Bet

100 Days with Mr. Arrogant aka Lee Taemin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWPSJUfIick

 

=Haerin's POV=

I couldn't get myself to sleep tonight. I've tried all the tricks: running around the house, warm bath, herbal tea, counting sheep, but failed miserably. The inicident keeps replaying in my head no matter what i do >< 

He kissed me. 

Kissed me.

Me.

My second kiss. 

 

Gaahh..

I threw myself in bed and covered my face with a big pillow and screamed. As much as i want to think over what happened by myself, i needed someone to talk to. I abruptly sat up from my bed and took out my phone. Maybe if I talk to Minyoung about it, i'd feel a little lighter. So i dialed her number and called her, not knowing what time is it already.

After a few rings, she finally picked up. 

"Yeoboseyo..?", she said in a husky tone.

"Minyoun-ah! It's me Haerin"

"...yahh..do you know what time it is? It's 2:47 in the morning..what do you want"

"Really? Sorry. It's just that..im just sort of confused with something..and i kinda need your advice"

"Confused with?"

"Erm..Taemin.."

"Taemin?? Go ahead, tell me about it!", her voice suddenly went from sleepy to energetic. 

 

I was about to tell her about the incident but i realized i never told her the real reason why me and Taemin became a fake couple in the first place. Well she never really asked. But in order for her to understand my situation, i need to tell her what happened right from the start. So i told her everything, from the time that i killed Taemin's pet Sparky, up to the time he kissed me for the second time. Minyoung kept silent the whole time.

 

"You still there? Are you even listening to me? == "

"Haerin-ah, do you ever watch dramas?"

"I don't see how that relates to my situation now..-__- but no. I dont"

"YAH ARE YOU REALLY THAT STUPID?!", she yelled so loud that i almost dropped my phone. "He LIKES you. Jeez haerin..even some dude in a mental hospital would figure that out. Why are you so dense..== "

I laughed out loud. "HAHAH are you on crack or something? Yeah right. Why would he like me? That's stupid"

"Oh my god haerin..the signs are literally rubbing itself in your face and you don't even see it -__- Aishh..you really are a pabo when it comes to love matters..", she said and i pretended not to hear her. "You don't believe me? Let's have a bet then"

"What bet?"

"If i get you to believe that Taemin really likes you, then you give me Jonghyn oppa's cellphone number"

"That bet won't prove anything! But wait, if i proved that taemin only does these things for the sake of acting like a "real boyfriend", then what do i win?"

"Mmm....i'll treat you spicy rice cakes everyday for a MONTH. But if i win, you HAVE to give me Jonghyun oppa's number!!"

I smirked. "Alright, deal. Get your wallet ready, cause im pretty sure im gonna win that bet!, i said assuringly.

 

After talking to Minyoung, i finally got some sleep as i thought about a month supply of spicy rice cakes coming my way. 

 

---

 

-the next day-

 

I woke up the next morning and did the usual morning routines, and went to school just in time before our first class starts. Minyoung has a different class today, as well as Jinyoung so that leaves me by myself.

Oh crap. I totally forgot, we have that big science test today -__- .As soon as the teacher gave us the test, i stared at my paper. And then i remembered the techniques Taemin taught me when he tutored me the last time. I cant believe i still remember it. 

 

Omo, i ACTUALLY HAVE answers. Normally i'd have no answers at all and doodle at the back of the paper to waste time. After the test, the teacher collected the papers. But dont get your hopes up, Haerin ><

"Class, i'll be posting the results of the test by tomorrow as soon as i finish checking this papers. Good luck. Class dismissed,"

 

-----

-lunch break-

 

I was lining up for food at the cafeteria when someone called my name.

"Haerin!", i turned around to see Minyoung. "Still remember our bet?", she said as she took a tray up a tray for herself.

"Why wouldn't I? You're gonna lose to me and treat me a month-suppy of rice cake :P 

"Psh. Whatever you say", she said and rolled her eyes.

 

As soon as we found an empty table, we sat there and Minyoung slided a piece of paper across to me. I looked at her.

"What's this?"

"Our bet", she smiled.

I looked at her weirdly and took the piece of paper. It was a checklist:

 

TAEMIN CHECKLIST:

made by: Minyoung :)

[QUICK REVIEW: IF YOU LOSE, GIVE ME JONGHYUN'S NUMBER. IF YOU WIN, I'LL TREAT YOU SPICY RICE CAKES EVERYDAY FOR A MONTH.]

O Skinship

O Establishes mutual interest

O Teases you

O Lingering eye contact

O Not mentioning other girls

O Carries on conversation

O Shows Concern

 

and the list goes on..==

"Make up a reason for you and Taemin to go to the mall or something and bring that checklist. Observe him carefully and check for those signs. If he did all those things in that paper then I win. But if he missed even at least one, then you win. AND DONT YOU DARE CHEAT!"

 

Remind me why did I even agree to this bet again? Or right..for food. 

 

----

 

-after school-

I've been staring at my phone for almost 5 minutes. 

"Aishh... why is this so hard??", i whined to myself. 

Although i have his number on my phone, i never dared to call him. Not once.  ><

 

Whatever. I'll do it. Just think of the prize. SPICY RICE CAKES. SPICY RICE CAKES. 

Besides, I can handle this. It's just a stupid checklist..

 

---

 

=3rd Person's POV=

Taemin and the guys were in just hanging out in the dorm cause they didn't have anyting on their scheduled today. His hyungs were talking to him but he just blanked out cause he kept thinking about what happened yesterday and how he couldn't control his feelings. 

"Taemin"

..

"Yah, Taemin-ah"

...

"YAH LEE TAEMIN!!" Onew yelled and made Taemin snap out of his daze.

 

=Taemin's POV=

"Huh, what?"

"It's YOUR TURN T-T ", Onew yelled.

 

Oh yeahh, i'm playing snakes and ladders with Onew hyung..== I was about to roll the dice when my phone rang.

 

Loverholic, Robotronic Loverholic, robotronic..

 

I hope it's not that creepy fangirl who got hold of my number again -__- I lazily got my phone and checked who it was.

 

=Onew's POV=

Jeez. Taemn's no fun to play with..It's like playing Solitaire with some dude who just woke up from a coma =.=

He was about to roll the dice when his phone rang.

 

Loverholic, Robotronic Loverholic, robotronic..

 

He lazily took his phone and looked at the screen. His eyes widened. 

 

"HYUNG IS THIS FOR REAL??", he blurted out, his eyes still wide open and glued to the screen. "AM I DREAMING??"

 

"Who calle-

 

"She never calls me before..", he muttered, not even interested to what i have to say.

 

He cleared his throat and answered the phone.

"What?", he said coolly. What happened to that spazzy Taemin i just witnessed a while ago..-__-

 

 

=Haerin's POV=

"What?"

"Uh..it's just that..Minyoung was supposed to come with me to the mall today but she suddenly got sick"

"So?"

"So can you maybeacompanymetothemallandbuysomethingsforourschoolproject? Haha..", i quickly said nervously.

I just hope he doesn't understand any of that and just say yes ><

 

"Yah Kim Haerin, is this just some dumb excuse so you could go on a date with me? If so, then alright. I dont have anything to do anyway. Ill pick you up at your house then"

 

"WHAT NO. I TOLD YOU IT'S A SCHO-

 

*beep* *beep* *beep* *beep*

 

 

---

A/N: Last update on the last day of christmas break. TT^TT I DONT WANNA GO TO SCHOOL YET...AKJHEWFLKAHEWDLHAEF I CANT WAIT FOR SUMMER VACATION >< 

BTW, remember Minyoung? She's the friend of Haerin, although her last appearance was like chapters ago. i hope you remembered xD