Chapter Eighteen

Just Rumors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up to a noisy alarm in the morning and I looked around me confused. The window is on the left side instead of right, a small and black night stand next to my bed and a three big bags at the end of my bed. Chenny slept on the big pile of soft sheets in the corner and that's when I remembered that I moved out of the house and I was at Suyeong's place. 

I lazily sat up to check the day's weather on my phone and I was greeted with a million missed calls from my parents and a bunch of texts demanding to know where I was and what I was doing to spend the night out. What great parents. They only worry for me when I disappear. I should have left a note in my room saying I'm moving out, but it isn't worth it. Why should I tell my parents all the decisions I make? 

"ROOMIE! Are you up yet?" Suyeong yelled through the door. 

"Yeah! I'll be out in a sec!" I said as I threw the covers off me. 

I took me a total of ten minutes and I was already done dressing up for school. When I arrived at the kitchen of the apartment Suyeong was surprised to see me. 

"Woah. You're a fast dresser, but are you sure you're not going to wear an autumn coat? It's pretty cold outside compared to yesterday." She commented while placing half burnt pancakes on the table. "Yeah... I'm not that good of a cooker... Hope you won't die." She said. 

"I'll get my coat later. Why don't you let me do the cooking instead?" I said looking at the pancakes. 

"It's all yours!" She beamed as she threw the apron around my neck. 

The doorbell rang and Suyeong left saying that she'll get it. I took a look at the kitchen that was quite messy thanks to Suyeong's attempt at making pancakes. I shook my head and started making more batter when two familiar male voices entered the kitchen. 

Chen asked something around "What are you cooking?" and stuffed the half burnt pancakes in his mouth without noticing the black under it. Suyeong looked at him expectantly and Chen smiled bitterly. 

"You made them didn't you? I can taste it from the burned parts." Chen said. 

Suyeong frowned at him and he quickly hugged her. 

"Don't worry! I'll teach you my special pancake recipe once you learn how to not burn things every time you're in the kitchen." He comforted her. 

"Need any help?" Lay said as he passed by the couple and walked to me. 

"Help to feel comfortable around them? Totally." I exhaled loudly. 

"Haha sure. How 'bout the batter?" He chuckled. 

"I think I'm going to go crazy if I'm going to cook three times a day in this apartment. Yes please." I sighed. "And why are you here in the morning?" I asked as I the heat. 

"Well Chen usually comes here to see Suyeong and I though 'Why don't I be the comforting third wheeler's friend?'" He smiled. 

"Gosh I hope you come everyday cause I'm sure he's going to be here every single day." I pointed the spatula at Chen. 

"Alright. Third wheeler buddies." He gave a thumbs up and we made the pancakes together. 

When we were done making and eating the pancakes (they were delicious thanks to Lay), everyone were putting on their coats preparing to leave reminding me that I had to find my own. 

"I'll be back in a sec, gotta get my coat." I announced and headed to the three bags. 

I saw that Chenny was still sleeping in the corner and I decided to give her a scoop of food in advance. After that, I flipped through my things in search of a coat I could wear. *Don't tell me I forgot to pack that!* I though as I searched my second bag while throwing my clothes randomly everywhere. 

"Soomi! Did you find your coat yet?" I heard Suyeong yell. 

"Sorry! I think I forgot to pack it!" I said as I bowed to them. 

"Oh then take my other coat. I barely wear it and you can keep it." She offered and she went into her room before I could refuse. 

She brought out a wrinkled burgundy colored coat that reached the half of my thigh. 

"Hope you don't mind the wrinkles. I'll help you fix it when we come back tonight. Now we gotta go before were late!" She exclaimed and we were all out the door. 

The couple went in another direction since Chen was bringing Suyeong to her school and I was struggling a little with the coat that was slightly big. 

"Are you going to be warm enough with that?" Lay asked. 

"Yes I am. I'll have to repay Suyeong in some way for giving me this. It's so nice of her." I smile. 

"Oh and I want to know something." He said and I titled my head at him. "Do I have to... Act like I don't know you at school? Cause I remember you said it would burden you if I act like I know you." 

"Hmm... Yes please. It's only been a few days since you know me and it has already cause many problems." I quietly said thinking that if I said it quietly, he would understand me. 

I shocked myself when I just realize that we've been friends for only five days and I've been seeing him everyday. Is it just a coincidence? I must be weird. What's so wrong with getting close to someone that quickly? I quickly put the thought away. 

"What kind of problems? I'll help you fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter