Chapter Six

Just Rumors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I felt so stupid. I actually thought I should kill myself. I'm sorry grandmother. I'm sorry that I kept disappointing you even after I told you to rest in peace. I promise I won't try to do something so stupid again. 

I kept walking in my borrowed dirty uniform around school. The classes have started and I should go to it. I walk into the classroom and apologized for disturbing. I turned to the class and bowed as well. I slowly went to my seat and I lock eye contact with Lay as everyone stared at my uniform. I sat down and opened my notebook trying to listen to what the teacher is saying. 

"You alright?" Lay whispered. 

I turned to him and looked at him confused. He looked at me since I didn't answer him. 

"Are you alright?" he repeated. 

"Huh? Oh... Yeah." I replied. 

"That's good." he smiled. 

I felt like smiling after seeing his smile. He's so different compared to everyone in this school. Everyone talks about me, insults me, torture me and Lay, he just makes me feel comfortable. I liked it, so I returned his smile. He looked back at the teacher and took notes. I did the same. 

Soon, class ended and everyone packed their bag packs and rushed out of school. 

"Lay." I called before he left. 

"Yeah?" he said as he turned around. 

"Are you busy tonight?" I asked. 

He scratched his head for a while before he shook his head. 

"You want to go somewhere with me?" I asked. 

"Sure." he brightly answered. 

He waited for me to pack my things and he followed me as I try to remember where the arts and crafts store was. 

As we stepped onto the artistic street, the sky turned cloudy and dark. The tourist walked at a faster pace to not get caught in the rain, but Lay and I walked like if it was the most beautiful day. We walked in silence until we reached the shop. 

"Hello mr Han." I greeted as I stepped inside. 

"Hi there. You must be Park Soomi right?" Han asked. 

"Yes and I brought a friend." I said and gestured Lay. 

"Hello." Lay greeted. 

"Alright. Why don't you two come with me?" Han gently pushed us from behind. 

We arrived in a studio with wooden tool used to sculpt thing and a wooden table at the center. Han quickly left our side to get two stools and placed them along the table. 

"You kids wait here while I got get the clay." the shop owner said. 

We sat there in silence as the man hastily went to get the clay. We looked at each other as we exchange a few smiles when Han returned. He placed two chunk of clay wrapped in paper in front of us. 

"Here you go. Now you can use any tools in here to sculpt these and when you're done just come and call me. I'll just in the room beside." Han said before cheerfully leaving the studio. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter