Chapter Nineteen

Just Rumors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sat down in my seat and the guy next to me was staring at me blatantly. I gave a glare and turned to the teacher. However, I could feel his stare on me even if I couldn't see his face. Irritated, I turned to him and I was right. He was staring. 

"Could you quit staring at me like that?" I hissed. 

He seemed surprised for a moment before quickly picking up his pencil and asking someone to pass him the notes he missed. I rolled my eyes and continued to write. 

When it was break time, I told myself I was going to finish my homework before going on to my next class that was in thirty minutes. It was a two hundred word essay and it was about the lack of woman in China. I tried concentrating on my work, but there was a group of people that were quite noisy at the back. 

"YES! GO INVITE HER HYUNG." One of the guys in the back yelled. 

"What do you mean no! You have to! You're so shy around girls. Get some courage and think of it as a practice!" Another yelled after a moment. 

"What the heck Baekhyun! Don't say that out loud!" A voice said loudly. 

I closed my eyes and rubbed my temples. They are so annoying. Suddenly, it became much quieter and I could concentrate properly. It wasn't long until I felt a finger tap my shoulder lightly. I exhaled and looked up at a boy around my age fiddling with his fingers. 

"Hi." He shyly said. 

"Hello." I replied because the boy looked so pitiful I would feel bad to ignore him. 

"Name my's Do Kyungsoo." He awkwardly said. 

"What?" I frowned. 

"I-I mean m-my name's Do Kyungsoo." He blushed immensely. 

"What do you want?" I retorted. 

"Uh... There's this singing c-competition t-this weekend a-and I was wondering if you'd like to come." He said while looking at his hands that were clasped together. 

"Yeah. It's going to be cool cause you'll see a bunch of good hidden singers that will attend." A guy with puppy eyes loudly beamed. 

"And it's also totally okay if you go watch and support if you don't sing." A guy with monkey ears said. 

"No. I don't need your invitation. I rather study than listening to you sing." I said, packing my books. 

"No but-" Kyungsoo started. 

"No buts. I'm not going." I clearly stated. 

I shoved them out of my way and headed to my class, but someone pulled me back by that arm and turned me to face him. It was my seat partner. 

"What now! You want to invite me to a dance competition? No I won't go!" I said, clearly irritated. 

"I'm class president and it is unacceptable for you to treat a classmate like that. You've been skipping classes for three weeks without any signs and you just suddenly appear and insult a classmate that's only inviting you to a singing competition." He said. 

"That guy is so shy I can't even stand it. If he wants to use a girl as a practice to talk to girls, I rather not be the one." I retorted. 

"You have to understand him. He used to always be bullied at his previous school and now he finally found a group of friends that will stay and protect him. You have no rights awfully rejecting him like that." 

"Oh and I've never been bullied? Have you ever been locked in a locker for a whole day, been knocked over with a huge bag flour, have your lunch plate thrown out the window in front of my face, been punched in the face, been beaten in an alley and been insulted 24/7 at school? I don't think I should be the one trying to understand him. You're just trying to protect your friend because he's more vulnerable than most of us and that's not what you're suppose to do with such title. You're the class president, so act like it and get your facts right." I spat at him. 

The class president was completely shocked and I walked towards a frightened Kyungsoo. 

"Sorry for rejecting your invitation, but I hope you understand me. After all, you're the only one that understands me best among these people." I apologized

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter