Love Heptagon

Absolute Boyfriend

                Seh Lyung went to school earlier than usual. She totally forgot about her math homework (once again) and even forgot her textbook in her locker. She called up Youngmin (because for now Minwoo was out of the question) for math help at the library. Sure, Kwangmin was supposedly the smarter half of the Jo twins, but Kwangmin and Minwoo seemed closer and she didn’t want to get Kwangmin involved in her mess. Besides, it’s been awhile since she had last hung out with the blond boy.

                But of course, if Seh Lyung comes, Boyfriend follows.

                “Are you cold?” Jeongmin asks, adjusting the tie on Seh Lyung’s collar, walking backwards with no sign of falling over his heels. It was morning and they were on their way to school. “Seh Lyung-ah, did you eat breakfast?”

                “I packed a sandwich in your backpack if you get hungry while you study, okay?” Hyunseong says, poking the right side of Seh Lyung’s backpack.

                “Thanks guys.” She smiled with sincerity, but took Jeongmin’s hands away as she adjusted the tie herself.

                “In return, we should know one thing…” Jeongmin casually put in a whistle as he continued.

                “Why can’t we help you with your homework?” Hyunseong asked, his face down.

                “What do you mean? He has the same textbook.”

                Jeongmin quickly ripped open his backpack and held up his math book. “I would’ve given you mine!”

                She laughed, who lightly pushed away his offer. “But we’re in different classes, it wouldn’t matter anyway. C’mon Jeongmin, lighten up.”

                Jeongmin huffed, crossing his arms as he walked a little faster. “But we’re smarter than any humans!”

                Seh Lyung stopped, pushing her finger into Jeongmin’s chest, pushing him back. “Don’t talk about Youngmin and Kwangmin like that.” She said firmly, her eyes glaring harshly into Jeongmin’s, leaving Hyunseong in the middle to watch the little ordeal. “They’re humans, but they’re two of my only human friends, so deal.”

                The boy smirked, liking the way Seh Lyung was heating up. Finding the opportunity, he quickly leaned over and kissed her cheek, and made sure to run as fast as he could to his class. “See you at lunch, g-g-girlfriend~!”

                “YAH!” Seh Lyung barked, yelling after his retreating figure. She slumped her shoulders, looking at the awkward Hyunseong. “Sorry… let’s just go.”

                “We’re trying not to be jealous,” Hyunseong informed, his calm voice easing her tense state. “But you programed us to be a little jealous, so it’s still weird for us that you want to be around Youngmin and Kwangmin.”

                “Ah, I’m sorry Hyunseongie-oppa~” she cooed, linking arms with him. “I’m sorry. But don’t you have girlfriends too?”

                “My only girlfriend is you.” He said solemnly.

                “I mean like, female friends.”

                “Well, there’s this one girl…” he trailed off, fearing that he might be saying something bad.

                “Lee Ji Eun?” she finished, her voice easily finding the words.

                Hyunseong’s jaw dropped, slightly embarrassed. “H-how did you know!?”

                They were nearing the school, in which they were soon going to part ways. There weren’t a lot of people because it was so early. Seh Lyung spun herself around and flashed him a wink.  “I know things. And she seems like a good friend, not that you need my approval, but I approve! I’ll see you during lunch, bye~!”

                Jo Youngmin was waiting in the library, bored out of his mind. He tapped his pink eraser on the shiny wooden table, ruining it with smudges. Why did he even come here in the first place? Minwoo usually helped her with her math. It was so early; Kwangmin and Minwoo weren’t even awake yet.

                “I’m sorry, did I keep you waiting?” His head bobbed up at the sound of her voice. She did look really cute in her school uniform, but did she forget her blazer? He noticed her summer shirt peeking out of her thin pea coat. She plopped herself in the seat next to him, taking off her jacket.

                Almost instinctively, Youngmin reached out and touched her cheek with the back of his hand. He winced, pulling it back and reached in his backpack. “You’re freezing, Seh Lyung-ah!”

                “Oh?” she didn’t notice, but it was probably because her body was too numb to react.

                “Here,” he showed her his mustard yellow scarf, and he didn’t hesitate when he wrapped it around her neck. He made it cozy around her but not too tight. “You can borrow this for now, I know it isn’t much. But maybe Donghyun-hyung will give an exception when he sees you forgot your winter blazer.”

                “Thanks Youngmin-ah.” She said, snuggling her nose into the warm fabric. It smelled just like him, happy and sunny.

                “So let’s get started, shall we?” he asked, cracking open his textbook and turning on his calculator.

                With the two of them teaming up, Seh Lyung got her homework done quickly, and even had time to go over Youngmin’s grammar for English class. They walked back to their classroom, their shoulders brushing against each other every now and then.

                “Thanks so much for everything!” she was about to take off Youngmin’s scarf but he kept pushing her hand down. “Heh. For the scarf, and the homework help. Youngmin-ah is so awesome!”

                The blond boy blushed, her aegyo getting a little too cute for him to withstand. “No problem! Next time you need homework help let’s walk to school in the mornings, shall we?”

                “Yep!” she giggled. Youngmin even had a little energetic streak in the morning. And although some couldn’t notice it, the spark in his eyes was always lit up to its brightest.

                Seh Lyung and Youngmin could hear the faint sounds of their classmates from the wall of their classroom. “Were you born before or after April 24th?” he asked randomly, trying to drown away the sounds of the other people in the hall.

                “After.” She replied simply.

                “In that case, call me oppa!” he exclaimed, bouncing up and down.

                “No!” she said with defiance, turning her head away. “It’s enough trouble that Jeongmin wants me to call him oppa. What’s with boys and wanting to be called that anyway?”

                Avoiding the question, Youngmin rebutted with a question of his own. “You don’t call Jeongmin-hyung ‘oppa’? But he’s like, a third year. You guys must be really close then.” He said, a twinge of sadness in his voice.

                She shrugged, opening the door to their classroom. “You could say that.”

                “Hyung!” Kwangmin called, bringing Youngmin over to the desks. “Where have you been this morning!”

                “Did you not get my text?” he asked, reaching in his brother’s coat pocket and showing him the unopened message. “See? You gotta check your phone.”

                Sheepish, Kwangmin read the message. “’I’m going to help Seh Lyungie with her homework’… oh, sorry.” He noticed his brother move to the side to reveal the petite girl in question. “Morning, Seh Lyung!”

                She noticed Minwoo’s head perk up slightly behind Kwangmin, but as soon as they made eye contact he darted his eyes down, slumping over Kwangmin’s desk. “Morning guys.” she said softly, going off to her chair.

                Watching her retreating figure, Kwangmin cocked his head to the side, noticing something different. “Hyung, is she wearing your scarf?”

                Youngmin gave a firm nod, feeling proud about it. “She was cold; doesn’t she look cute in it?”

                Reluctant, Kwangmin gave him a nod. “But my sweater looks better on her.”

                Teacher Kim Donghyun announced lunch a few hours later, and as if on cue he opened the door to reveal Jeongmin and Hyunseong, right on time. And as if everything was back to normal the kids pushed their desks together in a dining table-like fashion. Although one thing changed, instead of Minwoo sitting next to her like usual, he was replaced with Youngmin.

                “Youngmin-ah, can we go to the library after school again? Looking at tonight’s homework was even worse!” she begged, her voice choked with agony.

                Admiring her, Youngmin lightly patted her head. “Sure, as long as you help me with my English homework again. I’m hopeless with it.”

                “Deal!”

                “We’re coming too!” Jeongmin announced, pulling up Hyunseong’s hand.

                “I don’t want to be left alone again!” Kwangmin frowned, pulling up a reluctant Minwoo’s hand. “Count us in, too!”

                Seh Lyung forced herself not to roll her eyes. Oh great, a library adventure.

```

                “Pass the chips, Minwoo-ah~” Hyunseong whispered, trying to get his hands on some barbeque-flavored potato chips.

                Seh Lyung flinched as she heard the deafening crunch of Hyunseong’s eating. “Don’t eat in the library!” she hissed, narrowing her chestnut brown eyes.

                With a mouthful of chips, Hyunseong swallowed them all in one gulp, and if he was human he probably would’ve choked and died. “Sorry, Seh Lyungie.”

                “Let’s take a break from the math.” Youngmin suddenly said, reaching over to Seh Lyung and closing her textbook. He earned a little glare from a silent Minwoo, who was already done with math and was actually waiting for Seh Lyung to finish hers. The rest of the boys scrunched their noses when they watched Youngmin’s hands brush with Seh Lyung’s, and got her blushing madly.

                Seh Lyung was quick to agree. “Why don’t we start that English story we’re supposed to translate?” she got up from her seat, making all the guys look up at her, wondering what she was going to do. “I’m going to go get a dictionary. I’ll be right back.”

                Surprisingly, Kwangmin was the first one out of his seat. “Want me to come with you?”

                She shook her head, pushing his shoulder down slightly. “I’m a big girl, I know the way.”

                As she walked away, she could hear Jeongmin crying. “Uwahh~! My girl’s all grown up.” Oh great, he’s a mother and a boyfriend.

                She walked over to the reference section, where there was two girls standing side by side, examining every title of every book in the top row. One girl was definitely Lee Ji Eun, since she saw her with Hyunseong the other day. The other girl was really pretty, with slightly long crimped hair and a tall slender figure. As a lowerclassman, Seh Lyung bowed slightly at them.

                Finding the Korean to English book, she reached her hand out to grab it. But being on the top shelf and being a small person doesn’t work out too well. She even tried jumping a little. She heard the upperclassmen giggling behind her. Embarrassed, she stopped trying and was about to ask Kwangmin to get it for her.

                “The librarian is going to get us a stool; we need some books up there, too.” She heard Ji Eun chime helpfully with her adorably high voice.

                “Oh, okay.” Seh Lyung replied; a tad shy with their presence. “Thank you, sunbaenim.”

                Ji Eun giggled once again, but it seemed even easier on the ears when you watched her small hands lift to her lips. “Didn’t I tell you to call me unnie, Seh Lyung?”

                A little flustered, Seh Lyung pressed a finger to herself. “You recognize me?”

                “Well, yeah. We are doing that assignment thing together.” A small smile grazed Ji Eun’s lips. “And also because your friends won’t stop talking about you.”

                “My friends?”

                “You know. Jeongmin and Hyunseong of course!”

                Seh Lyung’s mouth formed a small ‘o’ shape as she understood. She blushed again. “Omo. I’m sorry, it seems those two never shut up about me. That’s so embarrassing.” Their little conversation still continued when the librarian came with a little stool. Ji Eun’s friend let the two keep talking as she started snatching a bunch of books from the top shelf.

                “Oh no! It’s fine.” Ji Eun continued, and Seh Lyung was nothing but mesmerized by how Ji Eun could still be laughing so prettily. “In fact, it’s really cute that they talk so fondly of you.” She winked. “They might be fighting for your love, be careful. Love triangles are dangerous.”

                Love triangle? Far from it. More like a love pentagon, or maybe a heptagon if you counted Youngmin and Kwangmin.

                “Oh stop it Ji Eun-ah. You’re making her nervous.” She hear Ji Eun’s friend say. Seh Lyung wanted to know her name too, but she was still a bit shy. “This is the dictionary you wanted, right?” she said, placing a heavy translation book in her arms.

                “Ah, yes.” Seh Lyung bowed. “Thank you!”

                “See you later, Seh Lyungie!” Ji Eun whisper-shouted, her friend and her walking in the other direction.

                Once they were out of sight, she sighed, leaning against a case of books. What an experience, her first confrontation with female upperclassmen. And not just upperclassmen, probably queenkas.

                She turned around, only to be grabbed by the shoulders by a very red Youngmin. He started blubbering words and saying stuff she couldn’t understand. Confused, she just let him shake her until her got to his senses.

                “You wanted to go on your own so you can have her all to yourself!” Youngmin cried, pouting. “Wahh! I wanted to talk to IU-noona!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi!

So as you all know, or don't know, I've deleted the last poll. I was supposed to delete it yesterday, so that's why I have a problem. We have a first place, but two second placers. Yes, you know what that means?

I know, I know, I'm sorry there must be another poll ;_;

raymin: You liked it? I'm not too good with humor >.< but I tried my best. Thank you very much!

Lilmisschique: I'll never mind! Spam and comment all you want :) Awe man, I made a mistake, yeah, there should only be four boyfriends. I'm so used to referring to them as six, excuse me because I'm too lazy to correct it. Wah, I can totally imagine Minwoo dressed in a penguin suit waddling XD and thanks! I know, apparently My Boyfriends was the best-of-the-best Boyfriend fanfiction, but...

ringgoB: Don't worry! Minwoo will not be in love with Kwangmin, just a crack chapter :)

DreamSky: Nothing will happen to Minwoo~ hehe~

bluedragon: Yay! To be honest I'm never comfortable with boy-on-boy (except Jongkey, cough) but yeah. Special chapter :D And you can stan Boyfriend all you want!

KyuSica: Thank you! Maybe Minwoo and Kwangmin could act it out for the bestfriends one day, ahha~

kimhyunwoos_: Thanks! I hope to do another one for a special holiday!

trish_042405: I never knew I had the power to move people to tears, ahah. It means a lot to me, really. Thank you! Sadly, no No Minwoo. Aahah. N!? That's the only letter I get to work with? Wah, what's your biassss. I'm filipino too! But I speak zero tagalog -_- sigh. I hope you had a happy holiday too!

ELFyourface: Hmm, maybe I WILL do a continuation, ahaha.

janlauricebautista: Well, maybe he can win the third date :) Go vote!

I pray I got all the comments replied to and all the names spelt right. If I haven't I'm sorry D: I found out I was going to hang in NYC tomorrow, so I decided to update a little bit earlier. Anyways, who missed Youngmin? And Kwangmin? Oh let's not forget Minwoo, though he didn't have much speaking lines in this chapter...

I hope you don't think I hate Minwoo!!! I love him! So much! I can write you guys a whole one-shot and five sequels just about him! I actually had an idea for a Christmas fanfiction... but then I was like, must focus on Absolute Boyfriend!

~Camille