Homesick...

Your T Y P I C A L Rich Boy

sorry I haven't updated in a while... but please enjoy the update!


You would think after my interactions with Hyunmin we would be much friendlier towards each other. Well you would think wrong. The next day at school was hell.

 

“Hey poor girl what’s hangin?” Hyunmin asked, in a joking manner.

 

“Just leave me alone…” I muttered walking to class. Lately, I’ve been having dreams about my past. These dreams weren’t about m parent’s death. These dreams were about me playing with my friends and old games that we used to play. These dreams I’ve had…made me peculiarly sad. 

 

“What’s wrong? Someone called you ugly?” Hyunmin pushed on, still joking.

 

“Hyunmin…shut up,” I said, glaring daggers at him. I quickly went in to my classroom and sat down at my desk.

 

“Yah… what’s your problem?” He asked, unsure of what to say.

 

“You are my problem… now go away,” I quickly shot at him, and opened one of my textbooks to take notes. Hyunmin quickly sat down at his desk. I could tell that he was curious as to what was wrong. I just didn’t feel like explaining to him my life story. I wasn’t ready to tell anyone who didn’t already know about it. He didn’t ask anything else because class started.

 

I went through the rest of the day pretty much silently. Even when Hyunmin picked on me I really didn’t have much of a reaction. I kept thinking about my friends and what they might be doing. I hoped that maybe we could spend time together like we used to. However, the more I thought about it realistically the less likely I thought we would actually spend time together.

 

After school I met up with my brother at his car.

 

“Hey Mika,” I greeted him. He smiled at me as he opened the car.

 

“Hey yourself, how’ve you been? I heard you haven’t been yourself today,” He asked. I could tell his concern by the look on his face. I looked at him questionably.

 

“Who told you that?” I asked, wondering who could have ever shown so much concern over me that they told Mika.

 

“Don’t tell him I told you, but Hyunmin told me. He asked me if I knew why you were acting off. I told him I really didn’t know why. Then I took the opportunity to observe you around school. You do seem off. Is something wrong?” He asked again, his concern more apparent. I shook my head trying to shake it off.

 

“Look don’t worry. I guess I feel a little homesick is all,” I answered semi-truthfully. He took off with the car and he continued to glance at me.

“If you feel that badly you can go back and visit your hometown if you want.” Mika suggested. I shook my head against it.

 

“No its okay…”I answered him, “I’ll be fine just let me have some time to myself. I’ll be fine.” I answered him, looking out at the scenery. There wasn’t anything particularly interesting about the scenery, but for some reason I never got tired of seeing the same sights over and over again.

 

“Are you sure?” He asked again, glancing at me. I nodded.

 

“I’m fine,” I assured him again. Then it got silent. Suddenly Mika chuckled lightly. “What’s so funny?” I asked him. He merely shook his head and smiled at the road.

 

“I think Hyunmin has a crush on you,” Mika commented. My eyes almost shot out of their sockets.

 

“What?! What could ever give you that idea? All that guy ever does is pick on me and call me names.” I answered

 

“Well…Hyunmin has never mentioned a girl as much as he has mentioned you. I think you interest him. Which is funny because a girl has never interested Hyunmin,” Mika told me. I furrowed my eyebrows together and quite believing his theory.

 

“Well if he had a crush on me he sure has a funny way of showing it,” I replied trying to convince him out of it.

 

“Hn… well you know some guys just don’t know how to show that special girl that they are special,” Mika told me, wiggling his eyebrows at me as we pulled in to our house. I rolled my eyes back at him.

 

“You’re insane,” I answered him. He laughed. I got out of the car and got my bag from the trunk of Mika’s car. I immediately checked my phone and found a missing call from Karam. I dialed his number ASAP.

 

“Yoboseyo?” Karam answered after a couple rings.

 

“Hey you called me. What’s the dealio?” I asked. I could hear him chuckle and a familiar voice in the background.

 

“Is that Onew?” I questioned, thinking that I heard his voice. I could hear Karam laugh even more.

 

“Yeah well… I’m here in the city. My aunt wanted me to come down here to visit and so I’ll be here for a while. I ran in to Onew and I thought maybe we should hang out like old times,” He told me. I tried to hide it but I couldn’t help but let a giant grin escape.

 

“Yeah sure! Where are you guys at?” I asked. I was excited to see the guys again.

 

“Well right now we were filling out some papers for my school but we were thinking about going to get something to eat later. How about you meet us up at the park at 7?” He asked. I couldn’t help the giddy feeling that was rising up in me.

                                                                                                                    

“Yeah definitely! I will meet you guys at the park,” I told him.

 

“Alright see you soon!” He exclaimed. 

 

“Alrighty! Bye!” I answered closing my phone. I saw Mika looking at me strangely.

 

“So two seconds ago you were all sad and now you’re excited. Care to explain what just happened?” Mika asked as we went in the house.

 

“Oh well Karam just called and he said that he is here and that he wants to hang out later with Onew.” I explained. He simply nodded.

 

“Well that’s nice,” He answered. I rolled my eyes at him and dashed for my room. My parents were at work late today so for the most part as long as Mika knew where I was going and I didn’t come home too late I knew it would be okay for me to go out.

 

I was wondering what I should wear to go see my friends. I immediately went through my closet and found something decent to wear. Then there was a knock at my door.

 

“Hey Hyun Jae your brother told me to ask you…” I turned to face the voice and found Hyunmin.

 

“What did my brother want you to ask me?” I asked him. He looked at me curiously.

 

“Are you going somewhere?” He asked. I nodded.

 

“Yeah I’m going out with some friends.” I told him, while fixing the hem of my sweater.

 

“Friends? What friends?” He commented. I rolled my eyes at him and grabbed my bag.

 

“Ha ha very funny… now what was it that Mika needed?” I asked once again.

 

“Oh he wanted to know if you were going to stay for dinner.” Hyunmin informed me. I shook my head.

 

“Nah tell him I’ll come back and eat later.” I informed him, “By the way… why are you here?” I wondered. He merely shrugged.

 

“I came to hang out with Mika,” He simply said turning away. I shrugged and headed for the front door.

“I’m leaving Mika!” I yelled, as I opened the door.

 

“Be careful!” He yelled back. I closed the door and immediately walked towards the train station.

 

[At the Park.]

 

I sat down at one of the swings and waited for a while. I looked up at the sky and took in a big whiff of the air. This was something that felt right. I was excited to see my friends. It made me feel much better knowing that we could spend some time together.

 

“Hey are you just going to sit there or are you going to say hi?” A voice said and I looked up to see Karam.

 

“Karamie!,” I greeted hugging him. He chuckled and hugged me back.

 

“Yah I know you saw me a couple day ago but I need love too,” Onew said from behind me. I happily went and gave him a hug.

 

“Y’know something guys… I’ve been dreaming about hanging out with you guys.” I told them. They both laughed.

 

“Well I feel honored,” Onew joked. I playfully hit his shoulder.

 

“Awh how cute you missed us,” Karam teased, while pinching my cheeks. I softly elbowed his abdomen.

 

“So what are we going to do you guys?” I asked, not really sure what we were meeting up for.

 

“Let’s go pig out at the food stands,” Onew suggested. We all grinned and looked at each other.

 

“Ready,” Onew announced.

 

“Set,” I added.

 

“GO!,” Karam declared. We all took off dashing towards the food stands.

 

“Last one there pays!” I yelled as we all ran almost in a straight line. In the end Karam had to pay. We ate tons and then walked around the park to “Walk it off”. I got Onew to sing for us and Karam topped it off with a dance. At the end of the day Karam walked me home.

 

“We should do this again soon,” Karam suggested as we approached the front porch of our house.

“Definitely… just text me and we can do this again,” I told him. He hugged me and I went in to the house. I felt so much better than I had earlier today.

 

“So was that the Karam kid you always talk about?” a familiar voice that I recognized as, Hyunmin questioned.

 

“Uhh yeah… why are you still here?” I asked since it was 9 pm.

 

“I’m going to spend the night.” He told me. For some reason he seemed to be a bit upset. “You look like you feel better.” He noted, glancing at me. I nodded.

 

“Yeah, I had a great time,” I said. Mika soon came in to the living room.

 

“Hey did you have a good time with the guys?” Mika asked, taking a seat next to Hyunmin.

 

“Yeah it made me feel better.” I answered. It got silent so I decided to go up to my room. I couldn’t really figure out why there was such an awkward atmosphere when I got home. When I got changed I decided to go and brush my teeth, I heard Mika and Hyunmin talking.

 

“So you came over to see if my sister was okay? Y’know Hyunmin if I didn’t know better I would say you liked my sister,” Mika said. I heard some shuffling.

 

“I don’t like your sister… I was just worried that I was being overly mean and that I might have actually hurt her feelings,” He answered. I could hear Mika chuckle.

 

“Since when have you cared about another girl’s feelings?” My brother questioned. It got silent and I decided to go brush my teeth.

 

Does that mean Hyunmin has some sort of feelings for me? I shook it off and continued to brush my teeth…nahh…


Thanks for reading guys! I hope you guys enjoyed it