Too Much

Turning Tables
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Chanyeol Pov –

I sit in the ice cream shop with what feels like the weight of the world on my shoulders, my heart feeling like its being scratched at every moment I let a thought creep in. I shove another spoonful of ice cream into my mouth, letting the brain freeze settle in so then it’s all I think about.

I watch as Baekhyun grabs my hand, making the spoon clatter down into the bowl “You shouldn’t eat like that you will get really bad brain freeze!”

“That is the point, it helps me forget” I stare down at my now half empty bowl, the ice cream seems to fill the hole that was left behind by my mother’s condition. I know it’s not her fault, but now all I have is Baekhyun.

Baekhyun can be enough, he can be the only thing I need if I try hard enough.

“Well it’s hard to watch” He grabs my spoon and takes a little bit of the ice cream out of the bowl, placing it gently inside off my mouth “Now baby, it’s okay…”

As I swallow the ice cream I feel tears roll down my cheeks. I place my head inside of my hands, covering my face as I let out tears, my mouth open in silent agony. I feel Baekhyun rub my back, he begins to whisper soothing words to me, probably hoping I will calm down.

“Chanyeol it is ok, you have to grieve and I can imagine how hard it is for you to cope right now” He begins to shower my neck in kisses “But I will never stop loving you, no matter what happens to you or me”

“I love you too Baekhyun, I don’t know what the hell I would do without you” I embrace him tightly, my arms probably crushing him to my body. I can feel his warmth, maybe even his love.

-v-

I am holding Baekhyun’s hand way too tight, but it helps me forget. I will apologise for hurting his hand later, but for now he doesn’t seem to mind. His heat is so comforting, it makes my soul melt to the point where if I wanted to I could forget everything, temporarily.

Right now my head is on his shoulder, making it difficult for both of us to walk, but easier for us to cope.  But then suddenly the sounds of two male voices come into my hearing range, both loud and aggressive.

What is going on?

I look around to find the source of the noise, seeing two boys around our age emerging from round a corner. I feel Baekhyun turn hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter