Brand New You

Absolute Boyfriend

                “Everything is ‘a’ okay.” Hyunseong said happily, finally being able to relax at home.

                The boy with curly honey hair curled up beside his friend. He stretched his arms, looking at Hyunseong with reluctance. “Are you sure about that? Lee Se Young’s a pretty devilish character.” Jeongmin his lips. “But not in a good way.”

                In response, Hyunseong lightly rapped the other’s head. “Shut up, Jeongmin.”

                He immediately backed away, and started fixing his hair. “Don’t touch my hair.” He said protectively, going up to find a mirror.

                Donghyun looked over to Kwangmin, who had a dreamy look in his eyes. He was thinking about the wonderful day he had with Seh Lyung. Youngmin tried waving his hand in front of his face.  Snapping his fingers in front of his face, he asked, “So what happened?”

                “Huh?” he honestly had no idea what happened, being left with IU and Se Young back at the norebang.

                Cutting in, Hyunseong told his hyung to relax. “Minwoo and Seh Lyung made up, I swear. Last time I checked they were all huggy and whatever.”

                “Oh really?” Donghyun seemed a little too defensive to believe him. “Well, where is he now? With Lee Ji Eun?”

                “Breaking up with her, he’ll be home in 3… 2… 1.”

                They all sensed Minwoo at the front door. But they noticed he made no move to open the door. He had a key, didn’t he? Minwoo had ringed the doorbell repeatedly, annoying everyone in the house. Jeongmin, who had just come back from the bathroom, finally got sick of the noise and flung the door open. “What even, Minwoo.” Jeongmin rudely reached into Minwoo’s red coat pocket, dangling the silver keys in his face. “Why did you have to ring the bell?”

                Minwoo’s eyes got larger as he examined the keys. He looked around the house, as if he had never seen such a thing. “Hyung, what are we doing here? We have to go to Ji Eun’s house!”

                “What?

                Donghyun immediately sprang to his feet, circling Minwoo like a hawk. The innocent boy simply turned his head to the side, trying to find something different in him.

                “Minwoo!” a young girl wearing a large yellow sweater and blue jeans swept down the stairs and opened her arms, hugging Minwoo. “You were out for so long! I thought you could help me with my math homework again!” she said, sheepishly showing him the blank piece of paper in her hands.

                As if Seh Lyung was some sort of poison, he pushed her away, causing her to slip and fall into Donghyun’s arms. “Who are you?” he asked defensively.

                “What are you talking about?” Seh Lyung asked, feeling her heart drop at Minwoo’s sudden attitude. It was quite familiar. “It’s me, Kim Seh Lyung.”

                “Seh Lyung?”

                “Yeah, your…” she never had to explain herself like this before, “girlfriend.”

                Shooting her a dirty look, Minwoo said, “My only girlfriend is Lee Ji Eun. And would you please not touch me like that ever again; the only person I’ll hug is my girlfriend.”

                Seh Lyung froze. Wasn’t everything just fine, less than… not even an hour ago! She stepped closer, reaching her hand out. But Minwoo tried slapping it away. Was this happening all over again? She shot a look at Donghyun, who looked frankly, pissed off. “Ji Eun must’ve activated Minwoo.”

                Finally getting up, Youngmin stepped in and asked, “What do you mean by, activate?”

                Donghyun sighed, rubbing his face with his hand. “You know how there’s a kiss activation feature in the Absolute Boyfriend?” Seh Lyung remembered how her uncle asked if she wanted to kiss them, and how she completely argued against the idea. “Well… we’re not officially yours until you kiss us.”

                “Of course,” she threw her hands in the air, “there’s stupid details for everything.”

                Kwangmin and Youngmin stepped over to grab Minwoo’s arms on both sides. “We’re going to go charge, right Minwoo?” they asked tersely, forcing him away from Donghyun.

                But Donghyun reached over and snatched Kwangmin’s arm, who was quickly replaced by Jeongmin. “Jeongmin and Youngmin will figure out a way to deal with,” he gave a warning look to Minwoo. “Minwoo. Hyunseong, and Kwangmin will come with me.” He then reached for Seh Lyung’s hand. “You’re coming, up to your room.”

                Numb, she felt her body being dragged by both Donghyun and Hyunseong. She gave a final look towards Minwoo, who was flanked by Jeongmin and Youngmin, trying to lead him downstairs. She heard the faint words of Youngmin, “It’s always Minwoo, isn’t it?”

                The rest of the gang entered her room and moved all her textbooks from the bed to the vanity table. Kwangmin and Seh Lyung sat on the fluffy mattress. Hyunseong grabbed a chair and plopped himself down, and Donghyun was pacing around the room. “Kwangmin, did you hear everything?” he asked.

                “I don’t understand what you mean, hyung.” Kwangmin looked up, trying to remember things. “I don’t have a lot of features like you guys, like super hearing.”

                “You probably just haven’t activated it.” Donghyun shook his head, looking over to Hyunseong for answers. “What did you hear? When did you say that Minwoo and Seh Lyung made up?”

                The boy in question cleared his throat, knowing that he was going to have a long story to tell. “Alright, so I believe Minwoo got jealous of Kwangmin and went downstairs, Seh Lyung followed her. They were talking about stuff, and I think Minwoo started to argue.” He scratched his head, trying to jog his memory bank. “But Seh Lyung started crying, saying how much a mistake she made,” he gave a sorry look to Seh Lyung, because he knew he had to tell everything to Donghyun. “After that, they made up. It was a long time before I had to come down and get him. By then, it seems like Ji Eun had discovered that Seh Lyung had left to go to Minwoo.”

                Slowly, Donghyun nodded, trying to let the information sink in more easily. He traced the ivory stiches of Seh Lyung’s bed sheet, trying to calm himself. “We’re really lucky here. But we can’t keep this secret from K.Will-hyungnim any longer.” K.Will was luckily at an overnight convention for robotics in Incheon. “We either tell him or we fix this tomorrow.”

                “And if we don’t?” Seh Lyung asked, clutching her teddy bear.

                “Well, we’ll have to tell hyungnim and ask him to erase Minwoo and Ji Eun’s memories.” Seh Lyung’s eyes flickered hesitantly at the idea. “Or we can do this on our own,” Donghyun’s eyes shifted to the girl. “as long as you feel confident.”

                “What are you talking about?” Seh Lyung said warily, her back pressing against the headboard.

                “Have you ever kissed a boy before, Seh Lyung?”

```

                “Get your over there!” Youngmin tried pushing Seh Lyung closer to the table without hurting her, but she dug her nails so firmly in the wall that he couldn’t move her without making a scene. In a hushed whisper he said, “Quit being a baby and crash their date!”

                “Wah, I don’t wanna!” Seh Lyung cried, immediately regretting to agree to Donghyun’s plan. She was sacrificing her first mouth-to-mouth kiss. She clawed herself to the wall, trying not to stare at Minwoo and Ji Eun on the opposite side, happily enjoying their date. “Call it off and let’s tell Sahm-chon!”

                “I don’t think so.” The reply came from the walkie-talkie Youngmin held in his hand. It was Donghyun’s voice. “I know you don’t want to involve your Uncle, Seh Lyungie. That’s why we kept it a secret all this time, right?”

                Seh Lyung sighed, he was right. But she couldn’t avoid the fact that Youngmin held a walkie-talkie in his hands when he could hear from down the street. “Why the hell do you have that thing when you can have a full on conversation with just whispering?”

                Youngmin happily lifted the walkie-talkie and waved it in his hand. “But it’s so cool to have them around!”

                Kwangmin slapped a hand over his face, obviously embarrassed for his immature older brother.

                The people at the fast-food restaurant called for Ji Eun and Minwoo’s order. Ji Eun was practically glowing, acting as if noting went on last night. For a good five minutes, everyone watched as the two argued on who would get the order. Being the gentleman, Minwoo insisted, but Ji Eun countered with that she was the one who originally bought the food, telling him they wouldn’t give him her food if he came out of nowhere. Finally giving up, Ji Eun happily skipped away to the food counter.  

                “Don’t move from this spot!” she said cutely. They watched as Ji Eun almost ran into a worker, who had a high pile of boxes stacked high above his head. She bowed hurriedly. “Omo, I’m so sorry!”

                “No, it’s fine.” The worker moved his head to the side and revealed the face of a charming Jeongmin. “Ji Eunnie? Fancy seeing you here, are you with Minwoo?” he wondered innocently.

                The girl nodded, surprised. “I didn’t know you worked here!  Actually, I am with him. We’re on a date…” she looked up at the boxes that Jeongmin held, and they looked pretty heavy. “But those packages your holding, do you need any help?”

                A bell of victory ringed in Jeongmin’s head. “Oh, but don’t you have a date with Minwoo? I wouldn’t want to interrupt it.” he smiled devilishly as he felt his load getting lighter. Ji Eun insisted, and stood on her tippy toes to grab two of his boxes. “Ah, you’re so kind. Thank you so much. I’ll tell someone to hold your order. The truck is outside.”

                And in the driver’s seat sat Shim Hyunseong, who leaped out of the car to help Jeongmin and Ji Eun with the boxes. “Hey guys.”

                “Wow!” Ji Eun gasped. “You work here too?” offhandedly she added, “You know, there had been some rumors going around that your jobs were in host clubs.”

                Jeongmin and Hyunseong avoided the comment, loading the boxes in the truck as slow as possible. Hyunseong tried thinking of a good topic to stall Ji Eun. Jeongmin fiddled with the cap and stared at Youngmin through the window, trying to signal that it was safe to go to Minwoo. And finally, Hyunseong snapped his fingers together and turned to Ji Eun. He knew a good distraction question.

                “Hey Ji Eun, don’t you think Jeongmin kind of looks like SHINee’s Onew?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DreamSky: Oh Minwoo, always getting in trouble >.<

Lilmisschique: Ah, Jeongmin would be such a cute gangster XD Even though gangsters shouldn't be cute, but whatver~ I shouldn't be thinking about other fics when I still have this one going on. I'll finish this one and do the Jeongmin one after, hopefully.

ELFyourface: I know right! Minwoo , he's always causing stuff.

MagicFame: That's why the Absolute Boyfriends are prototypes, they're bound to error :(

Ranvadew: I couldn't just let Minwoo and Seh Lyung live happily ever after THAT easily. I mean, a certain girl is in the way. CoughJiEuncough.

trish_042405: I made you day? Awweeee! Yeah, I really need to keep a distance with Seh Lyung and Minwoo, so that's why I added that twist. I had a feeling that I'd probably get out of hand if I kept Minwoo too close to her, and make them do a lot of cute couply stuff without the other members. I have to control my biasness of Minwoo >.< Well if he can't learn English, but ugh! Korean is so hard! There's too many words that sound the same. But then again, I know English is a very hard language to learn... sigh.

Minkwang_: Have I freaked everyone out that Ji Eun reprogramed Minwoo?

kimhyunwoos_: Breathe... breathe... use your words. It's going to be okay... Minwoo and Seh Lyung will be okay...

Tabzzvee: Sigh. Oh Minwoo.

shirleylele: Well if you ever watched/read Absolute Boyfriend (Japanese) or read chapter four of my fic, since this is a lover robot it would make sense for them to be by a kiss, right? And it makes sense for the person you kiss to be the person for you to be with?

minwoo: "Cheating is when you kiss another girl..." Seh Lyung said this to him before earlier. So yeah. Awe, and don't be mad at Ji Eun :(

Is it me or do you guys love/hate Ji Eun? I mean, you gotta feel bad, she has no idea what's going on, she's just a normal girl in love~ but Minwoo's back to normal, he's all cute and fluffy again!

So as a minority, people like me don't usually get the lead roles in films or whatever. So I auditioned for the lead role for my club's play and I GOT IT. Whoot! And my co-star is a really cute Asian guy who is fabulous at singing Taeyang <3 Omg, but his acting . At least he's good to look at...

Wah, that's so bad for me to say >.< Pray for some measure that he doesn't see this.

~Camille