Chapter Twenty Two

Just Rumors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yo Lay. Arcade?" Luhan asked.

 

The last bell had already rang and the guys had gathered around Lay's desk.

 

"Sorry guys... I'm busy tonight..." Lay apologized.

 

"What! What else is more important than hanging out with us?" Luhan exclaimed.

 

"Um... School work?" Lay lied and I giggled at his random statement.

 

"Look! Soomi's giggling! He must me lying!" Chen gasped.

 

"No I'm not! I want to start on the assignments before were completely packed." Lay said as he glanced at me.

 

It was a sign to see him later. I nodded and left the classroom before him.

 

I waited for him at the front gates and he appeared only a few moments later while running.

 

"Run." He said.

 

"Whyaaaah!" I squeaked as he grabbed my hand and continued to run.

 

"I'll explain later. Just run for now."

 

We finally stopped when we arrived at a park and I sat down on a bench, panting, not bothering if strangers were looking at us weirdly. When Lay joined me, I couldn't help but to let out a hearty laugh.

 

"Why are you laughing?" He chuckled once he caught his breath.

 

"I don't know. I just am." I said giggling.

 

"Shall we go to the cinema now?" He offered.

 

"We shall." I grinned.

 

This time, we took our time taking each step without any rush.

 

"So tell me. Why did we need to run?" I said.

 

"Well... They figured out I was going to the movies with you..." He said trying to avoid my gaze. "And... I just wanted it to be us two alone..." He added. "Also, they were chasing me."

 

"You're so silly." I chortled. "Let's go."

 

It has been quite a while since I went to the cinema. We bought our tickets and we headed to the snack bar.

 

"Do you want anything? Popcorn? Salad?" He asked.

 

"There's salad here?"

 

"Yeah. Right there." He pointed.

 

"But I'm not a big fan of salad. I want nachos."

 

I remember the last time I went to the cinemas. It was with Suho and I remember him telling me to eat healthy salad instead of junk food. I also remember him telling me that junk food was bad for the skin.

 

"Wow! I'm also not a big fan of salad. We'll the nachos then, with extra cheese!" He smiled.

 

"Wait, you already paid for the tickets. Let me buy them." I grabbed his arm.

 

"No. The man pays on a date. The woman relaxes." He stated.

 

"Date?" I raised my eyebrows.

 

"Euh... We're not dating or anything, so this isn't a date." He turned to avoid my gaze.

 

"Sure, whatever you say..."

 

"Wait for me over here. I'll go buy." He quickly said before jogging to the counter to order.

 

I felt weird watching him go buy food for me. Does he like me? He shouldn't like me. I'm a disastrous and rebellious girl. I hate my parents. Who would want a girl that hates her parents? The last time a guy liked me, he ended up... Gone... I don't want that to happen to him.

 

"Soomi! Let's go! The movie's starting soon." Lay called, showing me the snacks he bought.

 

I went towards him, but I accidentally bumped into a couple that were heading to their movie as well.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter