School

Wolf School

Trying something new with this one. Please also check out Tales of the Xiuharem and Tales of BaekYeol.

I slaved over this and I've never written Super Junior before so tell me if I get anything wrong, ok? Really, relly, really hope you like it <3

Chapter 1

“Kris, get up!” Tao shouted from the kitchen. “We’re going to be late.”

“I am up,” the other boy hollered back. Just because he wasn’t out of the bedroom didn’t mean he wasn’t out of bed.

Luhan smiled, stuffing his face with toast. None of them had fully adjusted to getting up for school even after they had been back for a month. Tao could have just left himself but politeness kept him waiting for their alpha since they had first lesson together.

All four of their little pack had travelled together from China to join Lee Sooman High School. One of the most prestigious schools specifically designed for young werewolves in Asia. They had been told when they arrived that it would help them to form their own pack as they improved their Korean and let themselves adjust, that was why they had been put in the same dorm together. They naturally formed a pack anyway though, and with Kris and Luhan nearing the end of their time at the school (which ran from ages 15 to 22) having a solid pack wasn’t such a bad idea.

They had arrived mid-way through the previous year, which hadn’t helped, but they had been able to rely on each other. They had only had limited lessons with the other students, spending most of their time with intensive Korean lessons. The other students had ignored them mostly and they had focussed on their own pack. This year Luhan was determined to make more friends.

Finally Kris emerged from his room, bag slung over his shoulder. He grabbed a slice of toast from Luhan’s plate, ignoring his whining protest, and headed for the door.

“Come on,” he said. “If we’re late Mr. Choi will kill us.”

“Yah, it’s your fault if we’re late,” Tao said loudly as he hurried behind him. Kris threw Lay a tired look as they left.

“This puppy has no manners.”

“You’re the alpha,” Lay laughed. “It’s your job to teach him.”

Luhan smiled as he followed them, grabbing his bag as he went.

 

Pack Dynamics was one of Luhan’s most boring lessons. When he was younger he had found the classes more interesting but he didn’t see the necessity in teaching them the same things over and over. Most of it he had heard when he was younger form older students anyway. Never mind the fact that their teacher was the most boring he had ever come across. He fiddled with a piece of paper, folding it into a little hat when he was supposed to be making notes.

Today’s talk was on mating. The way wolves claimed mates, the way they were bound together, the way it never seemed to stop an alpha from doing what he wanted even with a mate.

“Hey,” a voice hissed behind him. It took him a second to realise that they were talking to him. He turned slightly and blinked.

“Luhan, right?”

“Y-yeah,” he said sounding confused. In all the weeks he had sat in front of Heechul he was sure they hadn’t once spoken to each other.

“You got a mate, Lulu?” He winked and gave him a positively dirty smile. Luhan’s cheeks turned bright red and he turned back around quickly. Quiet laughter picked up behind him and he swallowed hard.

Mr Choi turned around right then and the laughter died down. Luhan shrank in his seat. As soon as the teacher had turned back to the board again Luhan heard whispering behind him. He tried not to listen but it was hard not to.

“Heechul, shut up,” said Leeteuk. Even though he was leader of one of the biggest, most well-known packs in the school – the super junior pack – he was surprisingly quiet and his voice sounded mildly amused rather than authoritative.

“Oh, come on, Teukkie, I was asking for you. You said he was cute.”

Luhan swallowed tightly. Oh God, he was going to die of embarrassment. At the front of the class Mr Choi droned on about what mates were supposed to do for their alphas, without talking about any of the interesting stuff. Luhan didn’t listen, all he could hear behind him was Heechul’s whispered voice as he continued to talk about him. As soon as the bell ran Luhan leapt from his seat and got away as quickly as possible, his cheeks still bright red.

 

It was dark out as Kris walked home. It had been his turn to do the grocery shopping and none of the others were willing to come with him. Part of being at the school included an allowance for food and suchlike but he was surprised they managed to keep within their budget with how much they seemed to go through.

He shifted the backpack he was using to carry all their food, knowing Tao would be complaining at home that he was dying of hunger as he waited. He shook his head as he thought of it and then stopped dead. He had heard a shout. Someone sounded like they were in pain.

Kris hurried forward as he neared the dorms and stopped by a little sidestreet. A few feet away a boy was curled up on the ground, three others kicking him. One knelt down, grabbing his arm and wrenching it backwards. He shouted out in pain again at the wolfboy bit him. Their eyes glowed red but not the boy’s on the floor.

“Where’s you pack to defend you?” one of them taunted. “Oh, that’s right, you don’t have one.”

“You’re not good enough for a pack.” Another one kicked him and he shrank smaller. “You can’t even control your wolf. Little kids know how to do that.”

Anger bubbled up inside Kris but he very calmly and carefully put his bag down. Tao would have a fit it anything was damaged. He growled deeply and stepped forward. His eyes flashed red in the darkness.

The three boys looked up, surprised at the height of him and his broad shoulders.

“Who are you?” the first one asked, suddenly not sounding so tough.

“Leave him alone.”

“What, he’s your pack?” The boy laughed and stepped forward, over the boy on the ground who was still shaking and waiting for another kick.

Kris growled again, a warning, but the boy swung at him anyway. Kris blocked him easily and punched him to the ground. These wolves were young and certainly not as strong or tough as they wanted to think they were. Another one came at him and Kris grabbed him by the throat with one large hand and threw him down. The third one thought better of acting tough and started to run. The others followed quickly and Kris knelt down by the cowering boy.

“Hey,” he said, the boy’s hair off his forehead. He already had a black eye and a bloody nose. “Are you ok?”

The boy whimpered, keeping his eyes shut. He had the sharpest cheekbones Kris had ever seen and a mouth that curled up at the corners. He looked more like a cat than a wolf. Poor kid, having no pack to defend him, especially with bullies like that around.

“What’s your name?” Kris asked.

“J-jongdae.” He shivered, clutching his bitten arm to his chest.

“Ok, Jongdae, just relax. They’re gone now.” He grabbed his backpack quickly and then slipped his arms under the boy’s injured body, picking him up gently and carrying him back to the dorms.