Bonus; Choi Jooyeon~

Ideal Types

Jonghyun kissed Nini's forehead and caressed her cheek gently. "Love," he said quietly. Nini fluttered her eyes open when she heard her husband's voice. He grinned at her. "I'm going to run to the store really quick so I can make you breakfast. I'll be back soon." Nini nodded and he kissed her forehead once more. "Go back to sleep." Nini was only half awake and could barely keep her eyes open so she immediately shut them at his words. She heard him chuckle then the sound of the bedroom door closing.

She was beyond tired but unfortunately, she couldn't fall back to sleep. She felt somewhat ill for some reason. A wave a nausea was coming over her so she rolled on her stomach, hoping that ould diminish the feeling but no such luck. She tried her hardest to fall asleep until she really felt she was going to vomit any second. She jumped out of bed and rushed to the bathroom, bent over the toilet, and threw up almost nothing but water. Her hands were shaking, a few tears had escaped her, and she rested against the seat, trying to regulate her breathing. She pondered over everything that could've possibly made her sick. Food poisoning? No, she ate pretty early the day before so the symptoms would've affected her sooner. Was she becoming sick? No she would've had other symptoms beforehand. 

She shook her head and stood up, at a complete loss of what caused her to puke. She brushed her teeth thoroughly and checked her phone. Something clicked in her mind as she saw the date. She felt as if she had stopped breathing. Her period was late; over 4 days late. Nini's thoughts were going a mile a minute. Instinctively, she dialed a number, her hands shaking profusely. 

"Hello? Are you okay? It's really early," answered Jae's sleepy and raspy voice.

"Jae...I...."

"What's wrong?" She sounded much more alert.

"Can you do me a huge favor?" Nini asked in almost a whisper.

"...What is it?"

"Get me a pregnancy test." 

The line was silent for a moment as if Jae needed a moment to process her words. "I'll be there soon." The line went dead.

Nini took deep breaths. She didn't want to call Jonghyun and get him all excited. Maybe it was just a coincidence. Besides, when a girl changes her eating habits, her cycle changes, right? Her heart was pounding. The wait for Jae to arrive felt like an eternity. Nini finally heard rapid knocks against the front door and she nearly ran to open it. 

Jae handed her the bag immediately and practically pushed Nini into the bathroom without a word. Nini opened the test with her hands still shaking and took many deep breaths before taking it. She did as instructed and placed it on the counter, anticipating the results. Was she actually going to have a baby with her Jonghyunnie? Every part of her wanted the test to turn out positive so she could tell her husband and see the happiness in his face. She'd give anything to bless him with the family he wants. 

She heard the front door shut and her breath caught in . She heard muffled voices.

"Jae? What are you doing here?" Jonghyun's voice asked.

"Oh...um...Nini wanted to show me something so I came over."

"It's kind of early, don't you think?"

"It's never too early for some girl time," she laughed awkwardly.

Nini bit her lip, hoping Jonghyun would buy the poor excuse just for a few more minutes. Her nerves shot up even more knowing he was home. Would she deliever good news to him? She prayed so. The 5 minutes passed so she stood up. Her hand slowly reached for the test. Her heart felt like it was going to beat out of her chest. She held her breath and let her eyes land on the results. 

Positive.

She felt tears prick at her eyes. She was going to be able to bless Jonghyun with his family. She set the test back on the counter and wiped at her tears so she could appear neutral. She exhaled and opened the door. Jae froze, wondering what the results were.

"Jonghyunnie~" Nini cooed, getting his attention. She heard his footsteps approach which only made her feelings of excitement spike up. 

He smiled warmly at her when he came back into the bedroom. "Hey love, I though you'd still be sleeping but I see you're having a girl's day today."

Nini shook her head with a giggle. "Actually, I'm up really early because I have something to tell you."

Jonghyun raised an eyebrow. "Oh? What is it?"

Nini calmed her nerves before they could make her blurt out the news. "Well, I wasn't feeling very well this morning and I ended up throwing up."

His eyes softened and he made his way over to cup her face. "Are you okay? Is anything wrong?"

Nini smiled. "Everything is fine. Perfect, actually. You wanna know why?" She asked cutely and wrapped her arms around his neck.

He appeared to be completely lost. "Why...?"

Nini smiled even brighter. "Because we're having a baby, Jonghyunnie~"

His eyes widened, he froze. "W-What?"

Jae screamed behind them and Nini laughed. Jonghyun's confused expression broke into the brightest smile she had ever seen. "We're having a baby?!" He asked excitedly.

"We're having a baby!" Nini repeated, still laughing. Jonghyun shouted in joy and hugged his wife tightly against him. "I love you so much, Nini." He showered her face in kisses as she giggled and wrapped her arms around him. Jonghyun felt as though his heart was going to burst. This was everything he wanted and it was actually happening. He was going to have a baby with the love of his life. Words couldn't describe how happy or thankful he was. All he knew was that he loved Nini with all his heart and he couldn't wait to share that love with his precious child on the way. 

6 Months Pregnant...

Nini laid in her bed, watching whatever sitcom was on TV while Jonghyun admired her and rubbed her belly. "Love, we should pick out names. Only 3 months away from our baby being born." He pecked her lips.

Nini smiled brightly. "Okay. Let's start with a boy's name." 

Jonghyun bit his lip as they both sat in silence, thinking. "Jaehyuk," he blurted out. 

Nini giggled. "That's a great name for a boy. I love it." She kissed him sweetly. "I was thinking Min Joong too but we should go with yours."

Jonghyun flushed. "Okay. You should choose the girl's name then."

"Jooyeon," she responded with no hesitation. She had recalled the beautiful dream she had of her baby girl Jooyeon and she was blown away by how true that dream was becoming. She hoped Jooyeon would complete that dream in reality. 

Jonghyun smiled. "Jooyeon it is," he leaned in to place a kiss on her lips but instead made a sound of exclamation that startled Nini. "Our baby kicked!" He shouted, looking like an amazed little boy. 

"Did it really?!" Nini's eyes widened and Jonghyun placed her hand over the spot where he had his hand. They were silent, anticipating another movement. Nini felt the small hit against her stomach. It was so subtle, no wonder she hadn't felt it the first time. Her eyes became glassy and she placed a hand over to keep from sobbing. Jonghyun offered her a small smile and leaned down to kiss her belly.

"Baby, it's your appa. Can you hear us?" He placed his ear against the spot where the baby kicked. He felt the small bump against his wife's stomach again. He looked up at Nini with an enormous smile. "We can't wait for you to join us, baby. Please stay healthy and don't hurt your umma too much." Nini giggled and ran a hand through his soft hair. She couldn't wait for the beautiful day their child would be born.

The Special Day...

"Love, do you want some water or anything?" Jonghyun called from the kitchen. Nini was resting on the couch since her back was bothering her. She couldn't even believe how heavy carrying a baby was and how it effected her back. Every time she walked to the bathroom or bedroom, it felt like she had just run a mile or carried extremely heavy dumbells the whole way. 

"Some water would be nice. Thank you, Jonghyunnie~" 

Jonghyun appeared with her water and handed it to her with a smile. "Anything for you, love."

Nini smiled and reached for the bottle but a sharp pain stopped her. She cried out in pain. 

Jonghyun was kneeled down beside her in a flash. "Are you okay? What happened? What's wrong?"

Nini took a deep breath, recovering from the pain. "Ugh, I think it was just a contraction. I'm okay." Just then, Jonghyun saw the couch begin to darken. His eyes widened. Nini looked to where his eyes were. "Did...my water just break...?" She felt another pain wrack through her and she hunched over, shouting again in pain. 

Jonghyun cursed, trying to keep calm and not panic. "Okay. We gotta get you to the car immediately." He helped her get up and walk to the car but it was much harder than he expected. They had to stop often for her to recover from contractions. Jonghyun was scared out of his mind but he remaind calm so he wouldn't scare his wife too. 

He was surprised they didn't get into an accident on the way to the hospital, considering he was driving like a maniac with Nini screaming in the passenger seat. He knew he should've been more careful but he only wanted to get his wife to the hospital so they could help and so his baby could be brought into the world. 

Lucikly, the doctors and nurses were quick with getting Nini settled into a room so she could go through the most painful hours of her life. Jonghyun stood by her the whole time, never letting go of her hand. She squeezed his hand so tightly, he was sure she'd break it eventually but he pushed through it. His pain was much less than hers and he couldn't help to admire her for what she was going through to make him happy. He'd be sure to treat her like a queen. He was going to kiss her forehead but he didn't want to take the risk of her barking at him. 

Jonghyun thought it would never end. An agonizing 6 and a half hours in labor was enough to make him exhausted even though he wasn't the one giving birth. His hand would surely be bruised. 

"Just one more push, Mrs. Choi!" The doctor encourage. Jonghyun's heart began to pound. He squeezed Nini's hand even harder. Nini was screaming in absolute agony but she only one more and this would be over. She put all the effort she could conjure into that last push which wasn't much considering she barely had any energy left. 

That's when the crying of a baby filled the air. Nini groaned in relief and fell back against the bed.

"Mrs. Choi, you've successfully given birth to a beautiful baby girl!"

Jonghyun and Nini shared bright and wide smiles before kissing each other passionately in absolute bliss. Jonghyun ran his fingers through her hair. "You did it, love." He whispered, placing a kiss on her forehead.

Nini was breathing heavily, her whole body screaming in pain but she knew it was completely worth it. She smiled with the last bit of energy she had. The nurses finished cleaning off their baby girl before wrapping her in a blanket and gently handing her over to her umma.

"What would you like to name her?" The doctor asked with a smile.

"Jooyeon," ChangNi answered in unison. 

Nini felt the tears come into her eyes so quickly. She had to wipe her eyes to keep the tears from blurring the vision of her daughter. She was more beautiful than she could ever put into her words. She really felt like her heart was going to explode from the emotions. She let a sob out and held her daughter to her chest. "Jooyeon, I'm your umma," she whispered. She placed the most gentle kiss on Jooyeon's forehead. 

Jonghyun had both hands over his mouth. Tears had already made their way down his cheeks. There was nothing in the world that would describe how happy he was at that moment. He gazed at his daughter in awe, appreciating every inch of her little body. Her tiny hands were resting on the blanket, her eyes closed, and his beautiful wife holding her so gently. He wished he could live in this moment forever.

Nini looked up at him with a small smile, letting her tears fall as well. "Do you want to hold her?" She asked quietly.

Jonghyun nodded. He was so gentle with picking her up. He treated her as the most delicate and fragile thing on the entire planet. He held her against his chest, his eyes never leaving his precious daughter. His smile was radiant and glowing and his tears continued to fall. He rested his forehead against her tiny one then kissed her tiny little nose. "Jooyeon..." He whispered. He laughed quietly, not believing that he was actually holding his daughter. "I'm you appa," he whispered again. He placed his pointer finger in her tiny little hand and she immediately wrapped her fingers around it. Nini covered with one hand, swearing she would pass out from how cute the scene in front of her was. Jonghyun lifted his eyes to meet Nini's. "She's perfect," he said. 

He leaned down carefully and placed the sweetest and gentlest kiss on her lips. "Thank you, love. You've given me everything I ever wanted. I love you and our Jooyeon so so much." Nini smiled brightly and pecked his lips. "No, thank you for blessing me with such a beautiful baby girl. I love you, Jonghyunnie~" He smiled as wide as ever. They couldn't wait to see how their baby girl would grow up. They shared one last passionate kiss before admiring their daughter and thanking God for how blessed they were.