Chapter Twenty-Five

Just Rumors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I saw the apartment's building in the distance, I sighed in relief to find it intact instead of burnt down. Netherless, I quickly went up to the apartment to see three lazy men walking and laying around the place. Chen was drinking from a bottle while passing by me as if I was invisible. I tugged on his arm and he seemed startled to see me.

 

"What are you doing here? The party's over." He said, spewing the cap back on to the bottle.

 

"I know that." I rolled my eyes, "Where's Suyeong?" I asked without beating around the bush.

 

"She left a while ago. I think she went home." He answered.

 

"Really?" I raised a brow. What guy lets his girl leave on her own?

 

"What?" He tilted his head, completely innocent and unaware of anything.

 

"She just called me 5 minutes ago and she was panicking— Oh My Goodness! I'm so dense! If she's not here then she's— Gotta go and you're a bad boyfriend." I commented before running down the hallway.

 

"What do you mean she was panicking!?" He yelled across the hallway, "Wait for me! I'm coming Suyeong!" I heard him echo and I entered the elevator without waiting for him. Just remembering how Suyeong had sounded over the phone made me worry. When it reached ground floor, Chen was already there anxiously waiting. How he got there before me, I had no idea.

 

"What took you so long?" He complained.

 

"How—"

 

"Let's go already!" He hurriedly dashed out while yelling : "I'M COMING SU!"

 

I had no choice but to follow his pace and ran after him.

 

 

We arrived at the lobby and Suyeong quickly ran into Chen's arms, where he embraced her tightly. I stood a little away from them. They needed a moment.

 

"You're not hurt right? Soomi told me you were panicking. Why were you panicking? What's wrong?" Chen asked.

 

"Soomi, come." Suyeong said. She grabbed my wrist to drag me to the staircase with Chen following closely from behind. I didn't understand why we didn't take the elevator, but since we already climbed a few flights of stairs, I let it slide. Before opening the emergency door to access the floor, she stopped and hesitated.

 

"You should be prepared." She stated.

 

Prepared for what? I bit my lower lip.

 

"What happened?" I asked.

 

"You mean, what is happening." She corrected me.

 

Chen, being a little impatient with our little talk, opened the door and hastily walked to the apartment. I didn't know why Suyeong started being a little panicky, but seeing her boyfriend confidently walk to the apartment, she quickly dragged me with her towards him.

 

"Chen, don't open the—" Suyeong started, but she was too late. He already did.

 

"Hey! What are you doing at my girlfriend's place?!" He shouted.

 

"Huh. Boss. It isn't Soomi. Wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter