Sacrifices

Ideal Types

"Are you going to do it? Changjo sure wants to," Mi Sun said.

Nini bit her lip. "I really want to since everyone wants it but are the companies okay with it? We have to confront them first."

"Are you kidding me? Just do it! Who cares what the company thinks? This is between you and Changjo." Yun added. 

"I know but we don't know if everyone will approve-"

"Not everyone will approve, Nini. You have to get it out there though," Hana stated.

Out of nowhere, Jae burst into laughter. All the girls snapped their eyes at her, confused. Jae was staring at her phone screen, still laughing.

"What's so funny?" Eun Mi asked. "Are you texting L.Joe or something?"

Jae shook her head and calmed her laughter. "Looks like your boyfriend already decided for you." She passed the phone to Nini. Nini reluctantly accepted it and saw that Changjo had posted a new tweet with #ChangNi and a picture. Nini's eyes widened.

It was the picture Jae captured when Niel and Yun had shoved their faces in cake and they kissed afterwards. Nini put the phone down and hid her face in her hands. "Really?! He didn't even ask me!"

Jae laughed again. "I know. I sent it to him."

"Jae-"

"I didn't give him the idea to post it though! That was all on his own."

Nini sighed and reached for her own phone, planning to cal Changjo about his decision. She quickly dialed his number and he answered on the second ring. "Jagiyah~" He cooed.

"Jonghyun, what did you do?" She wasted no time with greetings.

"You saw it?"

"I'm pretty sure everyone has by now."

He laughed. "Well, I've only gotten positive feedback and I already spoken with our managers. They allowed me to make us public."

Nini squealed in delight and giggled. Changjo laughed along with her. "I'm coming over with the Chunji and L.Joe, okay?"

"Yeah, sure! But the girls and I have to leave at 2. We have a fanmeet today."

"No problem. See you soon~"

"CHANGNI IS REAL!" Jae exclamied, throwing her arms in the arm. The girls cheered and clapped their hands. Nini flushed and hurried to the bathroom to freshen herself up. The boys arrived not too long after, but not how anyone expected.

Chunji stormed in heading straight for Eun Mi. Changjo and L.Joe hurried after him, holding the furious Chunji back. The girls of Muzik Scale surrounded their leader more than bewildered. 

"How could you?!" Chunji growled.

Eun Mi's heart sank. So they had already sent the scandal. She bit her lip, feeling the tears sting at her eyes. She had hoped that he would stay on her side but what was she thinking? Any logical boy would react just as Chunji is.

"What's going on?" Hana asked, somewhat frightened.

"How could you sleep with another guy?! I gave myself to you!" Chunji exclaimed, his voice full of anger and dread. The girls snaped their wide eyes to their leader, obviously shocked and confused to why they hadn't known.

"That's not possible! Eun Mi has been with us the whole time!" Nini countered but her sentence faded out when she remembered Eun Mi had left yesterday to get 'eyeliner.' She had been gone for quite a while. Eun Mi shook her head, a tear spilling down her cheek.

"I didn't! I swear! It's just a rumor! Chunji, please! I wouldn't do that to you. I gave myself to you as well. I'm not like that! Chunji..." 

Nini felt an overwhelming feeling of protection for her unnie. Sure, she had made some mistakes but she knew Eun Mi had strong feelings for Chunji. She wasn't one to sleep around mindlessly. "It has to be a rumor. Chunji oppa, she's really not like that."

"She kissed your boyfriend! I have every right to believe what I've heard!" Chunji retorted. 

Eun Mi took a deep breath. Her voice came out shaky. "Nini, Changjo. It's all my fault you guys couldn't be together. I paid sasaengs to purposely keep you guys apart. I got mad and you know I make the stupidest decisions when I'm angry. I never thought it would get this bad as to where you were both depressed from the seperation. I went too far and I deserve whatever comes to me, alright? I have no excuse and there's no way an apology will ever make up for anything I've done. Chunji, hate me all you want but I would never sleep with anyone else but you. I...I let the sasaengs write a scandal about me in exchange for them to leave Nini and Changjo alone. I couldn't stand to see them like that anymore. They deserve to be happy unlike me. My image is ruined but that's okay. I had it coming anyway." A few more tears rolled down her cheeks and she smiled sadly.

Nini didn't know how to process all her words. She had been the one that put her and Changjo through hell? Her own leader? Now she ruined her image to keep her happy? Nini had no idea what to feel. Her thoughts were so conflicted; she was speechless.

L.Joe wordlessly switched on the TV and there it was. Eun Mi's scandal and screenshots of horrible tweets directed at her. Nini scoffed, hurridly turning it off. Eun Mi pushed past everyone and exited the dorm without a word. The silence hung in the air. Everyone was apparently speechless until Chunji turned and went after her. Nini let a small smile appear on her face. He was going to stick by her. 

Changjo stepped towards Nini, a baffled expression on his face. Nini ran a hand through her hair. "We have to help my unnie, Changjo."

Changjo seemed to hesitate but nodded once. 

"Anyway...CHANGNI IS REAL!" Yun broke the awkward silence. Hana, Mi Sun, and Changjo clapped, cheering. Nini laughed despite what had just taken place. Changjo had managed to break out of his serious mood within a second.

"Do you know what this means?" Changjo asked, a bright smile on his face.

Nini returned the smile. "What?"

"I can do this," he placed a sweet kiss on her lips. "And this," he hugged her against his chest tightly. "And this," he smacked her bottom. Nini squeaked in surprise. "In public!" He exclaimed. 

Everyone in the room laughed and L.Joe wolf whistled. "You're such a dork," Nini said, laughing. "But you're right. Thanks to Eun Mi, we can be happy together so that means that we have to return the favor. I won't stand to see my unnie being harrassed and judged for something she didn't do. She did this for us so it's the least we could do. We're all going to get our happy endings, damnit!" 

"We'll help," Jae said. "Muzik Scale can't lose our beautiful leader. She's family." Mi Sun, Yun, and Hana nodded with smiles.

"Great!" Nini exclaimed. They were going to make things right once they had finished their schedules because unfortunately, they were idols before heroes so they'd have to figure something out.

"How exactly are we going to help her?" Changjo questioned.

Nini blanked. She actually had no idea. She was speaking so confidently but how does one get out of this situation? Going to the sasaengs would only make it worse, right? She sighed. Maybe this wasn't going to be as easy as it was in movies and dramas. She was going to have to sleep on this one.