Chapter Twelve

Just Rumors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was walking side by side with Lay with Chenny's leash in my hand. He hasn't said anything ever since we left the cafe.

"Hey Lay." I called.

He was staring at nowhere. He seemed like he was thinking about something.

"Lay." I poked his arm this time.

"Huh?" I turned to me.

Was it me or did I just see him blush? It must me my imagination. Why would he blush because of me?

"How far is your apartment?" I asked casually.

"Uh.... N-not far... From here..." Lay stuttered.

What's wrong with him? Why is he stuttering when we were talking so fluently in the cafe?

"Soomi! Where are wandering off to? We're here." Lay called me a few feet away.

"Hey Lay, do they let dogs in the building?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. Let me go ask the reception." Lay said before going through the glass doors.

I watched him as he approached the desk and stood there awkwardly with his hands in his pocket. The receptionist seemed to have nodded and said a few words before Lay turned to me and gestured me to go in with a nod meaning that Chenny could go in as well. Pushing the glass doors, I walked over carefully towards the elevator and Lay joined me. I looked around a little fascinated. I haven't been in an apartment building in a very long time and everything looked so modern. The elevator rang and the three of us went in.

"So you living with anyone?" I asked Lay as he pressed the 5. 

"Just with Chen. Luhan and Xiumin live a floor above us, but they constantly come in and out of our apartment so we basically all live together." He answered.

"Ah. Okay."

I didn't know what else to say so I just patted Chenny's head who was sitting between the two of us like a good girl. The doors opened and revealed a light brown carpeted hallway with cream walls. We walked pass a few doors before arriving at number 506. Through the door, I could hear some faint bickering.

"Is Chen home?" I asked Lay.

"I think so. Maybe his girlfriend is here too since I hear a girl's voice." He said turning the door knob.

The door opened halfway and I could already hear two people arguing over what movie they should watch.

"Chen~ I want to watch romance~" the girl whined.

"No~ I want to watch an action- oh Hyung! You're back already? Don't you finish in two hours?" Chen stood up from the couch.

"Brought a guest." Lay pointed towards me.

"Oh hey Soomi!" Chen waved at me.

"Hello! I'm Cha Suyeong! I'm unfortunately this action movie addict's girlfriend." The girl introduced herself.

"Hey! Action movies are way better than those cheesy romance movies."

"They are not cheesy! They're sweet! You're just jealous because you can't be romantic."

"AHEM. I CAN BE ROMANTIC." Chen defended himself.

"I'd like to see you prove that." Suyeong crossed her arms.

"Oh I will."

"Guys. We're here, remember?" Lay tried to stop their bickering.

The cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter