Short Lived

Absolute Boyfriend

                His head was down in a bad-boy depressed fashion, one foot propped against the wall. His bangs were drenched with what appeared to be sweat, as he lifted his head high enough to reach her eyes. “What do you want?” he asked gruffly, forcing his one foot down with a loud thud.

                She jumped at his attitude. Tentative, Seh Lyung walked forward, her feet shaking. Why was she feeling so nervous? It was the first time she was going to make decent conversation with him in a long time. “I…”

                “You better hurry up and spit it out; we wouldn’t want your precious Kwangmin waiting too long.” The way he said the older boy’s name was obviously made to sound insulting.

                “I don’t wanna meet with Kwangmin right now.” Her hands were getting clammy; she never had to talk to someone like this. But she had to convince him. “All I want is my Minwoo back.”

                Minwoo smirked, an expression never seen before. “Aren’t you proud of yourself? You’ve turned me into an upgraded version of myself. I never knew that other people could like me, I really wasted my time on you.”

                “No, you didn’t! And this isn’t you!” Seh Lyung argued back, stamping her foot like a spoiled brat. She was being touchy, and y about it. But she supposed it couldn’t be helped. “You didn’t waste your time on me, and don’t you think that—” she stepped closer to him. “Don’t think that I hated my time with you!”

                Minwoo used his tall frame to his advantage, and backed Seh Lyung into the wall, letting himself prowl over her body. “And what makes you think that I’ll believe you—”

                But Seh Lyung stopped Minwoo’s failed attempts to scare her off, and pulled him closer to her. She wrapped her arms around his slim waist, and pressed her forehead to his chest. Taking a deep breath, she noted how much she missed his presence, how it felt to have Minwoo by her side at all times. She couldn’t just snap at him anymore, it was her turn to be defeated.

                “Minwoo, Minwoo…” she repeated over and over, her voice muffled by the thin fabric of his shirt. “Please, forgive me. I’m really sorry for what I’ve said. And it’s taken me so long to realize how stupid I was to think that you were just…” she couldn’t even finish her sentence. She tried not to let her pride get the best of her. “I’m really sorry; I’ll do anything for you to forgive me.”

                Frozen to his spot, and his words caught in his throat, he had no choice but to just stare. Minwoo looked down at the tiny girl, whose arms were twined around him so tightly than it had ever been, like she would be too afraid to let go because he might disappear at that moment. But he was far from the thought of disappearing. The tables have turned, and now Seh Lyung was clinging to him.

                “I’m so stupid.”

                He frowned at the desperation and pain in her voice, had he caused all that? That wasn’t possible, he was just No Minwoo. No Minwoo, the robot that Seh Lyung had always thought was simple-minded and carefree. Had these few weeks changed him so much? He learned how girls really worked, and how Seh Lyung ticked. He had moved out of his home briefly, and experienced friendship apart from his hyungs. He also, managed to get himself a girlfriend.

                A girlfriend that wasn’t Kim Seh Lyung.

                Her name was Lee Ji Eun. Had Ji Eun replaced Seh Lyung? Did he really love her more than Seh Lyung? He hadn’t thought about her until now. When he was dancing earlier, all he was thinking about was Seh Lyung, how much she liked talented guys, and how he could impress her. What was Ji Eun to him? Was he really willing to give up all his friends for this one girl? He only liked the attention he gave her, something that Seh Lyung wasn’t able to give. But here Seh Lyung was, giving him all the attention he wanted. All those times he hung out with Ji Eun, he always ended up comparing her to Seh Lyung. As wrong as that was, it was all that it came down to.

                Had it only been a fluke, which the only moment that Seh Lyung didn’t want him, that he had to blow it out of proportion and ruin both their lives?

                “You’re not stupid.” He finally said. But he heard more muffling rumble in his chest, and looked to Seh Lyung’s head. He felt his shirt become wet, and not because of him dancing previously. Minwoo pushed her back, and noticed her hands instantly flew to her eyes. She was crying. He started to panic. “Seh Lyung—!”

                “Don’t let me go!” she snapped, throwing herself to him once again. Her sobs became louder as she tightened around Minwoo, immersing herself in the moment. “I missed you so much…”

                It was infallible, he couldn’t fight it. Seh Lyung would never let herself cry in public like this, everything that she said was true. He hugged her back, his arms resting along her tiny waist. Using one arm to her hair, he kissed the crown of her head, replacing the kiss that Kwangmin had given her not too long ago. Everything was going to fall back into place. “I’m here… I’m here, Seh Lyung. I’m not going to leave you anymore, I promise.”

                They stayed in that position for a long time, as it took Seh Lyung a long time to calm herself down. It wasn’t until Hyunseong came down that they realized they’ve been downstairs for over an hour. Hyunseong stopped short at the scene in front of him, but forced himself to intrude. “Guys, Kwangmin and me couldn’t keep it up. I think they know something’s going on, let’s go upstairs.”

                Seh Lyung reluctantly pulled herself away from Minwoo, a smile grazed softly on her lips, telling Hyunseong it was alright. “We should, I feel bad that I left Ji Eun-unnie and Se Young-sunbae.”

                Leaving the two boys, she floated up the stairs. As soon as she was gone, Hyunseong looked at Minwoo up and down. “Figured out your feelings?” he asked, lightly punching his arm.

                “Neh, hyung. I’m sorry for making you guys so mad at me.”

                “Well, you know me. I’m the squishy one, always easy to forgive.” The two laughed for a brief moment to ease some bad tension. But it didn’t stop Hyunseong from returning to a serious matter. “How are you going to end it with Ji Eun?”

                The hard part, he forgot about that. “I’m scared, hyung. Can you do it for me?”

                Patting the younger one’s head he said, “That’s something only you can do on your own, sorry dongseang-ah.”

                Everyone had left to walk each other’s dates’ home. Hyunseong was taking Se Young back to her Aunt’s apartment, while Kwangmin and Seh Lyung didn’t have to worry because they could both just go straight home. Minwoo had decided take the long way back to Ji Eun’s house, wanting to give himself more time to think things through. His arm was lazily weaved with Ji Eun’s, and his grip was nothing but slack. Oh, how he could just turn back the time. Everything would be so much easier. He knew for sure she didn’t want to hurt Ji Eun, and neither did everyone else in the Kim household, but it was unavoidable.

                “I had a great time, Minwoo.” Ji Eun said sweetly, the night sky blending in with her hair. She leaned in closer, hoping for a goodnight kiss.

                Forcing a smile, he backed up a bit. “I need to tell you something, Noona.”

                Her beam faltered, and it failed to keep up with the worried look in her eyes. She knew, she had finally caught on. “It’s about Seh Lyung, isn’t it?” her voice cracked slightly, as she let herself fall two steps back.

                There was no use in hiding things anymore. Defeated, Minwoo nodded. “I’m really sorry.”

                “But wasn’t she the girl?” she asked, trying to find some hope in the situation. “Why go back to a girl who hurt you?” this time she took four steps closer, as she looked up at his tense face. “She has her hands full with other guys; don’t make her situation and my situation more difficult!”

                It was more difficult that Ji Eun would ever know. “Listen, it’s just not going to work out.”

                “Bull!” It was the first time Ji Eun had ever cursed. The innocent queenka couldn’t take it. “No Minwoo, you may be younger than me, but you are the first guy to respect me. There are boys crawling all around the school who won’t understand and listen to me, whether its popularity or my looks, no one will be as sweet to me as you!”

                An overwhelming feeling bubbled up in Minwoo’s head. He suddenly felt woozy for thinking of himself as the Absolute Boyfriend. Of course, he was perfect, but he couldn’t satisfy everyone. His main priority was Seh Lyung. “I really got to go. I’m really sorry that it had to end this way. I hope we could be friends.”

                Ji Eun’s head was down, and she was fighting the urge to cry. “At least don’t leave me empty handed.” She choked out. She forced a smile and opened her arms, wanting one last hug.

                Minwoo smiled; at least they could end this on a good note. He held Ji Eun’s waist for a long hug; he knew she would want to savor the moment.

                But Ji Eun didn’t want to stop there. It was unplanned, as she wriggled her arms free and cupped Minwoo’s cheeks. She wanted to share one kiss with him. They had never kissed during their short-lived relationship, and she couldn’t leave without one. Forward, she forced her lips onto his and closed her eyes, pretending everything was fine.

                For some reason, Minwoo couldn’t let himself pull away. He felt his eyelids getting droopy, and his mind getting foggy. What was going on? He couldn’t leave the lethal spell that invaded his mind; it was like a raging headache.

                The faint ring of Seh Lyung’s voice echoed in his head. A line that had embedded in his mind since the day she had said it. “You’re still a pure boy, okay? Cheating is when you kiss another girl.”

                Beep… beep… beep.

                Ji Eun pulled away. “Minwoo?” she asked, waving her hand in front of his face, whose eyes looked glazed over. She yelped when Minwoo suddenly opened his eyes, grabbing her hand. “Minwoo, are you okay?”

                Minwoo turned his head to the side, bemused. “What is your name?”

                “My name?” and even what was supposed to be a sad moment in her life she couldn’t help but laugh. “You know my name, it’s Lee Ji Eun.”

                “What a pretty name.” he backed up a bit, and saluted.

                “Minwoo? What are you—”

                “I’m your boyfriend!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hoh dang. And just when you thought Minwoo and Seh Lyung would finally be happy again...

Anyways, speaking of Minwoo. I always thought he had the best English in Boyfriend... but I was wrong. At least, from the samples I've been getting since Boyfriend W Academy came out.

"Mini oranges." Episode 5 <--- You have to admit that was kind of cute.

"Yu likeu... fishu?" Episode 6 <--- My reaction was... well...

He said some other things but whatever. Damn, his super awesome accent in his songs totally gave me a good impression. Sigh. Why must I expect too much.

Lilmisschique: You'd really read my Jeongmin fic? I can't find any good ideas for a poster though or a title >.< wanna help me?

MiAmoure: Okay awesome! I'm sure Donghyun will pop up, I'm actually hand-writing something right now for chapter 38.

Ranvadew: You have a friend like Lee Freaking Se Young too? Ahah, but you must still love her if she's your friend. I put up with my godsister but she's nice, when she isn't boycrazy ahah~

Minkwang_: Oh Se Young, thank you!

minwoo: Okay no problem~

Youngmin4eva: See, this is why I never show my parents my report card or assignments etc. unless it's an A. And we'll be dead by 2013, don't 'cha know? Oh gosh, terrible joke. But wah, a 77.

Guys, past 30 chapters. Ahh. I originally thought I'd never get past 100 subscribers, but I'm so excitedddd!

Well everyone, I'm off to the Filipino store~

~Camille