It All Started with Sparky

100 Days with Mr. Arrogant aka Lee Taemin

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh0eWvdb8wQ <== listen while reading ^^

 

=Haerin’s POV=

 

“KIM HAE RIN. You failed Math and Geography. AGAIN.”

 

Mr. Park massaged his temples and closed his eyes. I can’t believe I have to go through this again..

 

“Aigoo…I can’t have a student repeatingly fail my class! Not only will you clean the school hallways, but I will also see you in detention EVERYDAY after class and make you work on word problems and multiple geography questions! Arasseo?”

“Ne…”,

“Good. If you don’t want to be punished because of your laziness, then study harder. If you’re grades go up, I’ll let you go. You’re dismissed.” he said, leaving the room first. 

 

I shot him a nasty look as he went farther away. If he only knew how much I have to go through everyday: 

   - go to school early in the morning

   - work part-time at some low-paying coffee shop to help pay off my dad’s debts after his business failed

   - get chased around by annoying loan sharks

   - and study for school late at night

 

I grabbed my bag and went straight to the coffee shop to start my shift. Before I could even start, my boss interrupted me.

 

“Hyojin-ah!”

“Ne, boss?”

“Don’t take orders for today! I have something special for you to do”

“Huh? And what’s that?”

“Wait here!”

 

He went off to get something and came back with a small bird cage, or so I think it is. There was a bird inside, well duh.

 

"Meet Sparky. A customer asked me if he can leave Sparky here for a while while he buys something at the grocery store next door. Pets aren’t allowed there remember? “

“And what does that have to do with me not taking orders from customers?”

“Well I was kinda hoping you would take care of this guy instead. The owner said he’ll come back in a few minutes. Besides, he gave me money and I can’t say no to that, right? Anyway, if you see a young guy, probably about the same age as you are, wearing a grey beanie and black shades, then give this back to him. I’m not gay or anything, but man is he gorgeous...”, he said and mumbled the last part.

 

He handed me the birdcage. 

“Wait I don’t even kno-

 

Before I could argue, he left and went to serve the customers. I took the cage with me and sat in an empty table.

“So you’re Sparky, huh?”, I asked the bird. Its pretty colors was just so attractive that I HAD to touch it. Well, either that or I was just really bored.  I opened the cage and tried to its feathers. I haven’t even dropped a finger on it when it suddenly froze and hang upside down from the small branch where it stood. Its eyes were closed as well. 

 

OH CRAP. 

OH HELL NO. 

 

Being the stupid person that I am, i got the bird with my hand and tried to pump its heart. Still not moving. 

HFJDSEFLAEFUHUFEGSH THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENNG TO ME. WAKE UP YOU STUPID BIRD, WAKE UP!!

I was so busy trying to bring Sparky back to life that I didn’t realize a guy was watching me from behind.

 

“YA!”

I was THIS close to falling of my chair, but I happen to balance myself luckily. I stood up and turned around to see a guy wearing a grey beanie. 

 

 

=Taemin’s POV=

 

I just bought a a new pack of banana milk from the store and came back to the coffee shop to fetch Onew’s bird, Sparky, that he told me to return back to the pet store near here. I don’t blame him for returning the bird. All it does was to play dead and make annoying noises everytime me and my hyungs attempt to talk. I asked the manager where Sparky was and he pointed me to a girl sitting at a random table nearby.  

As I went closer, I noticed that Sparky just did the “im dead” trick on her. A smirk slowly crept on my face. It’s the last time I’ll see Sparky play a trick on anyone, so it wouldn’t hurt playing along would it?

 

“YA! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO SPARKY??”,I said, pretending to sound worried.

 

 She almost jumped out of shock and turned around to face me. That’s weird. She doesn’t have that same look I get from all of my fans when they see me. Oh yeahh, im wearing a disguise...that figures. 

 

“Don’t blame me! I barely touched it when it suddenly froze like a popsicle stick”, she said, defending herself, although I can hear the tension in her voice. 

“Well you think it just froze for no apparent reason?”

 

She didn’t say anything yet. By the look in her face, i can tell she’s trying to think of a good comeback at me.

 

“Fine. I-I’ll pay you then” she said, holding back.

I scoffed. “Do you even know how much that costs?”

“I dunno, maybe around twent-

“300 000 won [$300]”

“MWO? 300 000 WON FOR A BIRD??”

 

Actually it only costs 30000 won [$30] and it’s just some random domestic bird that Onew bought a couple days ago. I guess she wasn’t familiar to that bird.

 

“Well duh. That’s a one of a kind uh, uh,,Golden…tropical Venomoth. What do you expect?”

YES I KNOW. IT’S A POKEMON. It’s hard to think of a fake, and sophisticated bird name on the spot, you know.

 

 You know that weird moment when you suddenly find yourself blanking out to someone's face? Oh god it's happening to me right now..

I cleared my throat and broke off my glance to prevent myself from staring at her face even more.

 

“Pay up”, I said and held out my hand to her

"You expect me to pay you 300000 won on the spot?" 

She glared at me and cursed under her breath. 

 

“OMO! OVER THERE! IT’S EMMA WATSON!!”, she pointed behind me

OMGNOWAY. I quickly turned around to see my celebrity crush but I didn’t see her.. 

“YAH!”, I turned back to see her already ditching me and Sparky. As she exited the coffee shop, she looked back at me, stuck her tongue out at me, and left. 

 

I should probably be pissed but for some weird reason, i'm not. I actually found her dorky attempt of ditching me kinda cute. She’s different from other girls that I’ve met. She didn’t squeal nor did she faint when she saw me. Usually, girls would easily see through my disguise but not her. I hope she didn’t notice how I keep blanking out cause her face was distracting me 

 

"Let’s get you back to the pet store, Sparky”. I said and carried the birdcage. I whistled and Sparky came back to life. Can’t believe that girl didn’t figure it out.

I was about to leave when I saw a messenger bag resting on a chair where the girl sat a while ago. I checked the bag and inside were a couple of schoolbooks, crumpled pieces of paper, and a list of Starcraft cheats and unlockables. Is this really hers? I can’t even find a single “girly girl” item in here…like a comb or a mirror or something. And then I saw a pink wallet. No money inside, but there were some pictures. I saw a selca of a pretty girl holding out a peace sign. Yep, that’s her alright. And then I saw her school ID.

 

“Kim Haerin, huh”, I smirked and said to myself.