Chapter Twenty-Four

Just Rumors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up to the sound of soothing music. It was weird. Moreover, I was in a bed when the last thing I could remember was that I fell asleep in the kitchen. I sat up and a pair of purple headphones fell onto my lap. I looked around me and I noticed it wasn't Chen's room. Well, unless he owns a fancy laptop and a keyboard for composing, I don't think it's Chen's room.

 

I noticed a little sticky note pasted on the headphones and I quickly read it.

 

[Do you mind bringing me the headphones and the MP3 to where I work? I didn't wanted to wake you up since you looked cute with them on while you slept.]

 

I had to reread the last part a few times for it to sink in. *Cute?!* My eyes were the size of an owl's. I walked out the room in a daze with the headphones and MP3 player and I didn't notice Suyeong calling me to the kitchen until she snapped her fingers next to my ear.

 

"Hey! Earth to Soomi! Help me cook! Or else I'm going to end up burning down the building!" She cried in despair.

 

I was standing there for a moment, blinking at a Suyeong that disappeared into the kitchen. *Burning down the building?* I thought. My brain clicked. I shoved the MP3 player in my pocket and hung the purple headphones around my neck, remembering that Suyeong was a terrible cook.

 

"Oh my god." I gasped when I arrived in the kitchen.

 

It was a mess and Suyeong was running around the kitchen trying to keep everything stable, which didn't really work. I quickly interfered with everything and Suyeong only hugged me and thanked me like it would be the last time she would see me.

 

"Stop hugging me or you'll make me burn the building instead." I said as I tried prying her off me.

 

"Oh no you can't burn the building! My ChenChen lives here and he can't be homeless!" She quickly let go of my like I was some disease. "I'll go check on the guys! Make sure you make a hangover soup for them!" She said before disappearing from the kitchen.

 

"Hangover soup it is... Again..." I sighed, "They don't even have all the ingredients." I sighed once more as I opened the fridge. *Well... They're going to have tomato and celery soup instead... With some... Macaroni* I thought as I scanned the refrigerator.

 

 

"Ew... What is this...?" Chen frowned in disgust.

 

"It's food. Now eat up. I don't promise it won't kill you since you guys keep a lot of spoilt stuff in the fridge." I stated.

 

"It's actually pretty good. Try it Chen." Luhan said as he took another sip.

 

The three guys took a sip of the soup and Chen hummed in satisfaction.

 

"You're really good at cooking Soomi. I didn't think this would taste this good." Chen gestured the macaroni on his spoon.

 

I shrugged as I took two other bowls for Suyeong and me.

 

"Hey. What's that around your neck?" Luhan pointed at me.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter