A sigh of temporary relief

Ideal Types

Changjo's eyes widened for he didn't expect her to actually kiss him. He relaxed into the kiss and shyly wrapped his arms around her waist. Nini gripped his collar, pulling him closer and losing herself in the kiss. This was a form of comfort to her and she greatly appreciated it. Changjo knew that this was what he wanted: to have Nini be his so he could always be there for her. She wouldn't have to hesitate in approaching him or talking to him because he'd always be there, no questions asked. He had no clue why he was instantly attracted to her but all he knew now was all he needed was her. And he was going to make Nini his.

Nini's eyes widened, realizing cameras were probably filming this entire scene. She roughly pulled away from the kiss, placing her hands on Changjo's chest. 

"What's wrong? I'm sorry, did you not want that?" Changjo asked with concern lacing his words. 

Nini stood on her tiptoes to whisper in his ear. "I've never wanted anything more in the world but there's cameras."

Changjo froze at the words, glancing around the room to indeed see 3 cameramen present in the room along with everyone else that lived in the dorm. Nini hadn't noticed the audience until she turned her gaze away from Changjo. Her face immediately flushed. She really wished she had the power to shrink or turn invisible and run away. She hid her face in her hands.

Just then, the door whipped open with a worried Chunji standing in the doorway. Thank God, Nini thought.

"Chunji? What's wrong?" Minsoo asked.

"Has Eun Mi come home?" He asked rather rapidly.

Everyone shook their heads. "Wasn't she with you?" Mi Sun questioned, crossing her arms.

"She was. I don't know what happened though. I told her I'd be right back because I needed to use the restroom and there was a line so I took awhile. When I came back, she was gone. I've tried calling her but her phone goes straight to voicemail." Chunji's eyes were wide with panic. 

"Chunji? Where were you?" Eun Mi crept up behind him in the doorway.

Chunji whipped around and sighed in overwhelming relief. He immediately pulled her into a hug. "Me? Where were you? I went to the bathroom and you were gone."

"I went to the bathroom too then you were gone," she said with a giggle. Ricky cringed at seeing his hyung actually touching that girl. 

Chunji pulled away, resting a hand on her shoulder. "Don't do that to me again. Send me text or something." She smiled.

"Bad timing, you guys just missed a surprising sight," Niel smirked, changing the subject.

Nini wished she could mentally slap Niel. She hid her face in her hands again as Changjo scratched his neck awkwardly. 

"What was it?" Eun Mi asked, glancing at the two that were radiating humiliation. 

Jae walked over to ChangNi with a smug smile, draping her arms around them. "I think we have an official couple in this dorm." The girls of Muzik Scale squealed while the Teen Top members congratulated Changjo with rough pats on the back. 

"Nothing is offical yet..." Nini said quietly. Everyone froze, the awkwardness falling on them like a weight.

"Then make it offical!" Yun said.

Changjo bit his lip, absolutely dreading the audience. He sighed before grabbing a hold of Nini's hand and leading her to his room. Everyone protested but no body followed. Changjo shut his door and locked it, taking a seat on the edge of his bed. Nini shyly took a seat next to him.

"Now that we're alone," he turned to face her and held her hands. "Nini, I really like you. I don't need to repeat the little speech I madde before we kissed so I'll just get to the point. I want you to be my girlfriend." Nini's eyes dialated. The one thing she had wanted her whole trainee life was coming true. "But..."

Nini's expression fell. What was holding him back?

"Sasaengs. When filming, I'll keep my distance, okay? We'll say the kiss was only for show since it's a drama now. I won't stand for you being mistreated so for safety purposes, we won't show any interest on camera. Off camera, you're all mine."

Nini bit her lip, flushing. His last sentence gave her chills. "I'd love to be your girlfriend. Please take of me, oppa." She could see his expression go from shock to joy in a matter of seconds. He cupped her face gently and placed a soft and sweet kiss on her lips. He pulled away with a cute smile.

"Oh! Also, hold on." He reached into his pocket and pull out Nini's phone. She looked at him, wondering how the hell he got her phone.

"What are you doing with that?"

"Jae gave it to me and told me the code. Check this out," he unlocked her phone and opened the twitter app. Nini's stomach flipped. 

"No, please don't go on there."

"Hold on," He typed something into the search box and handed the phone to Nini. She glanced at Changjo for reassurance before she laid eyes on the words in front of her.

"ChangNi has taken over my life"

"New OTP - ChangNi"

"I neED MORE CHANGNI IN THE REALITY DRAMA."

"Why would anyone not ship ChangNi?"

"They're perf together #ChangNi"

Nini found herself smiling wider than she thought she ever could. She still had fans on her side. Sasaengs weren't the dominant side of the fandoms. She could get through this as long as her Musicians and some Angels would stick by her. 

Changjo stared at her, smiling himself. He was so relieved to see her smile and happy for a moment. He couldn't resist so he placed a quick kiss on her cheek. "Smile more," he stated.

Nini felt her cheeks grow warm. "I will now."

There was a knock at the door and Changjo groaned. "What?"

"Is it official?" Niel asked through the door.

"Go away hyung!" 

"Come on out. We have something for you guys"

Nini and Changjo exchanged confused looks but opened the door to follow Niel anyway. Everyone was seated in the livingroom but there was a spot empty on the couch for them to sit. On the coffee table, was a small cake.

"We saw what you recieved earlier..." Hana said quietly towards Nini. Nini's mood immediately dropped, recalling the event.

Jae noticed. "So! We decided you could use some happiness other than calling Changjo your boyfriend now. Minsoo and Mi Sun ran down to the store on the corner to buy this." She winked. 

Nini laughed, her mood brightening. 

"Go ahead and take a bite of the cake. Changjo too." 

With no hesitation, they both leaned forward and next thing they knew, their faces were shoved into the cake. Everyone burst into laughter and whipped out their phones to take pictures and videos.

Nini laughed until her stomach hurt while Changjo took some cake and began throwing it at his hyungs. Niel and Yun had shoved their faces into the cake. 

"Hold on! Kiss! It'll be really cute!" Jae said, getting her phone ready to take a picture. Changjo and Nini shyly leaned in and kissed with cake all over their faces. Jae laughed as she snapped the picture. Then, a full out cake war broke out, completely wrecking the entire livingroom. No one had a care in the world and that was a good thing.

Everything was complete bliss and Nini was at her happiest. 

For Now.