C42

Parallel Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

                Christmas Eve came around and I hadn’t heard from anyone, apart from Sehun of course but even he hadn’t heard from anyone, we weren’t that bothered though. The house was beautifully decorated already, and we both sat on the sofa in the living room with my brother Jimin, watching sappy Christmas films and eating Christmas junk food.

Jimin stifled a yawn as he stretched out, “That’s it, I’m done,” he pushed the box of mince pies off to Sehun, “Good night guys!”

“Good night,” Sehun ruffled his hair,

I hugged Jimin tightly, “See you bright and early tomorrow!”

“Of course,” Jimin snorted, “Good night!” he ran off upstairs,

Sehun stretched and stifled his own yawn, before he wrapped an arm around my shoulder and rested his head on top of mine, “I wonder what we’ll do for New Year’s,”

“It’s hard to say,” I told him, “It varies,”

This time he yawned, loudly, “Good god, I’m tired,”

“Come on then,” I moved off the sofa, turning the TV off before grabbing his hand and smiling at the fact he hadn’t taken his watch off since he opened it and pulled him upstairs and towards his room,

“Why does Christmas always tire you out so much?” He asked sleepily,

I shrugged, “I think it’s the excitement,” I opened his room door, I hugged him tightly and sighed, “Thank you for everything Sehun,”

“I’ve given you nothing,” he said as he wrapped his long arms around me, “Thank you for being in my life,”

I laughed at him, “Alright, go to sleep, we can enjoy opening more presents and Christmas dinner tomorrow,”

He pulled away and kissed me on the forehead before my hair, “Of course, sleep well Sara,”

                After saying goodnight to Sehun, I went back to my own room, shutting the door and locking it so my brother Jimin wouldn’t wake me up like he did last year which involved a giant air horn and a jug of eggnog which you would be surprised at how hard it was to get out of your hair.

I slipped my slippers off before I moved towards the bed but a soft knock sent shivers down my spine, because it was coming from the balcony, I moved towards it and opened the curtains, scaring both me and the figure on the other side.

I rolled my eyes as I opened the balcony doors, pulling him inside and shutting it quickly before locking it and drawing the curtains back over it, I turned to look at him, “Luhan what are you doing? It’s late,”

He rubbed his hands together and smiled, “I know but it’s Christmas Eve,”

“That’s my point,” I frowned,

He took his shoes off and set them by the balcony door before shrugging out of both his jacket and the MCM bag I had bought him before he began removing his trousers.

I stared at him wide-eyed and in shock before I spun around, “L-Luhan what are you doing?”

“Ah don’t worry,” he laughed as he turned me back around to face him, “I wore layers,”

I looked at his hand and smiled, taking it and looking at the ring on his finger, “So you like it?”

“I love it,” He held my hand with his cold one, “It’s perfect Sara,”

I smiled gently, “I’m glad, but again… why are you here?”

“Mmm,” He grabbed his bag from the floor and chucked it so it was down the one side of my bed before he released my hand and grabbed me by my waist, lifting me up, “We’re spending Christmas Eve together,” he set me down on the bed,

I blushed and blinked up at him, “Why?”

“Why not?” he forced me under the quilt before he moved to the other side and got in, “I’ll leave early don’t worry, no one will notice I’m gone,”

I raised an eyebrow, “But…”

“No buts,” he put his finger to my lips before he moved to grab his bag, “God I’m cold,” he shivered lightly,

I rolled my eyes as I moved closer, pulling the blanket up further, “You’re a glutton for punishment do you know that?”

“If it’s from you then I don’t mind,” He smirked before he opened the bag and pulled out a neatly wrapped gift, “It’s for you,”

“Luhan I didn’t want anything,” I told him as I took it from him,

He reached out and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear before he placed his cold hand to my cheek, “Neither did I,”

I rolled my eyes, “Thank you,”

“Open it Sara,” He told me,

                I opened the box and blinked at it, the first gift was a small heart shaped silver pendant, inscribed with the words ‘He who holds the key can unlock my heart,’ behind the pendant was a small silver plate with the letter L inscribed on it.

I frowned, “The key?” I looked up at Luhan to find that he was holding a chain that was hanging around his necklace, a small key pendant hanging it from it, with a silver plate with the letter S inscribed on it,

He smiled, “Well… I know we’re not together but that doesn’t mean it’s not true,”

I smiled at him, “You’re right,”

                The next thing which he took from me and my hand, was a gold Cartier love ring, he slid it on my ring finger, on the inside of it, it said L and S.

He pushed it all the way up and then looked at me with a serious expression, “I know that we can’t be together, but it doesn’t stop me from being utterly in love with you Sara, and it doesn’t mean we can’t still be close,”

I swallowed the lump forming in my throat and looked down at the ring, “Luhan… it’s beautiful,”

“If anyone asks you can just say it was from your dad,” he laughed, “But I know that it means we’re connected, we’re not parallel lines Sara, don’t forget it,”

I smiled, “Thank you,”

“Oh!” he grabbed something from his bag, moving to hide it behind his back as he let the bag drop to the floor, “One last gift, close your eyes,”

I rolled my eyes and then closed them; a few seconds went by before he told me to open them again. His arm was extended above us, and in his hand was mistle toe, and I had to give it to him for thinkin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter