Nothing but a tease...

Your T Y P I C A L Rich Boy

 

When it became late, Jay left home. However, Hyunmin remained at the house.

 

“Aren’t you going home?” I asked him, after Jay left.

 

“Nope I’m spending the night again.” He answered me. I groaned as soon as he said that.

 

“Why?” I asked. He smirked at me.

 

“Because I know that it annoys you,” He stated. I rolled my eyes and headed up to my room. As soon as I logged in to my computer I saw a message from Karam.

 

Karami3: Hey go out to your garden swing!

 

I immediately closed the window and decided to head down to the garden.

 

“Going somewhere?” Mika asked, as he saw me head towards the back door.

 

“I’m just going to get some fresh air. Don’t lock the door okay,” I responded. He nodded and walked over to the living room where he and Hyunmin were hanging out.

 

As soon as I got to the swing I spotted a familiar figure.

 

“Karam?” I questioned out loud. As I neared the figure I found that it was Karam. He smiled at me and greeted me with his arms wide open.

 

“My aunt lives near so I decided maybe we could just sit and chat.” Karam suggested. I nodded and gestured for us to sit down on the two person swing.

 

“So what is on your mind Karamie?” I asked, calling him by his pet name. He chuckled at me.

 

“Nothing. It’s just weird being so far from home. Is this how you felt when you first got here?” He asked me. I smiled and nodded. I could understand his homesickness. Seoul and Daegu are definitely not the same place.

 

“Yeah, it was really hard for me. I used to cry a lot when I first got here. Then as time went on I got accustomed to how living is here. Still I don’t think I really belong, but I’ve been here so long I guess it’s the closest thing to home I have.” I confessed. Karam scoffed at me.

 

“You can’t say your family doesn’t love you. They care about you… I can see it in their eyes.” Karam commented.

 

“I know they do. Still… I know it’s weird after so much time, but I can’t seem to let go of what happened to my parents. I feel like there is something that is left undone.” I told him. Karam looked at me curiously.

 

“What do you mean?” He asked. I shrugged.

 

“I feel regret for not seeing their graves and not saying a formal goodbye to them. I feel bitter because I didn’t get to see the face of the guy who killed my parents go to jail. Most of all I feel like I ran away from it all. I feel like I didn’t actually face what happened to my parents.” I explained to him. Karam hugged me.

 

“You were younger. You didn’t have a choice back then. You were only able to do what you were told.” Karam assured me. I sighed, feeling tears threatening to fall.

 

“Karamie… maybe I should go back to Daegu…with you. Y’know to finally seal the deal,” I suggested to him. Karam let go of the hug and looked at me with an expression full of shock.

 

“Are you sure? You know you don’t have to do this.” Karam shot back. I shook my head. This who situation has been alive in me for too long, it was time I faced it.

 

“I need to do this for myself and for my future. I can’t move on if I can’t face it.” I explained. Karam merely shrugged at me.

 

“Well if you are up for it…I don’t see a problem with you going back home with me.” He replied. I smiled at him.

 

“Thanks… now all I have to do is tell my parents and Mika. Hopefully they will understand why I want to do this.” I thought out loud. Karam looked up at the sky as if looking up for answers.

 

“I don’t see why they would disagree with it. Plus this is your new parents we are talking about. They love you too much to disagree.” Karam told me. I chuckled and we went in through the night talking about different things. I found out that Karam and Onew were quite the talk of the town. I also found that Karam took up a hobby of dancing. He showed me a couple of moves and I would definitely say that he was good at it. Before we knew it, it was already one in the morning.

 

“It’s kind of late. Are you sure you don’t want to stay here?” I suggested, as he walked towards the exit of the garden. He smiled at me and nodded.

 

“It’s okay. I don’t want my aunt to worry. Plus, I don’t live too far from here.” Karam assured me. Still I shook my head.

 

“How about my driver takes you home? I would feel better if you went home that way.” I told him. He smiled and sighed at me.

 

“Well if it’ll get you off my back… fine. Call the driver.” He told me. I giggled and called the driver through the P.A system in our house. As soon as I saw him get in to the car, I walked in to the house feeling different. I felt lighter…like I was finally beginning to accept what had happened.

 

“Did you have fun talking to your friend,” A voice asked from the kitchen, scaring me. I looked over and shot a glare at Hyunmin.

 

“Geez… scare the life out of me why don’t you,” I scolded. He chuckled and offered me some water.

 

“You’re looking happier. What happened out there?” He asked. I shrugged. I looked around for Mika.

 

“Where is Mika?” I asked, ignoring his questioned. He pointed at the couch. My brother was sound asleep. I smiled at my brother’s sleeping figure.

 

“So are you going to answer my question?” He asked again. I took a seat on a kitchen barstool. .

 

“I just spent sometime with my friend… no biggie.” I answered. I looked at his seemingly frustrated figure. “Why are you so curious?” I questioned. I watched him take a sip of water. He took a deep breath before answering me.

 

“I-I don’t know… I was just curious,” He stated, as if he was being cautious with his words. We sat in silence until he spoke up again. “What does Jay have that I don’t?” He questioned me, suddenly.

 

“What do you mean?” I asked him. He shook his head and sat down in a bar stool next to me.

 

“You just… get along with him better than me.” He muttered. I smiled over at him.

 

“What are you telling me you’re jealous?” I . He shook his head rapidly. Call me crazy, but I’m pretty sure I saw him blush.

 

“N-no why would I be jealous of a girl like you?” He replied. I laughed. Then, I kissed his cheek. I just wanted to see how he would react.

 

“Consider your shock pay back for scaring me,” I , getting off the bar stool and heading towards my room. However, I felt his hand grab my wrist and twirl me around. Before I could even react or say anything, He swiftly placed lips on mine. Seconds later I was greeted by his smirk.

 

“This is how the rich boy does pay back.” He rebutted, winking at me. I wiped my lips and shoved him off of me.

 

“I’ll get you back,” I threatened him, feeling my heart beat a million times per second. I walked in to my room and plopped myself down on my bed. I stared up at my ceiling.

 

What was that?....What just happened?