Chapter One

Just Rumors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the first day of school. My first day at that school was in the middle of the year. Some may worry so much about transferring, but I got used to it already. Every year I'm being transferred to different schools all over the country because of my parents. They are business people and they always have many clients all over the country. The longest time I've ever stayed at one same school was a little more than six months. I didn't used to transfer schools at all when I was living with my grandmother in a small town until she passed away and I was forced to follow everywhere my parents went. Since then, I've always been lonely at school. I've always been an outcast. Everybody had their own little group of friends formed and I was alone. I've given up on making friends since I was sure that I will leave them and leave them feeling betrayed as well. I used to keep contacts with my earlier friends, but they've forgotten about me after a short time. 

So now, it's my first day of school again and I am wearing my millionth uniform. My parents always tells me that schools are very social and they tell me to make friends this time. So I step out of the new house, I mean, my new house and walked towards the bus stop to get to the so called social place. When the bus arrived, I stepped in and found no seats, so I stood by the side and held the handle. The bus started moving towards my destination, but it suddenly jerk to a sudden stop. When I thought we were going to move again, a bunch of students wearing similar uniform hop on the ride. Because of that, the bus is now completely full and there is almost no space to even move. On top of that, it was a guy that was squeezed to my side. I was uncomfortable and tried to move away, but it was impossible. I think he noticed who he was stuck with, because his face became suddenly red. 

"Sorry." he simply said and looked away. 

It wasn't until a few minutes later that we finally separated from each other and headed out of the bus. I was about to ask him if he could guide me in the school since he was wearing the guy version of my uniform, but he was very far in the distance already. I looked around and got to the school by myself. 

After getting everything that was necessary, I went to my classroom with my new homeroom teacher by my side. When I entered the class, the students were throwing paper airplanes everywhere and chatting with each other loudly. My new teacher seemed really strict since she used her books to slap the table loudly to get their attention. The students quickly regain their seats. The class president signaled them to bow and they did so all together to the teacher. Satisfied, my teacher started presenting me. 

"Class, we have a new student in this homeroom that will be joining us for the rest of the year. Now present yourself." she told me. 

"Name is Park Soomi. I come from a small town in the mountains. I might not stay in this school for long, so don't bother approaching me." I said and headed to the first empty seat that I could find. I took out my books and waited for the teacher to recover from my straight forward and quick presentation. 

It wasn't until after class that I felt that I was already treated like an outcast. I was walking in the hallway trying to find my locker as I over heard a few whispers. 

"I can't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter