Chapter Sixteen

Just Rumors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Water!" I chocked out.

"There's none- excuse me can I have the whole pitcher of water here?" Lay yelled out at the waiters.

"I underestimated this soup." I bitterly said as I fanned my mouth.

"I'm not better than you. I can't take spicy." Lay shivered at his thought.

"You wanna try?" I said through my clenched teeth.

"No thank you Soup." He said without hesitation and took a sip of his own non-spicy soup.

I stared at my soup whether I should take a risk and drink it a little more. The waiter finally arrived at our table with a pitcher of water and I hesitated no more and drunk the whole bowl. I rather suffer immensely once than a little for a very long time. My throat burned and I coughed a little since the spiciness was too strong.

"Woah woah. Calm down. You'll kill your throat like that." Lay said as he passed me a cup of water he poured.

A few tears slid down my face as I drunk the water.

"He-hey, don't cry." He tried reaching my face.

"How can I not cry when I ate something this spicy?" I said with a shaky voice and went for the pitcher since pouring a cup of water would take too much time. "These are not real tears though. Just spicy tears." I said once I put down the pitcher that was almost already empty.

"Are you done eating yet?" I asked him.

"Mhm. Soon." He said eating the vegetable in his soup.

"Good cause I want some dessert." I my lips at the thought of eating sweets.

"What do you want for dessert Soup?" He asked, finishing up his meal.

"Are you proposing soup as dessert or calling me Soup?" I frowned as I heard my nickname.

"I don't know." He shrugged with a sly smile. "Since we had something hot for lunch, how 'bout something cold?"

"Ice cream?" I beamed at him.

"Mhm." He mumbled.

"Yes! Bob is buying me ice cream!" I celebrated.

Once we -he- finished lunch, we went to the ice cream parlor next door. The place was nearly empty since it was mid fall. We headed to the counter and started at the sign with all the ice cream flavored that existed.

"Wasabi flavored ice cream?!" I gasped as I stared at the sign. "I never knew that existed..."

"Want to try it? Apparently it's sweet at first but then the after taste is wasabi." Lay commented.

"I've had enough spicy for one day." I shivered at the thought of the soup. "I'll go with Oreo flavored ice cream." I pointed.

"Okay. Go take a seat. I'll order." Lay said.

I chose a table and waited like an excited child. It's been a while since I ate ice cream. I watched Lay as he gave the cashier his card. I suddenly felt bad for Lay. I made him pay for everything when I only cooked for him a simple easy hangover soup in the morning. He was given his card back and smiled at the cashier before walking towards me and sitting in front of me.

"You weren't lonely waiting for me, were you?" Lay smiled again.

I shook my head and looked at him again. He blinked a few times.

"Hey are you okay? You were really excited a few moments ago." He asked.

"I'm fine and you're pretty observant. You can tell easily how I feel." I said.

I mentally slapped myself for contradicting what I said.

"Wait. So does that mean you're not okay right now?"

"Mhm. I just feel like I made you pay for everything when I just cooked for you guys this morning. I feel greedy." I confessed, embarrassed.

"It's alright. I wanted to treat you anyways. There's nothing to feel bad about. We're all greedy once in a while and it's normal because we're human, but you just need to control it or you won't be happy wanting to have everything you want." He reasoned.

"Mhm. Thank you for making me feel better." I smiled. "Also, you should become a psychologist. I can see you sitting in an office listening to people's complaints and helping them." I pictured with my hands.

"No, no." He shook his head. "I want to become a music producer. Make some songs that touches people's heart and that help them understand life." He smiled dreamily while looking out the window.

"Really? Then can please have your autograph in advance so I can sell it to fans and get rich when you become popular?" I asked as I handed him an invisible paper and pen.

"My pleasure! So what's your name?" He asked as he took the invisible pen and paper.

"The name's 'Bob's number one fan, Soup'" I grinned.

He pretended to write something in his palm and I giggled at his silliness. Next, he took out his phone and opened an app.

"You mind if we take a selca together? I wouldn't want to forget my very first fan." Lay playfully asked.

"Not at all." I giggled.

He stood from his chair and came over to me. He held the phone at an angle in front of us.

"Smile Soup~" He sweetly chimed.

He snapped the picture and sat back down before I could check if I was pretty in it. A waitress came to give us our ice cream order right after and she chuckled.

"You're such a cute couple." She commented.

The both of us redden immediately. While Lay quickly turned away while scratching the back of his neck, I quickly denied her statement.

"I think you've misunderstood. We're not dating at all were just friends." I shook my hands in denial.

"Oh. I'm sorry. You were doing what couples usually do so I just assumed you two were together." She confessed. 

"I-it's a-alright." Lay stuttered with his head still turned away. 

The waitress bowed before going back to what she's suppose to do. I stared at my dessert that I totally forgot about and I my lips remembering the firery sensation of the soup. I started digging in and I snapped my fingers at Lay when I noticed that he was still slightly embarrassed. 

"Are you going to eat?" I asked. 

I looked at me for a second before answering. 

"Yeah wait a second. I need to do something." he said while fiddling with his phone again. 

I tried peeking at the device, but he just hid the screen on his chest until I backed away. I sulked and resumed eating the cold dessert. He put back his phone in his pocket with a big smile as he ate what seemed like his strawberry and pineapple sorbet. 

"You're being weird." I commented. 

"Oh not at all. Just... had to do something." He replied. 

"But you're all smiling and giddy." I frowned. 

"Because..." He gestured me to come closer. 

I did as he said and he whispered something. 

"I got a girlfriend." He smirked. 

I stayed frozen. He's just my friend and I should congradulate him, but not a word could leave my mouth. I felt some what hurt to know that piece of i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter