Last Chapter

100 Days with Mr. Arrogant aka Lee Taemin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR2BrtoBfjk&feature=related

 

A year and a half had passed. Haerin's parents transfered her to a new school in Busan. She thought that by this time she would've forgotten everything. But she was wrong. Her feelings haven't gotten away. 

This has got to stop, she thinks to herself. Haerin shut her eyes tightly and tries to think of other things that would distract her. Thoughts about food, computer games, winter, really anything that would make her stop thinking about him even just for a little while.

She opened her eyes again, feeling determined.

 

"Today, Im going to force myself to be happy", she says to herself, with such unreal determination. Maybe she'll go out today and treat herself chocolate icecream. Or maybe she'll have a nice walk in the park, taking in the nice summer breeze. Or maybe go to the amusement park and ride all the roller coaster rides she could and she'll have so much fun that she would forget why she was even sad in the first place. 

 

Everyday Haerin would force herself to be happy. Some days, she would walk out the door with her head high, reminding herself that she's over him. But then she would remember how Taemin would look at her and all the feelings would come rushing back. Her feelings could be compared to a boomerang. She throws it so hard. So hard that she thinks it would never come back, but when she turns around and walk away, it would unexpectedly hit her right where it hurts most. 

 

Haerin decides to go to this small, quaint coffee shop nearby. There was nothing special about this coffee shop. But ever since that day, Haerin started to pick up the habit of going there every morning and order a warm cup of chocolate and eat her homemade sandwich. There's no apparent reason as to why she does it. She just does. But today, she felt adventurous. Instead of having the usual hot chocolate and sandwich, she ordered orange juice and cookies. 

 

 

 

 

 

Taemin looks at his watch annoyingly. He and his hyungs went to Busan to shoot for a new teaser and Taemin didn't like it one bit. He just wanted to stay inside his bedroom in their dorm in Seoul. Key stares at Taemin. He noticed how lifeless Taemin was. It was like Haerin the life out of him and left him with this incurable disease. Compared to Jonghyun, Taemin was never a playboy. He tries to pretend like he is, to look cool but he really isn't. It amazes Key that even after all this time, it's still her. In between those months, Taemin did not look at anyone else, and even try to look at anyone else. Key saw clearly in Taemin's eyes that there never was anyone else. He only wanted her. Key wished he could do something to make him go back to his usual self, but he knows it's only Haerin who could do that. That's the deal with first loves, Key mumbles to himself. The pain never goes away.

 

 

Taemin went out to get some air. The cool wind breezing outside soothed him. He was in Busan and he didnt know where he was going, but he continued to stroll the streets anyway. It was those random days when the sun isn't too bright and the cool breeze was just perfect for going outside. He was walking alone the streets and passed by a nice looking coffee shop. It was small and not very noticeable yet very inviting. The walls were made of glass and you could see the people inside. Not a lot of people. Taemin was about to walk past it, but he sees something that makes him stop in his tracks. His eyes locked on a particular girl sitting inside the little cafe. She was seated in a way that he couldnt clearly see her face, but nevertheless, his eyes still lingered  on the girl. It reminded him of someone. The way her hair was tied in a way that Haerin would always do her hair on weekends. A messy ponytail, with pieces of hair sticking out on the sides of her face. The way she dressed. The way she sits, like she's eating in her own house. He caught a glimpse of the food she was eating on the table. A weird combination of orange juice and oatmeal cookies.

 

-flashback-

"Ya, what the heck are you eating?!", Taemin looked at Haerin disgustingly as she dipped her oatmean cookies in orange juice. That's right. Orange juice.

"Look all you want, im not giving you any of these tasty grub", she said, taking a huge bite.

"You're the WEIRDEST person ever..=.= I bet you're the only person in the entire world who actually mixes that with THAT."

-end of flashback-

 

He chuckled at the thought, and then looked at her again.

"What are the chances..." Taemin thinks to himself. "That this girl I randomly saw inside a coffee shop in a city 200 miles away from Seoul, would dip her oatmeal cookie in orange jui-

 

 

 

 

She did.

 

 

 

 

 

 

As Haerin finished the last of her food, she got up from her seat and opened the cafe door. She stood there frozen as he saw a guy standing in front of her. She met his familiar eyes and it blinded her. Haerin felt her knees weaken. It was Taemin. Or a hallicunation of Taemin. But he looked so real to be a hallucination. 

She stood there, frozen as she stared at this real or unreal Taemin. She was sure he was an illusion, because he never spoke. His eyes never left hers. It was not a softening gaze but something else. It was as if his eyes were asking her "Are you real?". She slowly told herself, "I must be hallucinating..".

 

Without words, he seized her by the wrist, pulling her against him. He pulled her in his arms so close and tight as if she would disappear from his sight in just a second. Haerin felt the blood pumping in his veins, and the warm breath coming off his lips. His feelings reached above its that he couldnt contain it. Words couldn't even describe what he was feeling at that moment. He couldn't talk because he's afraid that his voice might tremble when he does. He just hugged her tightly and savoured the moment. Taking in as much of her as he can. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

Taemin and Haerin were sitting in the park when she asks out of "curiosity", as she defines it. 

"You probably have a girlfriend now huh?", she asks jokingly.

 

A smile formed in the corner of his mouth as he heard her.

 

"Yeah, im actually about to ask her to be my girlfriend today"

 

"Oh. That's nice.", Haerin felt something sting inside her. She tried to ignoring the strange tightening of her chest and tried her best to sound happy. Haerin cleared . "I bet she's gonna be real happy", i said, accompanied by an awkward laugh.

 

"I know. She's just so perfect. I couldnt think of anyone else to spend my life with"

 

"Cool"

 

 

And just like that, they sat in silence for a few seconds.

 

"So i have a question"

 

"What?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Do you want to try again?"