away from the store window.

                She shook her head, her eyes shining as bright as the jewels on the merchandise. “I’m not into that kind of stuff; I just thought they’d look nice on someone else.”

                Offhandedly, Se Young added, “It’s kind of expensive anyway.”

                “Oh, yeah.” Seh Lyung murmured, but her eyes continued to linger on the pretty hairclip.

                Hyunseong and Kwangmin looked at each other, both smiling. Hyunseong slipped a bill into Kwangmin’s pocket, adding to his emergency fare money. “I’ll pay for half, but you should give it to her, you’re her date. Meet us at the restaurant, okay?” With that, Hyunseong sped off to pull Se Young and Seh Lyung away from the shop, making them occupied away from Kwangmin.

                Catching up at the restaurant, Kwangmin hid the gift he had behind his back. “Seh Lyungie~” he cooed. Seh Lyung looked over to the boy, whose face was nothing but happy. She felt good, she was having a great time with Kwangmin and he was nothing but a gentleman to her. It was like Kwangmin was back to normal. “Seh Lyung! Come closer to me!”

                She reached over and brushed the dark bangs that hid his eyes to get a better look at Kwangmin. She stared at him strangely. “Why? Is there something on my face?” instinctively, she patted her cheeks to make sure she wasn’t embarrassing herself.

                Chuckling, Kwangmin shook his head. He glanced at Minwoo, who looked away from Ji Eun long enough to notice their little moment. He scooted closer in the booth, leaning over Seh Lyung. “Here,” Kwangmin took out the same shiny silver barrette and pushed Seh Lyung’s bangs back, pinning them down, “now I can see more of your face, you look so cute!”

                “Me?” Seh Lyung’s hand flew to her head, the small clip. It was still warm from Kwangmin’s touch. “Oh, you didn’t have to.”

                “It’s a souvenir for our date, keep it.” Kwangmin insisted, giving a wide smile. But he lowered his tone and whispered in her ear. “But also thank Hyunseong-hyung because he paid too.”

                “Ah,” she looked over to Hyunseong and gave a little eye smile, “thank you to you both, I’ll wear it a lot.” Embarrassed, she looked down and took a sip of her drink.

                Ji Eun squealed in the background, poking Se Young’s arm. “Aren’t they just the cutest thing? I thought Jeongmin or Hyunseong would be her boyfriend,” she stopped herself, and looked to Se Young. “Ah, Se Youngie, I’m sorry. Hyunseong’s your date; I was just so caught up in their love triangle that I forgot…”

                Se Young shrugged. “I don’t care. Kwangmin’s really cute though…” she smiled to herself, having all these cute guys around her overwhelmed her with her choices.

                Lightly slapping her shoulder, Ji Eun said, “But you’re going on a date with Hyunseong!”

                Leaning back, Se Young took a long sip of her drink. “I guess so.”

                The boy in conversation looked over to the two gossiping girls. He sighed, feeling like a third wheel. But beside the point, Minwoo was practically fuming. Did Ji Eun just call Kwangmin, Seh Lyung’s boyfriend? No way.

                 “Something up?” Hyunseong whispered casually, shifting closer to the younger boy.

                “Nothing.” Minwoo said shortly, forcing himself to drink the glass of water in front of him.

                Hyunseong drummed his fingers against the wooden table. “Are you sure about that? You seem kind of,” he pursed his lips together as he watched Kwangmin Seh Lyung’s shiny dark hair. “jealous.”

                “No.” Minwoo replied a bit too quickly for it to be believable. “Nope, not at all.”

                Shrugging, Hyunseong puffed out his cheeks. “Whatever you want to believe is fine with me.”

                After their meal, they decided to conclude their day with a few hours in the norebang. It all started when Seh Lyung had said she had never gone to a karaoke bar before, at that point she had no choice but to let Ji Eun take her. The three boys looked around the place, since it was their first time going as well. But they had no idea what this place was for.

                Se Young looked at Hyunseong strangely when he asked. “You know, a place where you sing.”

                At the mention of singing he perked up. “Really!?” the girl nodded slowly, wondering if he lived in a hole all his life. “That’s really cool. C’mon Seh Lyungie, let’s go!” he suddenly forgot about Se Young as he dragged the younger girl’s hand upstairs.

                Kwangmin, Ji Eun, and Minwoo snickered at that. Se Young was passive, and albeit didn’t care, as she sauntered up the stairs like a free woman.

                “Oppa, wait until the others get here!” but she laughed, knowing she couldn’t manage to split up the grip between Hyunseong and the song book. Ever since he, Donghyun, and Jeongmin sang Love Like Oxygen to her, he had spent a lot of his time singing. He trained his voice whenever he could, even though K.Will told him his voice was absolute perfection.

                Hyunseong briefly ignored her, pushing in the buttons for his desired song. He held the microphone in front of his lips, flashing a shy smile to her.

                                “I’m your boyfriend, I’m your boyfriend
                                You’re my girlfriend, you’re my girlfriend
                                You’re amazing, you’re even better than everyone else~”

                Everyone watched from the doorway as Hyunseong’s affectionate voice serenaded her. Seh Lyung couldn’t fight the blush that crept up her cheeks as Ji Eun and Se Young stared at her in envy, wanting to be sung to as well. When the song was done, Hyunseong put down the microphone and rubbed his neck. “You know, it sounds even better with Jeongmin and Donghyun-hyung.” He admitted, bashful.

                Ji Eun clapped her hands together, reaching over to pinch Hyunseong’s adorably chubby cheeks. “Wah, I didn’t know you were such a good singer!” she stopped herself. “Wait, isn’t Donghyun… Minwoo’s teacher?”

                Minwoo stepped in to protect Donghyun’s image. “It’s someone different.” He laughed involuntarily. “Noona, let me show you my talent!”

                The brunette twin immediately understood Minwoo’s words, and stepped beside him. “Why don’t we do the routine together, like last time?” Minwoo produced a stiff nod, probably wanting to impress Ji Eun on his own, but not wanting to disappoint his friend.

                “Like last time?” Seh Lyung voiced out, looking at both of them.

                Kwangmin led her to a seat, and winked at her. “Just watch.”

                They started up a song on the television. And there they went. They didn’t sing, but Minwoo and Kwangmin expressed their talents through dancing. Everyone in the room watched in awe as the two started popping and moving perfectly to the beat. Their movements were like water, fluid and full of motion. But Seh Lyung felt a little guilty for not watching Kwangmin’s movements as much as she should’ve. It just happened that Minwoo was the better dancer, in terms of professionalism and sharpness.

                Surprisingly, the creepiest of comments managed to escape Se Young’s mouth. “Wah~ Kwangmin is so y.”

                Once the song ended, Ji Eun giggled to herself, “I never knew my Minwoo had a manly side.”

                Recovering, Seh Lyung beamed a wide smile to Kwangmin, and threw her arms around him. “That was great, Kwangmin-ah!” she decided to this time give her full attention to him. “You looked great!” though she couldn’t help but feel like she was giving him a white-lie, since she was looking at Minwoo 70% of the time, and Kwangmin seemed to notice.

                Despite that, he didn’t seem to mind. As long as Seh Lyung was in his arms, it was alright. Forgetting people were still in the room, Kwangmin bent forward and pressed a kiss to her head, right where the hairclip he bought her rested. The moment was that desirable for him. She was addicting, he just hated to admit it. He was falling into the routine of an Absolute Boyfriend.

                The whole room was silent, apart from Ji Eun, who squealed like a little girl on Christmas day. She seemed like the epitome of a fan girl who shipped Seh Lyung with anyone. Minwoo snuck out of the room, and Ji Eun excused it as him wanting to go wash his face, as she didn’t notice the envy traced all over him. Kwangmin looked to Hyunseong, who nodded, knowing they had to keep the two girls distracted.

                Seh Lyung coughed, pulling away from Kwangmin. “I need to go to the bathroom, too. But I don’t know where it is, and I guess I’ll just go follow Minwoo…” with that, she awkwardly left the room.

                Walking outside, she took a deep breath, as she found the side view of Minwoo.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The moment you've all been waiting for. Dun dun dunnnn. Pray that Seh Lyung doesn't get eaten by Minwoo.

http://boyfriendstore.tumblr.com/shop#ecwid:category=1640596&mode=product&product=8745101 I really want this bracelet! So cute! In pink! And it'll be on the right side of my wrist next to my SHINee bracelet

ringgoB: Jeongmin's the best :D I seriously think if this was real, he'd totally would have won Seh Lyung's heart already with his cheesy pick-up lines.

ELFyourface: Poor Hyunseong. Don't worry, he isn't going to die that badly. He did fairly well in this chapter. But yes, Se Young is... strange.

minwoo: Minnesota? Wow, you don't live too far from me. And I just like the pure look about Boyfriend. I mean, I'm never a fan of the bad boy concept, but I do admit a lot of people like it so I can't judge. But I like a pure group. And I felt so content that I would finally have a boyfriend XD tbh this is off-topic but I'm scared B.A.P. is going to step all over them, they probably will.

Lilmisschique: Dude you should totally upload a UCC to webcam with them :D People in Germany even got to webcam. That is amazing.

trish_042405: I know, at first the date chapter was going to be in one sitting, but then I went over three-thousand words and I had to split . Thank you! And I was wrong, rumors messed me up. Love Scandal is nothing but a weird segment that was shipping Jeongseong/Seongjeong.

B-HorromiChan: Thanks! I've always wanted to match with someone but they're always girls XD Maybe I'll get a cute boyfriend someday that'll match with me. Ahah.

Everyone seems to like the "Lee freaking Se Young" line, eh? Well, maybe I'll incorporate it again in future fics XD

~Camille