Meeting Hyunmin's dad

Your T Y P I C A L Rich Boy

I walked in to my house and Mika was laying on the couch watching TV.

 

“Welcome home,” he greeted. I smiled an acknowledged him.

 

“Hello, How was your day?” I asked. He smirked and finally turned to look at me.

 

“Pretty good but obviously not as good as yours,” He teased. I shrugged and nodded.

 

“Well I guess…” I mumbled. He laughed knowing full well that it had to do with Hyunmin. I was surprised that he didn’t tease me, but I wasn’t pushing for it either. That night I went to sleep peacefully.

 

[Next Day]

 

I got up to my brother shaking me.

 

“Bwo ya… what’s so urgent you have to wake me up right now?” I questioned. However, it didn’t seem like Mika was playing around.

 

“Hyunmin’s dad is here to see you,” He told me. I immediately sat up as he said that.

 

“Are you serious?” I questioned, rubbing the eye crusts out of my eyes. He nodded.

 

“Yeah you need to hurry down,” Mika warned me. I nodded and rushed to look decent and head down to meet him.

 

“Hello sir,” I greeted him as I saw him. He stood up and passed towards the exit.

 

“Let’s go young lady. I need to talk to you,” He answered. I nodded and followed him out quickly. I was worried. When we arrived at what looked like a fancy looking restaurant we were readily seated and handed menus.

 

“So you are Hyunjae,” He spoke finally as we looked at our menus.

 

“Yes sir. It’s nice to meet you,” I spoke. He eyed me up and down and shook his head.

 

“I know you are an incredibly intelligent and independent young lady.” He started. I nodded urging him to go on. “I’m also aware that my son is very fond of you.” Once again all I could do was nod. “Still, I would rather he marry the young lady I have set for him.” He added. I sighed heavily.

 

“Sir, I understand that as a parent it is your concern as to what is best for your son. I, however, don’t have any intention on leaving him.” I told him. His chuckled lightly.

 

“A bold one I see.” He commented. I nodded.

 

“How about I propose a proposal,” He started. “You let Hyunmin date the girl I have prepared for him for a year. If he still insists on being with you, I won’t get in the way.” I shook my head.

 

“No sir, this is more than just about my pride. Sure I would like to say yes because deep down I think Hyunmin cares about me like I do about him. However, I need to consider Hyunmin. It’s not fair for me to take a decision that will affect the both of us,” I answered logically. Once again he chuckled.

 

“Now I’m sure you’re an intelligent young lady.” He told me. I smiled lightly at him. I really didn’t know where this was headed, but I knew that I wasn’t going to let him take advantage of me.

 

“I’ll tell you what young lady. I’ll give you 2 years. I’ll see if you two progress and if I feel that you have what it takes to be the wife of the next heir I’ll let you two be. Now, that doesn’t mean you’re home free. I will be testing you along the way, just to make sure.” He informed me. I nodded in understanding.

 

“That seems fair,” I commented. Then he closed his menu and put it on the table.

 

“Now, I don’t know about you but I could go for some deokbokki,” He said, his character transforming right before my eyes. I only chuckled and nodded.

 

I didn’t where my relationship with Hyunmin’s dad was headed. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t worried. I was just hoping that maybe everything could go just right.


So this was kinda a weird chapter for me to write. Still it's showing progression. This whole AFF thing is worrying me bc I seem to have completely lost one of my oneshots but well... i'll wait to see if it magically appears later on ^^; Anyways thanks for reading~ til next time ^^ Pyong~!