Chapter 5. ‘A second chance’

What?IgotYou

Alice’s pov

Too bad the next day after spending valentine’s day with the boys, I immediately had to go back to practice. Apparently the girls hadn’t made up yet and fought even more yesterday. Today was the same as every day, we tried to practice, they fought and we got send home. I was so tired of being in this group, we’re not making any progress at all. We only have less than 2 days left before evaluation day. I decided to practice by myself. I’m worried for those two, but if I don’t practice than I won’t make it either.

I was practicing when suddenly oppa came in. He felt sorry for me that I was practicing alone. He helped me with my song and kept me company for a short while. I was happy because he helped me and also because I got to spend time with him somewhere else than the house. Without all the other members around us.

Evaluation day came faster than I expected. We hadn’t practiced as a group except for this morning. I lost all hope to even be selected.

“Let’s start” Mr. Park ordered. We all were sitting in the room. I wasn’t nervous and neither was nr.3, we just accepted the fact that there was nothing that could save us, only a miracle can.  “Let’s start with group A” they called us up. We sat on the chair and the music started to play. Me and nr.3 did our parts as good as we could, but nr. 9 went blank. She couldn’t remember the lyrics. Nr.3 burst out laughing her out. I felt embarrassed and sorry for us. We started the song again, but when it was nr. 9’s turn again, she was still blank. Nr 3 chuckled, trying to contain her laugh. I decided to help her out by singing her part, that kind of refreshed her memory and she managed to finish the song.

After that we had to dance. It was more of a disaster than the singing performance. Nr. 9 would go the wrong way, miss steps and even go faster than the beat. Nr. 3 couldn’t help herself, she would stop in the middle of the dance and started laughing. Mr. Park had seen enough and he stopped us. We were so done for.

“Okay, let’s see group B”. Group B sang Little mix’s ‘Wings’ acoustic version. They filled the room with their beautiful  voices and harmony. At this point there was no way in considering giving our group a second chance. They were practically ready to debut as idols. Their teamwork was beter than ours. After that they danced. From what I saw from day 1 they had improved and polished a lot. All their movements were in sync and perfect. “I think you guys are smart enough to know who would’ve made it and who wouldn’t. I have news for you guys, next week is the real evaluation. Today you saw your competition, so my advice is to take this advantage and improve yourselves.  Some of you need it, but for those who don’t, don’t let your guards down. That’s all for today and good luck” with that said he left the room. Not another week with these two, I can’t take it anymore.

We went to our practice room where Mr. Park was waiting on us. “Hello girls, please enter” we bowed politely and entered. “There’s something I would like to know. Let’s start, who was the leader?” me and nr.3 immediately looked over at nr.9. Nr.9 just looked back at us. “Why don’t you have a big mouth now?” nr. 3 whispered to her. “Me sir” she said shyly. “I see, this isn’t in your potential, you should not have been the leader. I barely saw any improvement, what I did see was that you guys became worse, while you three had more talent than the other 6. I didn’t even notice you Alice. Alice, I’m going to give you the opportunity to impress me, you’ll become the leader this time, so don’t disappoint me”. I nodded and thanked him. He then bid his goodbye and left. Great, how am I going to survive? Now they will totally kill me.

“So new leader, what do you have in mind for us?” nr. 3 asked me. “Nothing yet, why don’t we go see our options together?” I walked towards the computer and started to search. Nr.3 joined me and was cooperating very well. But then you had nr. 9 which grabbed her stuff and just left, I bet Mr. Park’s words hurt her. “Don’t worry about her, if we get selected that’s enough" nr 3 smiled at me. We continued searching and decided to sing ‘Pretty hurts’ by Beyoncé. All we had to do now was to divide the song between us three. I had some great ideas for this song. “Shall we continue with this next time, it’s really getting late and I’m tired” nr. 3 said. I nodded and saved everything before leaving with nr. 3.

Alice’s boyfriend pov

“Alice is heading to the bus stop, were done here right?” Jackson came in running. “Nope” Bambam said to him. I do like Jackson but sometimes he needs to back off my chick. I know he’s always been crazy about her, which lets me feel guilty for dating her behind his back. He even confessed to me that he wishes we could change personalities so that Alice could take him more seriously. Even though secretly I had a crush on her. I remembered how much I wanted to be ‘J’ and let her smile every day. “Come on, were awesome already, let’s go home. I want to spend time with my jagi~” he pouted. I agree with him, I want to see her too. I want to know if she got accepted or not.

We quickly finished and went home. “Jagiiii~~ did you miss me?” Jackson opened the door. I chuckled to myself. This dude has some courage. “She isn’t home” he dropped on the floor and cried. “Ugh, who wants to come home to see you” Jr said sarcastically. “Aish, come here you. I’ll show you something” he stood and ran after Jr. me and Bambam looked at each other and laughed. “Hyung, can I ask you something?" he pulled me aside. I nodded. “Can you help me? I want to ask a girl out on a date” he said shyly. “Seriously, look at you. Just go ahead and ask her” I said to him. “If it was that easy, you think I wouldn’t have done that already?” he said sarcastically. “You’re right, write her a letter. There you could express yourself better and ask her to meet somewhere private on a special day” I advised him. “You think she’ll come?” he asked me curious. “Of course” he smiled and walked into his room I guess to begin writing.

Alice came home drunk and late. Jackson quickly picked her up and brought her to her room. I had prepared some tea for when she wakes up. “I guess she had a few bottles of soju” Jackson said to me. he was caressing her face. “Don’t scare her again” I chuckled at him and putted the cup on her nightstand. “Are you still going to sleep?” I asked him. He shook his head. “I’ll sleep on this chair, now leave, what happens between me and my jagi nobody can know” he signed me to leave. “I’m worried for her, maybe I should..” I came and sat next to her. “NO! go away” he pushed me. I chuckled and left the room, I know he is going to fall in sleep, after a few minutes anyways.