Chapter Twenty-Seven

Just Rumors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was already Monday morning when I was woken up by a door bell. I had spent the whole weekend working on school work at the kitchen table and I almost ate all the food. The door bell continued to be pressed and I quickly threw on some reasonably presentable clothes and flattened my hair with my hands before answering the door. It shocked me a little to see Lay stand there, looking at me. Suyeong and Chen weren't there to make me feel like a third wheeler, so why was he here?

"Uh. Hi." I waved at him.

"You're not preparing to go to school?" He asked.

"Oh school... Come in, I'll be right back." I let him in and hurried to my room. I still don't know if I should consider my room as mine. I really felt bad for telling her to leave. I picked up my phone and dialled her number. She picked up after a few rings.

"Yellow Soomi~" She chimed.

"Are you doing okay now?" I asked, worried that she had a hard time living somewhere else.

"Of course I'm fine! Why are you asking that?"

"I'm just... I just feel very bad for telling you to leave your own apartment... Sorry." I apologized.

"Why are you apologizing? I'm just fine! Don't worry! Are you only calling me to tell me that?" She asked, "Anyways, next time you call me, it's for what you're going to do next alright? No apologies. Gotta go! Talk to you later!" She hung up before I could even say anything.

I quickly changed again and put in my books in my bag. When I left the room, Lay was in the kitchen playing with the silver pin.

"Hey what does-" I quickly snatch it from him and put it in my bag. "-MFS mean..." He finished, still stunned at my quick actions.

"It means... Mafia For Short..." I hastily invented.

"Mafia For Short? What is that?" He asked, stuffing both his hands in his blazer's pockets.

"Some old... Musical... Performance... At a school..." I slowly pronounced each word as I think of something that seems logical although I knew what I was saying was already really bizarre and absurd. "Are we going to leave for school now?" I changed the topic.

"Right. Wait, you're not eating first?" He questioned.

"Um... There isn't much food in the refrigerator..." I scratched my head as I looked at the fridge.

"Looks like my fridge isn't the only one that's empty." He chuckled.

"Let's just go already." I fought back a laugh.

We left the building and headed to school, but, suddenly, Lay had taken another direction and pulled me along.

"Hey! School's not that way." I stated.

"I know. We're going to go buy breakfast." He smiled, dragging me behind him.

"What? You don't need to buy breakfast for me." I rejected him.

"It's not an offer, it's an order, so you have to come." He stopped to tap the tip of my nose and flashed a heart stopping smirk.

I was too astonished to continue arguing and let him drag me by my hand. I never knew this boy named Zhang Yixing could smirk like that. I didn't even think it was possible for it to make me swoon. He resumed gently tugging me by my hand, nearing a busy street with the smell of food in the air.

As he was buying a breakfast to go on a cafe, I observed his lean figure when suddenly, put on his headphones and smiled as he looked at the little MP3 player's screen. What was he smiling about? I could the employee silently call for his attention, but he didn't hear her, probably because his headphones were pretty much sound proof. She lightly tapped his shoulder, which caused him to jump a little, mouthing something. He gladly received a paper bag and skipping towards the exit, where I was waiting for him.

"Here you go." he sang as he hung his headphones around his neck. I was curious of the reason why he was smiling for a second,

"What were you listening to?" I pointed the purple headphones as I accepted the paper bag.

"What was I listening to? That's a good question." He laughed it off as he rubbed his nape. His face was turning to a shade of pink. Thinking he was just so adorable

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter