Brother Dearest

Absolute Boyfriend

                When they promised not to leave her side, she didn’t know they would take it literally. If all four of them weren’t together, they’d take turns being with her. I guess it wasn’t that bad, in some aspect she had a cute bodyguard by her side all the time.

                Minwoo was leaning against the locker next to Seh Lyung’s, as she started to exchange her books for new ones. His cool-looking composure mismatched the cute smile he continued to flash in Seh Lyung’s direction. A few girls began to giggle at the sight of his face, and Minwoo nodded his head in politeness.

                Unfortunately, the girls took it as in invitation to approach him. “Hi Minwoo!” one girl said, leaning her face in.

                “Hello~” he said, revealing his pearly white teeth.                          

                Another girl went in and dove between Seh Lyung and Minwoo like a dolphin in an ocean. Seh Lyung stumbled a bit, and stuck her tongue at them, but she was left ignored. “Oppa, are you doing anything after school?”

                Minwoo gave the girl a confused look. “N-no.” he reached for Seh Lyung’s arm, and snatched the books from her hands. “We have to go.” And with a deafening slam of her locker, the two left.

                “What was your problem?” Seh Lyung asked, turning her head to check if the girls were still there.

                The brunette-haired boy bowed his head low as they walked on to their classroom. “Did I cheat on you, Seh Lyung?” and it sounded so earnest because his voice was way too sweet and innocent to be joking.

                She almost choked on her own saliva. “What!?”

                “They called me Oppa and asked me on a date.”

                “They asked you to hang out.”

                “Their body language implied a date.”

                Seh Lyung lightly patted Minwoo’s back as they entered their classroom. She felt another boyfriend, Donghyun, eye them suspiciously, but shoved the thought away as she continued to reassure Minwoo. “You’re still a pure boy, okay? Cheating is when you kiss another girl. Pretend this never happened.”

                “Neh, you’re so helpful.”

                She rolled her eyes, taking her seat. Donghyun (ahem, Teacher Kim) got up and passed out some papers. “Do you guys know what a pen pal is? I’ve asked to work with the upperclassmen to send letters to one another; it’ll help improve on your writing.” Off his shoulder he added, “It’s a major assessment.”

                It was obvious she’d get Jeongmin or Hyunseong. Seriously, was this just another ploy to get the boyfriends closer to her?

                Minwoo was the first one to get his letter placed on his desk. It was in a neat, white envelope. He quickly fumbled his fingers for the blue-lined paper, and scanned right through the text. “Yay! I got Hyunseong-hyung!”

                Youngmin ripped his envelope without a care. “I got Jeongmin-hyung.”

                Since Minwoo and Youngmin got good partners, Kwangmin was eager to open his. But then he was immediately turned off. “Who is this person?” he asked in disbelief, scanning the letter. Aww.

                Seh Lyung kept quiet; she wanted to know the same thing too. She wondered who the girl in her letter was:

                Dear Kim Seh Lyung hoobae,

                                Hello, my name is Lee Ji Eun! I hope we can be great friends, I’m really good in Korean grammar and I bet you are too so we’ll get a good grade. I believe you’re the professor’s daughter? Because that’s really cool, I bet you’re really smart, I’m looking forward to your reply. Why don’t you tell me about yourself? See you later!

                                                                                                                -Ji Eun                 

                The girl smiled a bit as she read her letter, bashful; she tucked a piece of black hair behind her ear. She looked over to Donghyun, who was busy passing out more letters. She had to thank him, now she could finally have a female friend.

                She quickly took out a sheet of stationary and quickly started writing on it.

                Dear Lee Ji Eun sunbae,

                                Hi, I hope we can be friends too. But no, I’m not the professor’s daughter, although I get confused a lot for it. But I suppose I’m smart, so we should make a good match. Tell you about myself? What is there to tell? I like to eat, I like to shop, typical girl things. What about you?

                                Oh, I know this is off topic, but you’re an upperclassmen, right? Do you by any chance know Shim Hyunseong or Lee Jeongmin? If so, are they doing okay?

                                I’m writing so much more than you, I feel bad. And I’m trying to keep it formal because it’s a school assignment. I’ll talk to you later!

                                                                                                                -Seh Lyung

                Youngmin casually asked, “Who’s your partner?”

                She shrugged. “Lee Ji Eun, I believe.”

                Scarily enough, Youngmin sat up and snatched the letter from her hands. “IU-noona!? You got her!? Are you serious! That is no fair, Teacher Kim, I want to exchange partners!”

                “No.” Donghyun replied flatly, not even giving the time of day to look up from his desk. He sure acted like a good teacher.

                The blond boy huffed, and slumped in his seat, crossing his arms. He stared longingly at Ji Eun’s letter, tracing the pencil-written words. “How can you just sit there, Seh Lyung? Knowing the prettiest girl in school is your partner!”

                The prettiest girl in school? Now she really wanted to know her. Seh Lyung gently took back the letter from Youngmin, and slipped it into her folder. “She sounds nice.” She said, trying to not make Youngmin explode if she said something wrong.

                “She’s more than nice,” Youngmin cooed, his eyes showing a dreamy mist. “She’s everything. She’s the most perfect girl in the world.”

                Of course, Minwoo just had to put his two cents in. But it wasn’t complimentary, as he suddenly got defensive. “In my opinion, Seh Lyung is the most perfect girl in the world.” He announced, loud enough for everyone in the room to hear.

                The mentioned girl blushed at the thought, and lightly shoved Minwoo, her hair covering her face. “Yah, shut up Minwoo.”

                Being the comforting boyfriend, Minwoo smiled down at her, and lightly pinched her cheek. “It’s true.”

                Sure, it made her feel better. Someone calling her the most perfect girl in the world, but it was difficult considering this was a first.

                Youngmin looked back and forth to Minwoo and Seh Lyung. “Are you sure you guys aren’t a couple?” he asked rudely, standing in-between them.

                Kwangmin finally lifted his head up, slightly innerved. “They’re not a couple,” he spat out, as if that was the worst thought Youngmin had ever voiced. “And you can’t deny that Seh Lyungie’s cute too.”

                Laughing, Youngmin was drawing circles on his notebook. “I didn’t say she wasn’t.” He eyed his brother, and almost winked. Gee, he was sure discreet about this. Kwangmin’s lips tugged down as he returned to writing his letter, trying to finish his assignment early. Youngmin turned to face Seh Lyung with a pout. “Did I offend you, Seh Lyungie? You’re cute too~”

                Awkwardly, she forced a smile and nodded.

                “Are we still coming to your house on the weekend?”

                “What?” She forgot about that.

                Youngmin began shaking her shoulders back and forth like some baby rattle. “Remember? We’re going to sleepover with the hyungs at your house!”

                “O-oh, yeah!” Seh Lyung tried to perk up, but it was just deflating. Taking care of more boys, great.

                “Would you like us to bring anything?” Youngmin asked, clearly excited. His grin was from ear to ear.

                She shrugged. “Whatever you want is fine.”

                “Can you bring the Pokémon? And the Halo you talked about?” Minwoo asked, turning his head to the side in a cute fashion.

                “You can just call them Pokémon and Halo, Minwoo.” Kwangmin said with a small smile. “And make sure you get yourself pajamas by then.”

                Seh Lyung’s eyebrows furrowed together. “What are you guys talking about, pajamas?”

                “Apparently Minwoo doesn’t own pajamas.” Kwangmin put his hands up in defense. “That’s all I know.”

                Seh Lyung scoffed, and pretended to not understand. But of course, she’d have to leave out the part that they almost always wear their school uniforms during the day, even when they charge at night. She got out of her seat and brought her pen pal letter to Donghyun’s desk.

                “Make sure it’s typed, MLA format.”  He said, crossing out some graded papers. “As lowerclassmen you should prove yourself and look diligent.”

                “It’s just a draft,” she reasoned. “And can we please go to the mall after school?”

                “Students will stare if you keep asking me stuff like this.”

                Hmph. He was always trying to send her away because if they talked so comfortably it would look weird. After a few seconds, an idea flourished in her brain. “But you’re my brother,” she said sneakily, putting her thoughts together. That wouldn’t be a problem if the students thought he was her brother, now she could talk to him all she wanted. “Kim Donghyun, Kim Seh Lyung.” Perfect, same last name.

                Donghyun looked up from his papers for half a second to smirk at her. “You’ve been being very shifty lately.” He surmised, leaning back in his plush chair. “Fine, Hyunseong and I will take you after school.”

                As if she was expecting it, Seh Lyung slowly turned around, where Minwoo was staring right at them, his bottom lip protruding adorably. She knew he heard, and obviously wanted to tag along.

                “Minwoo and the Jeongmin are going to clean the mess from the party last night.” The leader said simply. Seh Lyung was fine with that, the younger ones had much more energy and it could be tiring to bring them.

                Seh Lyung nodded. “Okay.”

~~~

Don't worry, I'm trying not to make some weird between Donghyun. Just a cover up for now from the students. Hmm, new character...

TEN CHAPTERSS.

Hehe, thanks for staying!

I was supposed to update sooner, but I was busy writing a letter to BOYFRIEND. I hope they read it!

~Camille