Chapter Thirteen

Just Rumors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

By the time I had to leave, since it was almost midnight, Lay and I exchanged phone numbers so that I could advise him on how to take care of Chenny. I took me so much effort to convince Chenny to stay at Lay's place and to not soften at her puppy eyes. I swear those puppy eyes are enough to make anyone soften. When I arrived home, I was greeted by two fuming adults. 

"Where have you been?" The woman said. 

I ignored her and went up the stairs. I heard the woman scoff and the man spoke up. 

"You cannot treat your mother like that. Apologize this instant." 

"No." 

It was the only reply I can offer them. 

"You better come downstairs this instant or were kicking you out of the house." 

I ignored them again and trotted into my room. I heard someone stomping up the stairs and flung my door open. 

"You have no rights to ignore your parents young lady." The woman said. 

"Oh I'm sorry. I forgot you were my parents." I sarcastically said. 

"What? That is nonsense. We are you're parents and you can't change that so look at us and tell us where you've been." The man said. 

"No." 

"Tell us or the dog goes." He threatened. 

"Sure. Whatever. Good luck on finding it then." I snorted. 

The man whistled thinking that Chenny would come running to him, but there wasn't a sound in the house. 

"Where's the dog?" The man asked. 

"Oh. Looks like you lost the one threat that could make me do anything." I stated. 

"Tell me where you've been." He ignored what I said. 

"Why should I?" 

"Forget where you've been. You're grounded for lacking respect." The man ordered. 

"Pfft. I do not lack respect. I respect those who respect me back." I retorted. 

"What so we don't respect you? We took care of you, we put you under a roof, we fed you and we even let you keep that beast after that old lady died. And we don't respect you?!" The man shouted. 

I snapped when he mentioned grandma. No one speaks bad of her. Not on my watch. 

"That's not an old lady! She's your mother. She made me feel like home. She comforted me when I was broken and what did you do? All you did was leave me on my own and worked on that stupid company that ruined my life." I yelled. 

"Don't you dare yell at me." He clenched his fist. 

"Do I look like I care for what you want?" 

"Stop yelling young lady and get down on your knees." He ordered. 

I felt like my blood was boiling and I was sick of all these arguments. 

"There is no way I'm kneeling. Get out. Get the hell out of my room." I refused. 

"No. I'm not leaving until you kneel." 

"Get out! I'm not kneeling so get out! Leave me alone!" I yelled. 

"No. Do you think leaving you alone will fix the problem? And you look like a crazy dog yelling at me to leave." He snapped. 

"You're the one that's crazy enough to make me crazy so get the hell out!" I yelled as pushed him out the door and slammed it in his face. 

I locked it and slide down the door and held my head between my hands. I can't go on with this anymore. I can't continue listening to their bull no more. I fished out my phone and dialed a number. It wasn't until a few rings that he answered. 

"Hi~" a female voice greeted. 

"Suyeong? Is that you? Why do you have Lay's phone?" I bombarded her with questions. 

"Yep! It's me! Lay's kind of... Wasted right now... And who are you Soup?" She asked. 

I tried keeping myself from laughing at w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter