C18

Parallel Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                At school on Monday I was highly aware that Luhan was following me around a lot more than he should have been. Usually we kept away from each other unless he was with one of the others, but now it was as if every corner I turned he’d be there.

So when I sat in my usual English lesson, instead of sitting in the empty space in front of me, he was sat in the empty seat next to me. Our English lesson was the only classroom to have double tables where you could sit right next to someone, because the school preferred it if all students would pair up and practice speaking English to one another.

I turned to look at him with a raised eyebrow, “Why are you sat here?”

“To sit next to you,” He answered with a genuine heart throbbing smile,

I felt my heart jump in my chest, “O-Oh right,”

“We’re watching a DVD today,” He informed me,

I frowned, “Why is that important?”

“It is,” He chuckled, “You’ll see,”

                The teacher started the lesson and pulled in the TV, along with the DVD player, when he shut the lights off, Luhan took it upon himself to tug at my sleeve just below my elbow, forcing my arm off the table and to hang loosely by my side – but to my surprise, he laced his fingers through mine and rested it on his leg, a smile evident on his face.

‘So that’s why,’

                I couldn’t help but feel my heart race at the slight action, after a while he scooted his chair closer and began rubbing my hand with his thumb affectionately, it was a small action but it was everything.

                He brought his other hand to mine, encasing my small hand with both of his larger ones; it was as if he couldn’t touch me enough.

‘Why is he suddenly so affectionate now?’

Luhan leaned closer to me, to whisper softly enough so that only I could hear it, “I give up,”

“Give up what?” I whispered back to him,

He stifled a laugh, “With staying away, I want to be with you,”

I blushed and felt my heart jump in my chest, “R-Really?”

He nodded subtly, “For our eyes only, no one needs to know,”

“You… You really mean it?” I asked again, “You’re not messing with me right?”

He smiled, “Do I look like I’m messing around?” he gave my hand a reassuring squeeze,

“Luhan…” I whispered his name gently,

He sighed, “Don’t say my name like that, it makes me want to do ungodly things to you,”

“What are you saying right now?” I scolded silently, “You’re such a ert,”

He chuckled softly, “You’re so cute,”

                We spent the entire lesson with our hands interlaced with one another under the desk subtly, but the minute the teacher moved towards the lights, he released my hand gently giving me a reassuring smile.

~

                At lunch it was the same, he sat next to me, although that wasn’t unusual for anyone else at our table, it was very unusual for me and when I was done eating, he took my hand under the table where no one else could see it.

“So I was thinking at some point we could all hang out,” Lay suddenly piped up, “Not on the race track or the Garage, but maybe something people our age normally do?”

Xiumin raised an eyebrow, “Like what?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter