Chapter Twenty-Eight

Just Rumors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

School ended and I was writing down some final notes. I didn't know why I was working this hard for something I already learnt. Maybe because I needed a distraction from my problems once in a while. When I got out of school, I saw a group of men in leather discreetly snickering at me and I looked behind me to make sure Lay wasn't following me. They wouldn't attack Lay if he wasn't with me.

 

I glanced back at the group of men and something blinded my eye for a second. It was something shiny and white that was attached to their chest and it made me think of the silver pin I found.

 

Without knowing, my feet brought me to my parents house that I moved out of and it only angered me. I hated that they kept using me to escape debt collectors. Seeing that the car wasn't in the driveway yet, I stepped inside the house and then inside my room. I ran my fingers over the table I used to use and looked around the room, remembering the little time I spent in the room. I didn’t even understand why I was here. It was only then I discovered a box I left under my table.

 

After setting the box on the table, I carefully dusted the lid and lifted it. The reminiscent objects in the box made my heart ache. It was all the things that Suho had given me in the short time that we dated. I stared at each of them for a second before putting it on the side. My eyes started to blur from the tears, but before they fell, I caught sight of something strange. I wiped my tears away and pick up the little, thin and black thing. It looked like a microchip. I wondered what it was doing in Suho's stuff. I had a feeling that it was important, so I put it my skirt's pocket.

 

 

I looked at the time and I knew that my parents were going to be home soon. I quickly tidied my room and headed downstairs, making sure I still had the chip in my pocket. When I had stepped out of the house, I met the gang at the doorstep. The subordinates were intimidatingly glaring at me as the leader took in the surroundings.

 

"Wow. Nice house. This is what your parents got with the money?" He smirked at me. I gulped as he roughly pulled me by the collar. Scared of making the situation worse, I didn't dare to try and remove his hand. "You have eleven days left. Twelve if you count today and if you don't make it, that pretty Chinese boy is going to be gone and we won't let you go this time. Unless your boy brings the money." He pushed me away as he let go of me. He gestured his men to leave and waved at me before leaving.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter