Chapter Twenty

Just Rumors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay so then Joonmyeon and I started dating." I said. 

"Woah what? Already? Just like that? No getting to know each other first? That fast?" Lay bombarded me with questions. 

"Well there's nothing important that you should know before that and I doubt you'd want to hear everything." I reasoned. 

"But... How am I suppose to understand when you make that huge jump? Elaborate please. Just... Leave out the lovey dovey moments..." He cringed. 

"Oh fine." 

 

 

Since that day Joonmyon helped me get out of the changing room, I've become good friends with his group of friends. At first they were hesitant to befriend me, but I think Kyungsoo and Joonmyeon convinced them. Ah Joonmyeon. I think I have a crush on him. Every time I'm with him, my heart races and I can never get mad at him. His group of friends started teasing us and we become awkward when they talk about us. 

"Soomi! Are you busy tonight?" Joonmyeon asked me. 

"Mhm. No." I hummed. 

"You want to go shopping?" 

"Shopping? You need something? Every thing you have is new and expensive." I eyed him. 

"I'm just bored tonight." 

"Why don't you go hang out with the guys instead." 

"They all have something to do." He said. 

I knew he was lying since he didn't dare make eye contact with me. However, I wasn't going to let go of this opportunity to spend some time alone with Joonmyeon. I agreed and we both took the subway to somewhere with a lot of shops. We both walked around, argued which hat would look better on one of his friends and we even ended up going to a pet shop. 

"Wah~ They're so cute~" I crouched down at an enclosure for puppies. 

"Oh Joonmyeon! Welcome back!" One of the employees greeted. 

"Yeah. I'm here to check out Chenny." He said. 

"You have a dog?" I asked him quietly. 

"Well not exactly..." He answered me. 

"We were just washing Chenny. Here she is." The employee said bringing out a medium sized husky. 

The dog slightly became agitated once it saw Joonmyeon and jumped out of the employee's arms to run to Joonmyeon. The latter happily welcomed the little beast and pet him as the little animal desperately jumped into his arms, excited to see the human again. The employee smiled and let them be. 

"Wow. Chenny looks pretty today." Joonmyeon cooed as the dog his face. 

"I don't understand..." I muttered. 

"What don't you understand?" He asked. 

"I don't understand why you don't have a dog, but this one here is acting like you're his owner." 

"First of all, it's a girl. Second, her name is Chenny and lastly, my parents are completely against having a pet, so I come here a few times to play with them. I come so often that the workers here know me and this little one became really attached with me since nobody pays attention to her since they all want a puppy and she's already one year old." He explained. 

"What if one day, you come here and find out that someone bought her?" I asked him. 

"Um... I don't know... I would be happy because she found a family, but..." He hesitated. 

"But you'll miss her right?" I looked at him in the eye. 

He smiled and pet Chenny even more. 

"I would like to have her. She's cute and smart." I said. 

"You would?" 

"Yeah. But the only problem is the finance." 

Suddenly, the dog jumped into my arms my face. I giggled as Joonmyeon pulled her away. After a while, we were pretty hungry and we ate something at a street stand. 

"Say Aaaaaaah~" Joonmyeon said. 

I turned to him and my face touched the food that he was already holding in the air. I chuckled and ate it. 

 

 

"...then he..." I stopped at turned to Lay. 

He looked annoyed and tired of listening to me. I smirked and thought of a great plan to get his attention back. 

"...then the street seller pulled out a gun and aimed it at us." I said quietly. 

That was sudden enough for Lay to double take at me and all I could do was laugh at him. 

"You're starting to take this as a joke, aren't you?" Lay sighed. 

"But I'm sure you're really bored. So I'll tell you the important parts." 

"Please just the important parts. Right now I feel like you're telling me a thirty chapter romantic fan fiction story." 

"Okay so we started dating-" 

"When I mean important parts that includes the part before you guys started dating too." Lay cut off. 

"Well the only thing that happened before we dated was that he bought me Chenny. That's it." I said. 

"Oh. Ok the important part." He said suddenly interested. 

 

 

It has been a month already since we were dating and we were completely blinded by love. So blinded that we would do anything for each other. School ended and we both happi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter