Secrets Unraveled

Your T Y P I C A L Rich Boy

 

I thanked Hyunmin for taking me home. He seemed very happy but I did arrive home later than usual.

 

“Yah Hyun jae… why are you so late?” My brother immediately scolded. I sighed heavily knowing that this was coming.

 

“Sorry… Hyunmin just seemed to be having some troubles and I went to comfort him.” I answered.

 

“Troubles? Are you causing him trouble already?” Mika questioned. I glared at him and shook my head.

 

“No… he said it was a family issue. Plus I was curious about that girl Haejin so y’know we had a lot to talk about.” I explained. He nodded in understanding.

 

“So he told you about Haejin?” Mika wondered. I nodded.

 

“Yeah… pretty much,” I answered. Mika’s eyes widened slightly.

 

“Uwa… Chincha? And you’re okay with their arranged marriage?” Mika asked. I felt my heart stop.

 

“Arranged marriage? I know you’re not talking about Hyunmin,” I shot at Mika. He looked away quickly.

 

“Oh… boy,” Mika mumbled. I breathed heavily and walked out of the house. Hyunmin had a lot of explaining to do.

 

[At Hyunmin’s Home]

 

I stood outside trying to see if there was a way for me to sit in. I knew that I could get in if I called up Hyunmin, but this was recognizance mission. I wanted to find out what else he was hiding. I walked around the fence of his house to see if I could find somewhere to climb but the only place I found was by a tree and I definitely was not going to risk my body like that.

 

“You looking for something?” Someone asked. I turned and found a guy around my age. I quickly shook my head.

 

“No… nothing.” I lied. The young man merely chuckled at me.

 

“Really? That’s not what it looked like to me.” He joked. I sighed and looked down at my feet.

 

“Alright alright you caught me. I was trying to sneak in to my boyfriend’s house to see if he was cheating on me.” I answered bluntly. The young man’s smile slowly disappeared.

 

“Oh sorry to hear that… I’m Sandeul by the way,” he introduced himself. I smiled and shook the hand that out stretched to me.

 

“I’m Hyunjae it’s nice to meet you,” I greeted him. It was awkward at first, but soon we started walking around the neighborhood and I forgot the whole reason why I was here in the first place.

 

“So I’ve never seen you around. You another rich kid?” I asked. He shook his head.

 

“Actually… my mom died not too long ago so I’m now living with my wealthy aunt,” He told me. My eyes widened.

 

This kid has a lot more in common with me than I thought.

 

“Wow… that sounds a lot like my story,” I confessed. He smiled brightly at me and slung his arm over my shoulder.

 

“So does that make you my first new friend?” He questioned. I smiled and nodded.

 

“Sure… friends,” I answered. This kid was cheerful and very different from the way I was when I first came to live here. Still he probably lived a nice life with a nice family. In a strange way I was happy that we were getting to know each other. I thought… if anyone was going to understand me it would be him.

 

I felt reassured. Sandeul and I walked back to where we met each other and just then I saw Haejin walking out of Hyunmin’s estate with her parents. I pulled Sandeul back as I watched them interact with each other shortly. I’ll admit. I was heartbroken, but I stood there and Sandeul seemed conflicted as to what to do.

 

“Um… you okay?” Sandeul finally asked. I sighed and look down at my feet.

 

“I don’t know… I’m just… going home,” I started walking. I didn’t expect Sandeul to follow me. Despite not saying goodbye Sandeul followed me home.

 

“I don’t really know what is going on but I would feel guilty if something happened to you on your way home.” He insisted. I smiled thinly at him and continued walking. I couldn’t help but wonder…

 

Did Hyunmin ever like me?

 

Did he always know that he was going to marry Haejin?

 

Did he ever even care?

 


 

I would like to apologize... I know i said i would update more but i've been dealing with school and some family issues but i will do my best to keep updating ^^ thanks to my commentees i love you guys <3 and my lovely subbies for being there for me despite everything ^^ <3 you guys are awesome! Til next time pyong!