Chapter Twenty-Nine

Just Rumors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Next morning, I woke up with swollen eyes and disheveled hair. I wasn't planning on going to school. After yesterday, finding a solution for my problems was much more important than science and history. I stepped out of my room and walked towards the bathroom.

 

"Oh! You're up!"

 

I squeaked at the voice and ran back to my room, but ended up running into the door since I had a habit of shutting the door when I leave a room. I fell on my bottom as I rubbed my forehead, still half awake. It wasn't until I stopped rubbing my forehead that I registered that Lay crouching down in front of me, staring at my face.

 

"Omg! Since when were you here?!" I yelped, trying to back away, but I was already against a wall. "I look horrible right now." I muttered as I hid my face in my hands, thinking that he would magically disappear if I did that.

 

"No you don't. You're beautiful, other than the hair, swollen eyes and dried drool all over your shirt." I glanced at my shirt and groaned, "Then what's beautiful about me then?"

 

"Your personality, your face, your internal organs, but the most beautiful is your heart." He replied me softly. My heart skipped a beat and I blushed. Although I was slightly grossed out by the internal organs part, his 4D replies are one of his charms.

 

"C'mon, go shower. You need to look even more beautiful today." He smiled as he gently pushed me to the bathroom and it was only then I realized he was wearing clean grey jeans with a blue striped blazer over a white t-shirt.

 

"Huh? I need to be beautiful? Why aren't you in your uniform? Aren't you going to school? What—" he shut the door in my face before I could continue asking questions.

 

"Just hurry. I'll be waiting in the living room." He said from the other side of the door, "and wear the clothing just outside the bathroom door." I heard hum leave, come back, hang something on the door handle and leave once more.

 

I quickly showered since I was afraid to have kept him waiting. I stepped out in the little summer dress he got me with a matching blazer.

 

"Wow. You're so pretty." He chimed.

 

"Why is my blazer the same as yours?" I eyed him.

 

"Oh. For no reason. I thought you would be cold since it wasn't summer anymore and it matched the—"

 

"Wait. It's a school day. Why aren't you in uniform?" I pointed at him.

 

"And why aren't you either?" He raised a brow.

 

"I—" I looked down at myself in the dress, but before I could say anything else, he spoke up,

 

"Okay, I'll tell you the truth. My parents are arriving at the airport in the afternoon and I was thinking we could both skip school and do something together before then." He shyly lifted my hands and made me flap my arms like a bird. However, I only turned away and retracted my arms.

 

"What's wrong?" He made a move to hug me, but stopped. I shook my head,

 

"I need to go somewhere important today." I said, thinking about the police station. Yixing seemed disappointed as he let his arms fall to his side. I reached out and grab one of his hands, running my thumb over his knuckles. "But if you really want to spend the day together, we could meet up somewhere just an hour or two later?" I tried comforting him. Just thinking about spending the whole day with him made my heart flutter.

 

"I can tag along i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter