Blossoming

Turning Tables
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol POV

The sun strides onto my face, I sigh as I put my pillow over head.The thought of school saddens me as I sit up and I put my hand through my hair, but I smile.

Knowing I'll see Baekhyun makes everything seem at ease.

I move the sheets from my body and put my uniform on. I gently comb my hair through and go into the kitchen to get my breakfast. I impatiently tap my fingers on the fridge as my eyes search for... something.

I reach forward to grab the only think I could find. 

"Yogurt....great." I slam the fridge in frustration and take a seat by the counter.

My body freezes as I see my father walks into the kitchen, I turn to stare down at my yogurt and take tiny spoonfuls - the creamy sensation calmed me as I trembled.

His voice caused me to jump "Clean up after yourself... disgusting pig..." His words cut me open like a knife, but I wasn't bleeding. I get off the counter and clean my spoon before throwing the pot into the bin. 

I slowly go up the stairs, into the bathroom and I lock the door behind me. I grab my toothbrush, finally letting the tears go down my face as I began to brush my teeth - the minty taste making me cough a little as I look at the floor.

Things aren't going to get better are they?

I run the cold water and spit my toothpaste out, I cup some water and throw it up into my face. I try to put a smile on my lips, but it's obvious that it's fake. I bite my lip and run down the stairs, I put on my shoes and quickly exit the door. Relief starts spreading through my body as I quickly walk to school. I slowed down as the gates come into view - keeping my head down as pass through them.

As I try to avoid the crowd, I hear Baekhyun shout my name from behind me.

"Chanyeol!"

My face flusters as I watch him running towards me. He giggles as he gives me a warm, bear hug. I'm aware of the eyes upon us as I hug him back.

"Baekhyun...everyone is staring..." I move my eyes around with my face hidden in his shoulder as I murmur the words loud enough for only him to hear.

"Let them look, I'm comfortable holding you like this..."

Butterflies flutter around my stomach as I smile a little, I inhale his sweet sent of sugar and honey. A cold gust of air hits us and I shiver uncontrollably, grasping his blazer. He notices and gasps, he pushes me away lightly and the icy wind pierces my skin.

"Lets go inside..." He whispers gently into my ear.

He grips my hand and pulls me into our next class, everyone stares at us and I quickly pull my hand away from Baekhyun's. My cheeks shift to bright red a second time. I take my seat as the teacher scowls at me.

"And where have you two been?!" He bellowed.

Silence surrounded around us, but Baekhyun spoke up.

"I was talking to him sir...sorry we're late..."

I glanced over to Baekhyun sympathetically and gave him a warming smile. I rest my head on my hands desk and stare at the board as the teacher lectures us on the importance of coming in early. Sehun slowly turns to me and plays with my hair, I knock his hand away.

"Stop it! You're going to get me In trouble!"

"You've never stopped me before." Sehun sticks his tongue out and giggles as he gives me a kind smile.

I can't help but laugh too as I cover my mouth. I try to hold back my laughter, but it only makes me laugh more.

Sigh

We begin to start our maths problems and I chew my pen lid as all the questions seem to scramble themselves. I frown as I dont get what I'm doing. Sehun turns to me again and sighs a little as he grabs my book and whispers.

"You owe me for this..."  He laughs.

I dont understand at first but as he turns back around with my book and his in my place, I see him writing the answers.

I stare out the window and the bell goes.

Sigh

Sehun winks at me and runs out of the room. I keep my head down and make my way out, but someone grabs my shoulder whilst tugging on me a little. It's Baekhyun.

"Are you okay?" He gently asks as we walk out to our next lesson.

"Mhm...I'm...fine...thanks fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter