Short Lived

Absolute Boyfriend

Oh my gosh guys. Before I start crying and apologizing for what, a year now? 

I love you all. You guys were seriously the first group of commenters that I truly appriciated. You made me happy, you made me laugh, I felt so touched that you loved this story. Absolute Boyfriend will forever be my pride and joy, because this was the story that made me branch out and feel comfortable in the K-pop/fanfiction world. 

I'm sure you guys forgot all about this story and it's probably in the back of your minds ("what even happened in this story? It was so long ago, it doesn't matter.") But I think I'm going to try my best to wrap things up. It isn't a justified reason considering that I strayed so far away from this story so long ago and I lost all motivation to finish it. But I just don't want to leave this thing undone. I think I'm going to wrap it up with a chapter or two, even if you guys have gotten disinterested in it after so long I just can't leave this story forever incomplete. At least I'll be able to fully say that this story has come to a close. 

Check it guys, over one hundred subscribers yet over 300 comments. Not many fics have that honor, thanks to you . You guys were so friendly and talkative. Thank you, I'm sorry that you probably didn't get the ending you wanted, I'm sorry that you've missed me. If anyone still wants to talk and tell me what I've done wrong or what you want to see from this as I struggle to complete this please don't hesitate to talk to me. 

Now I must admit Boyfriend hasn't been on my mind lately, and my SATs are June 1st so please be patient if you're one of the few that still want to see this end.

But if you scrolled down this whole thing because it was too long to read, I'll just reiterate in short:

Thank you. I love you. Thank you for talking to me throughout the Absolute Boyfriend journey, you guys are seriously my pride and joy. 

~sendohime


“Seh Lyung will be meeting you at this address, make sure you’re there at least an hour before.” Donghyun held up a light green sticky note, placing it on Youngmin’s forehead. “Try to keep her there as long as possible.”

“But… why me?” The blond boy pointed to himself as he removed the paper from his hair. “Maybe you should’ve taken into consideration that I might’ve been busy this weekend?” he inquired, his eyebrows rising all the way to his bangs.

“Would you ever miss an opportunity to be with Seh Lyung alone?” Jeongmin asked, giving an intense stare.

“No?”

It was then Hyunseong’s turn to step up to the plate. “And in the event so, do you happen to have any plans this weekend than the one afore mentioned?”

Youngmin gulped, and even though he was taller he felt like he was shrinking with the hyungs ganging up on him. “I guess not.”

“Good, then it’s all settled.” Donghyun smiled sweetly in a way too sweet that it was mocking.

“Geez, why are you guys so intense about this?” Youngmin rubbed his neck awkwardly. He scrambled to his feet, leaning against the doorframe.

“We’ve been planning this since we’ve been created.” Hyunseong responded diligently.

“And just how do you expect me to get to Seh Lyung if her door’s been locked for the past two days?” Youngmin instantly regretted his words and bit his tongue, his head lowering down. He shouldn’t have said that! Not wanting to watch their faces fall, he excused himself and shut the door behind him.

Without stopping he ran into the nearest wall and banged his head three times, one for each hyung. “Too bad that didn’t hurt.” He muttered to himself, a small grin spreading across his features.  But he wished things weren’t this way.  With stiff joints, he robotically walked across the hallway to Seh Lyung’s room. He detected a second presence as he clenched his fist, knocking on the girl’s door. “Hey Kwangmin.”

“You’re really going to try getting Seh Lyung out?” 

"Yeah, you wanna help?"

His brother shrugged. "I guess." they crossed a few hallways and they were met with the front door of Seh Lyung's room. But today that white door looked ten times more intimidating than normal, was that even possible?

Kwangmin knocked. "Seh Lyungie! C'mon, it's not healthy to lock yourself up."

No answer.

Youngmin wriggled furiously on the silver-stained doorknob. "Seh Lyung, I know you're upset about the move and all now that you've found out," he cringed himself at the thought of saying it out loud. "But really, wouldn't it be better to spend your last day with us?"

His twin sighed, leaning against the doorframe like a kicked puppy. "Is this really happening?"

"Do you think hyungnim would be mad?"

"Excuse me?"

And all of a sudden, Youngmin rammed his elbow into the front door, effectively knocking the door down. Kwangmin came down with it because he was leaning against the doorframe, and fell with a thud. Youngmin puffed his chest out, proud of his robot strength as he walked in. He met eyes with Seh Lyung, who had a shocked expression as she stood pin straight against her vanity.

"Did you just break open my door," she stated more than questioned.

Youngmin sheepishly looked down. "Maybe?"

She sighed, setting her brush down. "It doesn't matter anyway."

Kwangmin frowned, noticing the room was bare. Too bare, all her pretty posters and picture frames were missing from the walls, and her bed was stripped clean of her cute heart bedsheets. "Wow," he gave a low whistle. "You sure pack fast."

"It wasn't me." she frowned. "I think my mom did it. Everything was fine until I fell asleep, once I woke up all my stuff happened to dissapear. Probably in my mom's van."

"You're not yourself."

"Well how can I be!?" she snapped on impulse, causing the two brothers to flinch. She pinched the bridge of her nose, upset at herself for letting her emotions take over. She looked at the two, suddenly feeling guilt wash over. "I'm sorry, it's just... how can anyone act normal when you're stripped of your home? I've grown too attached to this place. It was a mistake."

It was a mistake.

The tense atmosphere and everything Kwangmin surpressed all this time was bubbling to the surface. Retorting to her harsh words he shot back, "So, then it was my mistake for me to fall in love with you?"

Seh Lyung's eyes widened, realizing what she had just done. She mentally searched for help, looking towards Youngmin who was just as confused as she. Everything was getting to their heads, everything was moving so fast. "I didn't mean it like that," she reasoned in a small voice.

Kwangmin's facial features softened, because just her they didn't want to start a fight on such an important day. "I know, I'm being stupid. I'm sorry."

The girl sighed, her eyes scanning the now white room. She felt like she was traveling through hell and back. She was so happy to live here, she thought that she could cruise the rest of high school in peace. She thought that the burden of divorced parents could be temporarily held back. But in exchange she got an emotional roller coaster. She had six boyfriends who didn nothing but dote on her. They annoyed her, followed her around like baby ducks, and would be super protective.

And she loved it.

Youngmin coughed, almost forgotten, and reached for Seh Lyung's hand. "C'mon, we have a long day ahead of us."

The two twins took her around town. For the moment she was distracted, and she had no worries. No moving, no leaving, just here. With Youngmin and Kwangmin. Wedged in between the two she was swept in several places, the bubble tea shop, the toy store, and taking free samples from the food stands.

"I'll miss this." she muttered, throwing away her empty tea cup.

"Hey, stop being so negative." Youngmin said, cupping her chin to fully face her. "You're ruining the mood."

She giggled, swatting his hand away. Leave it to him to make her change her mood just like that. "I don't know why but I'm actually kind of happy you broke into my door this morning."

"No need for thanks." he winked.

They were walking down a long winded road, in the direction of their house. Kwangmin checked his watch, "Wow, is it really this late?"

Seh Lyung glowered, noticing the setting sun. The purple hues mixing with the orange undertones of the sun looked bittersweet. They were leaving tonight. All of a sudden she clasped the two boys' hands on either side, not caring if anyone noticed. Who would care if it appeared that she had two boyfriends (six in reality) it would probably be the last time they'd ever get to hold hands. She gripped on Youngmin and Kwangmin's hands tightly as if her life depended on it.

Forcing a smile to the two she said, "I'm ready to go home."

 

 

"Surprise! Happy birthday!"

Seh Lyung squealed, abruptly letting go of the two hands she was holding. Tightly grasping her chest to check if she was still breathing, she felt a warm bubbly feeling resurface. A strong reminder of why she loved her home. A strong memory of a surprise party that seemed like yesterday. Another party for her. Planned by her boyfriends.

And probably the last party they would throw for her for a very, very long time.

Pushing the sad feeling back, she threw her arms around Hyunseong, who was the first one by the door. "Is this for me?" she asked, breathless.

"Of course it's for you!" Hyunseong replied, tapping her nose. "Who else would we throw a party for?"

Everyone looked so happy, even K.Will and her mother who were in the corner of the room, throwing her happy smiles. It was as if the move wasn't happening tonight. She was silently thankful that her Mother was bearing it for her, and not putting a scene. Whatever K.Will said to her to shut her up for the night, it worked.

"We spent the whole day decorating!" MInwoo cheered, gesturing upwards to the banister which was completely wrapped in blue and pink streamers.

"Think of it as a moving away and birthday party." Jeongmin clarified, flashing her a toothy grin. "We had to end this with a bang, didn't we?"

Indeed they did. The rest of the night was spent with dorky dancing and feeding eachother cake. She felt like an angel on cloud nine, because she was never this spoiled before. The boyfriends were surely going all out. She thought that this night was something infinite because there was no interruptions or any reminders that she wasn't going to sleep here tonight.

But she had to bring the subject up. "Why can't you move with me?" she asked Donghyun, even though it was selfish of her she deserved a bit of hope.

Donghyun smiled wistfully at her. "If only things were that simple. But what if your mother discovers us? Wouldn't it be strange that we followed you? We wouldn't want her to find out anything, and as much as we want to stay with you are place is here with hyungnim."

Their place wasn't with Seh Lyung anymore. They were designed for her though, weren't they? So much has changed from when they were fabricated into capsules by her Uncle. It felt like a breakup, but at the same time it was an opening for new beginnings.

The boy in front of her sensed her distress and reached for her hand. "This isn't a goodbye, we'll meet someday."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

She paused, and her lips. Her eyes trailed over to the open door, where her uncle and mother were probably putting the luggage in her car. She swallowed, feeling like paper and her saliva thick. The party was at a stalemate, she noticed, and she felt six pairs of eyes on her.

Hyunseong was the first to speak up, breaking the silence with an awkward cough. He fished in his pocket, taking out a red velvet box. He felt a confidence boost when he noticed how excited she got by seeing the gift in his hand. "Now now, don't get too happy. It's just the packaging, you haven't even seen what's inside."

She didn't have to because she would love anything from them. "Thank you." she whispered when he slipped the necklace out of the box and clasped it around her neck. Her fingers reached for the smooth crystal of the pink heart charm.

"When you look at it, think of us." he said shyly, pressing a soft kiss to her hairline.

Jeongmin furtively stepped forward, twitching. It was unlike him, and for the first time in his short life he had to force a smile of reassurance. "I know that you'll miss my beautiful face and all, but don't miss me too much. I'll find you." he bit his lip, trying to keep his cool. "Aw, darn it!." he flung his arms around Seh Lyung, inhaling her scent. "But I'm going to miss you, so much."

Feeling the tears pricking, she blinked them away and ruffled his curly caramel locks one final time. "I'll miss you too." She kissed his cheek.

She felt a strong grip from behind and didn't even have to guess who was backhugging her. "Study hard and don't miss your meals." she heard Donghyun say protectively, spinning her around to peck her forehead. "Do you hear me?" he smiled delicately.

"Yes oppa." she replied, trying not to frown when she felt his arms relinquish their grip on her.

Youngmin didn't bother hesitating as he glided forward and pressed his forehead to hers, their lips almost touching. "I'll always be yours." he said simply.

"And you guys are mine." she breathed out, relishing the moment. 

Not soon after Minwoo appeared and attacked her in a bone crushing hug. "I want you to know that you're the most beautiful girl in the world and no one could ever replace that. I'll think about you every day."

She blushed, clasping her fingers around his slim waist. "You'll always be on my mind." she flashed Minwoo a smile before turning her head to face Kwangmin.

"Dammit." Kwangmin sighed, blowing at his bangs. He was at a loss for words, so he settled for grabbing her hand. Seh Lyung didn't even want to mention the fact that he was gripping her hand way too tightly. She noticed the sparkle in his eyes, and it was an indication that he didn't feel like being strong anymore. He was crying. 

And with that, Seh Lyung felt like crying too. 

"I just want you all to know," She felt the tears flowing down her cheeks shamelessly, because she needed to tell them something that was long overdue. She tried to smile, and the six sent her one, even if it was forced, even if it was sad. 

"I want you to know that I love you too."