Chapter Seven

Just Rumors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DOUBLE UPDATE~ GO BACK ONE CHAPTER PLEASE~ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Lay and I tired out from running, we went into a convenient store to eat some ramen to warm ourselves up. It was the typical silence that was floating in the air. The comfortable one. When my ramen was ready I opened the lid and scarfed down a bite immediately. I started fanning my mouth and coughed since it was still burning hot. Lay handed me some water that he bought and I chugged at least a quarter of it. 

"You okay now?" he asked. 

"Yes. Thank you." I answered.

"Ah... It was a nice exercise..." Lay sighed. 

"Running under heavy rain is considered an exercise?" I chuckled. 

"Why not?" he smiled. 

I laughed at him. His face was so blank and dazed. I wondered what is he thinking about. I looked at him for a few more seconds before he spoke up. 

"You know Soomi, I've been wondering about something..." he paused, "Are you finally accepting me as your friend because I saved you or is it because of something else?" 

I turned my gaze at my ramen. I have never thought of that when I decided to invite him to spend the afternoon with me. "That's... A very good question..." I said with a lower voice. 

He turned to me and watched me as I play with my noodles. 

"It's fine if you don't want to answer. I understand that we've still barely know each other and you don't trust me completely yet. So are you done eating? Because we should go now." he said as he changed the subject. 

He stood up and cleared the trash from the table. 

"Wait Yixing. I need more time to think about that. I'll answer your question when I find the answer." I said. 

"So it's Yixing now and not Lay?" he joked. 

"Oh. Sorry Lay. I was too-" 

"It's fine. I don't mind what you call me. You can even call me Bob and I won't mind." he said. 

"Alright then Bob." I laughed. 

"Are you seriously going to call me Bob now? Okay then I'll call you Soup if you don't mind." he said as he left the store leaving me wondering why he called me Soup. 

I hurried to him when I realized that he walked quite a distance already. 

"Hey! I'm not a bowl of Soup you know!" I complained. 

"I know. I just felt like it." he laughed. 

The rain had stopped by now and I was feeling giddy as I walked beside him. 

"You seem really happy right now. It almost seems like you're a different person than the one I met in school." Lay remarked. 

"I look like I'm happy?" I widen my eyes. 

"Yeah. Why are you asking?" 

"I shouldn't be happy..." I muttered. 

"What? Why can't you be happy?" he asked. 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter