Let me be real with you

Your T Y P I C A L Rich Boy

Enjoy!


After school I decided to call up Karam to see what he was up to.

 

“Yoboseyo?” He answered his phone.

 

“Hey Karamie what are you doing today?” I asked.

 

“Umm I’m going to my aunt’s friend’s house today. I’m not excited but I hear she’s a great cook,” Karam responded. I sighed.

 

“Awh… man I was hoping we could hang out. I guess I’ll call Onew and see what he is up to,” I said. I heard him chuckle on the other side.

 

“Sorry… I’ll see you later okay, my aunt needs me to do something.” He said.

 

“Okay works for me. I’ll see you around bye,” I said hanging up the phone. Before I could call Onew, someone grabbed my phone out of my hand.

 

“Who are you trying to call,” an irritating voice asked. I turned and glared at Hyunmin.

 

“Can you please give me my phone,” I declared. He smirked at me holding my phone above my head.

 

“Is this what you want?” he questioned. I rolled my eyes and tried to grab my phone, but I was at a clear height disadvantage.

 

“Do you enjoy toying with me so much that you can’t stand the fact that I might actually like to spend my time with other people?” I asked. He smiled at me.

 

“Maybe it’s not toying with you… maybe I just like you,” He told me, grinning and playing around with my phone. I could swear my heart skipped a beat.

 

“ha ha very funny. What are you doing with my phone?” I asked. He was punching something in my phone and then I heard a different ring tone go off.

 

“I was getting your number of course. You can’t go to Daegu with out giving me your number. I’ll get too bored,” He responded. I sighed.

 

“Can I just have my phone back? I wanted to call Onew and see if we could spend time together,” I told him. Then I saw him place my phone inside his jacket pocket.

 

“Spend the day with me,” he stated shortly. My eyes almost popped out of their sockets when he said that.

 

“You want to spend time with me? Are you okay?” I questioned, looking at him closely.

 

“Yes… I want to spend time with you. I’ll give you back your phone if you promise to spend time with me,” He shot back, not looking at me in the eye. I cocked my head sideways analyzing him. I didn’t know what had gotten over Hyunmin, but somehow I knew I wasn’t getting out of it.

 

“Araso I promise to spend the day with you if you give me my phone back,” I repeated. He took my phone out of his pocket and handed it to me. I grabbed it and placed it in my pocket. “So what exactly do you have planned?” I wondered. I really don’t know what we would do alone.

 

“Let’s go get some ice cream, my treat.” He said grabbing my hand. I’ll admit I started blushing when he did that, but I think it was because of the shock not because I liked him right? Little did I know that when he said ice cream he meant gourmet ice cream? You know the kind, the ones served in a glass bowls and decorated with intricate chocolate lattice.

 

“Gourmet ice cream? Why are you doing this?” I asked. He shrugged.

 

“I guess you can call it an apology for teasing you so much. Don’t get the wrong idea though. Just because I’m apologizing for teasing you so much does not mean that I won’t keep doing it.” He cleared for me. I raised my eyebrow at him.

 

“So what’s the point of apologizing?” I asked. He grinned and ordered the ice cream for us.

 

“I guess just for my conscience,” He replied. I shrugged and went along with it. After all he was treating me with ice cream. When this ice cream got to our table it was almost too beautiful to eat. Almost, but I gladly dug my spoon in to the bowl taking some of the creamy substance and savoring the sweet flavor. Gourmet ice cream was delicious. “Do you like it?” He asked, not even touching his bowl. I nodded.

 

“It’s delectable,” I commented, joking. He smiled and took a spoonful of his dessert as well.

 

“In all honesty though… Hyunjae, I am going to miss you. Life won’t be as fun with you around,” He confessed. I could tell by the tone of his voice that he was being sincere.

 

“Aish you make it seem like I’m leaving forever. I’m just leaving for a while. I’ll be back,” I assured him. He merely smiled in my direction.

 

“I know but it’s funny how annoying you has actually become such a big part of my life,” He joked. I chuckled.

 

“Yeah well I guess spitting words at you every day is also something I look forward to everyday,” I told him. We both shared at genuine laugh with each other. I liked this feeling I was having. I didn’t know how to explain it or even really understand what it was, but I liked it.

 

“I think… I might actually miss you too Hyunmin,” I confessed. He shot a bright smile at me. “What?” I questioned.

 

“You called me Hyunmin,” He explained. I shrugged.

 

“So you called me Hyunjae,” I shot back.

 

“Touché,” He replied. Hyunmin… you are one interesting character.