Resolution

Your T Y P I C A L Rich Boy

When I arrived in Daegu the first thing I wanted to do was go see my parent’s graves.

 

“Are you sure honey? It’s starting to get dark outside. You can always go tomorrow,” Karam’s mother told me. I shook my head.

 

“No I really do want to go. Please, let me go see them,” I begged. She nodded and we headed towards the cemetery. Karam showed me to their plots. “Can I have a moment alone?” I asked him. He nodded leaving me there.

 

I brushed my fingers over their names. I felt the knot in my throat get bigger and bigger. Tears overflowed out of my eyes and down my cheeks.

 

“Mom… dad, I’m finally here. I’m sorry it took me so long to come see you,” I started. My voice was starting to crack. I took a deep breath and continued. “My family…their great, they take good care of me. My brother Mika is something.”

 

I laughed wiping some tears. “My life isn’t bad. I guess I always felt guilty because I felt I was living the good life and I just went on with out thinking about you guys,” I confessed. I faced the ground and shook my head.

 

“I know it’s not a crime to move on with my life… I’m just scared, that I’ll forget you. I just want you to know I love you two. I hope you will always watch over me.” I took a pause and looked up at both of their names. “Goodbye mom and dad,” I replied. I placed my forehead down between their graves and cried.

 

This is something I needed to do.

 

After my tears died down, I stood up and waved at their graves. I walked over to Karam with a smile on my face.

 

“You okay?” He asked. I nodded.

 

“I feel better. I really can’t explain it,” I told him. He hugged me sideways and squeezed me.

 

“I’m happy for you,” He told me. Then we got in to the car and went over to Karam’s house.

 

“Wash up Hyunjae. I’m going to cook dinner,” She told me. I nodded. I waited in the living room with Karam. He was watching some dancing competition that they were airing on TV.

 

“AHH did you see that Hyunnie! One day I’m going to be a dancer just like that.” He commented. I chuckled.

 

“Somehow I believe that.” I replied. Then I turned back to the TV and I slowly drifted to sleep.

 

“Honey,” A voice called to me. I looked all around and found my mother looking at me.

 

“Mom… is that really you!” I exclaimed. She nodded and took my in to her arms.

 

“Our little girl grew up well,” My father commented from behind her. I rushed to hug him as well.

 

“We are glad that you came down to see us,” My mom replied. I smiled at them.

 

“I needed to come see you.” I told them.

 

“We just want to let you know. You should move on with your life. We’ll always love you and watch out for you. It is time for you to live your life,” My father told me. I smiled, nodded, and kissed his cheek.

 

“And if you need something to remember us by… Karam’s mother will have a picture of us in her photo albums you can keep that,” My mother told me. I nodded and soon their figures started drifting away.

 

“Bye…we are so proud of you and we love you,” They chanted as they disappeared out of sight. I woke up to Karam’s figure.

 

 

“It’s time for dinner,” He informed me. I rubbed my eyes and nodded, heading toward the table. The food that Karam’s mom made was amazing. When I mentioned the picture to her she gladly gave me a picture of my parents. At the end of the day this trip was definitely not in vain. I had to do this. I’m very grateful for all the events that happened. I was ready to return home with a new attitude. My phone vibrated at the end of dinner and I was surprised to find a chain of missed messages.

 

I’d be lying if I told you I didn’t miss you.

I hope you had a great dinner. I also hope

When you sleep at night you dream of me

…bullying you.

 

Missing you


Hyunmin

 


 

Hey Sissy you having a good time in Daegu?

I hope you got to do what you planned on.

It’s lonely here with out you. Come home soon

Okay?

 

Mika


 

YAH! How come I just found out that you went

To Daegu with Karam! Psh… I always knew you

Preferred him to me. X.x what happened to friendly

Love? I wanted to come along. *-* well have a good

Time with out me.

 

Onew


 

Hey it’s me Jay! I stole your number

From Hyunmin’s phone. Come home soon

So we can tease hyung again ^^

 

Jay

 

I laughed reading Onew’s message.

 

“Yah Karam you didn’t tell Onew that I was coming here?” I asked from the guest room. He shook his head.

 

“I guess it slipped my mind. Why didn’t you tell him huh?” He interrogated. I shrugged.

 

“I didn’t see him at all the week before I left,” I explained. Poor Onew… I guess we forgot to tell him.