Bonus: His Angel~

Ideal Types

Nini couldn't even believe how fast time flew. It had already been 8 strong, happy, and amazing years with Jonghyun. 8 years since Muzik Scale debuted. They were the best years of her life thus far. Or so she thought.

Both Teen Top and Muzik Scale had disbanded but always stayed in contact. They'd have reunions a couple times a year to see how everyone was doing and how they turned out. Changjo and Nini were never seperated. Not since their groups disbanded. They moved in together and lived blissfully in an apartment since it was only the two of them. Nini was more than happy that she was still with him through all these years and that she was still very close to all her members. Chunji and Eun Mi were still together along with L.Joe and Jae. Life was good. She hoped it remained that way.

"Jonghyunnie~ What are we doing for date night tomorrow?" Nini asked cutely. Jonghyun was seated on the couch, watching M Countdown. Nini came up behind him and wrapped her arms around his neck.

Changjo chuckled. "Hmmm, I'm still planning it out. But it'll be a very special date night." He looked up at her and Nini leaned down to peck his lips. 

"Special? How so?" She questioned. 

"Well, it's a special surprise." 

Nini giggled. "Do I get any hints?"

Changjo shook his head cutely. "Nope. None at all." 

Nini pouted but quickly replaced it with a smile. "Well either way, I look forward to it."

"Good. I do too," he smiled brightly.

The Next Day~

Changjo's mind was everywhere. Was this going to go as he hoped? What would she say? How would he ask her? Where would it be? Could he do this? Changjo ran a hand through his hair, taking a deep breath. Who would be wise enough to help him? He retrieved his phone and dialed a number.

"Jonghyun? What's up?"

"Minsoo hyung, I need some advice."

"Okay. On what?"

"I..." He took another deep breath. "I want to propose to Nini tonight."

There was a silence.

"Minsoo hyung?"

"YOU STILL HAVEN'T PROPOSED TO HER?" Minsoo asked, obviously shocked and baffled.

Changjo winced from the sudden loud outburst. "What do you mean 'still'?"

Minsoo laughed. "Jonghyun, it's been 8 years. I would've thought you proposed to her ages ago. Anyway, what do you need help with?"

"I don't know how to do it."

Minsoo sighed. "You know her best. What would she like? I remember you saying she liked your private time so think of something intimate and romantic. Hmmm, maybe share a nice dance with her?"

Something clicked in Jonghyun's mind. "I'll sing for her! Yes, that's awesome! I'm a genius. Thanks hyung. I'll see you at the wedding."

Minsoo laughed. "Yeah, sure Jonghyun."

Their call ended and Jonghyun immediately went to work, preparing everything he would need for that night. Luckily, Nini was out with Jae since it was a girl's day out. She'd be gone for a while. He had never been more nervous in his life. He wasn't really scared about actually proposing but it was her response that worried him. Sure, they'd been together for 8 years now but what if she's changed her mind about him? What if she's tired of him? What if she thinks he doesn't truly love her because he hasn't proposed to her? All these things were circling through his mind, eating at him. He needed to be confident, otherwise it'll ruin everything.

With Nini~

"So what are you guys doing for date night?" Jae asked, taking a sip of caramel frappe.

Nini shrugged. "He hasn't decided yet but he said it was gonna be special."

"Oooooh. Special how?"

Nini bit her lip. "I don't know. He could be planning anything and I'm so excited. I know whatever it is, it'll be amazing."

Jae cooed. "No matter how old you guys get, you're always gonna be too cute for me to handle. You better let me know what he does tomorrow though. I'm curious."

Nini laughed. "Don't worry. I got you. Maybe I sh-" Nini was cut off by her phone ringing. She saw Jonghyun's picture on her screen and she answered with a smile. "Hey~" 

"Hey love. Do you think you could meet me at a certain address in about 2 hours? Do you have somewhere to write it down?" Nini motioned for Jae to write it down on her phone. 

"Yeah, Jae is writing it down for me." Jonghyun told her the address after taking a deep breath. This was actually happening and his heart was pounding. It was hard to keep the phone steady by his ear since his hands were shaking, 

"I'll see you later then?" Changjo asked.

"Of course. I love you~"

Changjo's heart skipped a beat and his heart fluttered. Those 3 words meant even more this time around. "I love you too. Bye, love."

They hung up and Nini read over the address. She raised an eyebrow in question. "Where is that?"

Jae shrugged. "I guess you'll find out later~" She winked and laughed.

Nini laughed along with her. "I should go get all prettied up then so I can have time to find my way there."

"Okay, sounds good. Have fun and remember to text me tomorrow." 

Nini stood up, grabbing her bag from the table. "Will do." She waved before climbing in her car and driving home. She had trobule picking out what to wear since she had no idea what the condition was going to be like since she had no idea where she was going. She settled on a cute floral dress with a cardigan over it. She waved her hair to perfection and made sure her makeup was on point. Since it was going to a special date night, she wanted to be extra cute for Jonghyun. She still had no clue what to expect. Nevertheless, she couldn't wait to see him.

Once she was ready, she typed the address into her phone and the GPS was set to take her to her destination. She didn't have anything really out of the ordinary circling her mind. Just wondering what her special night would be like and where the hell Jonghyun was leading her. The sun was slwoly beginning to set so she hoped she would arrive soon.

She saw herself slowly approaching the beach. The beach? Was this the special part of the date? She found herself smiling without even noticing. This was going to be perfect. She pictured walking onto the beach and seeing Jonghyun run out of the water like those cliche lifeguard movies. She giggled to herself and pulled into the a reasonable parking spot near the beach. 

Nini stepped out and shut the door behind. She looked around, searching for any sign of Jonghyun. Nothing. She walked towards the sand more as her phone chimed. It was a text from him.

Are you here, love?

Yea, I just got here ^-^

I'm coming~

She lifted her gaze and saw her boyfriend's silohoutte in the distance. She smiled and began to walk towards him. As he got closer, Nini noticed he was wearing a nice white dress shirt and black dress pants. Now she felt underdressed. She didn't expect him to go all out with the wadrobe tonight.

With each step bringing them closer, Jonghyun's heart sped up. His hands were already sweating. His mind was racing but as soon as he locked eyes with Nini, it was as if all his worries disappated. All he could think about then was about how much he wanted to have her in his arms and tell her how much he loved her. He knew he was making the right decision. They halted directly in front of each other.

"Hey, love." Changjo greeted quietly.

Nini flushed and bit her lip. The intimacy was already getting to her. "Hi oppa," she responded. 

Changjo slipped his hand into hers shyly. "Come with me?"

She nodded with a grin and fell into step with him. He led her along the shore until they reached a white sheet laid out on the sand. There were roses surrounding the edges of the sheet with candles on the corners. In the center was nothing, just a place for them to sit, cuddle, and talk. Nini was more than overjoyed. She looked at him with a bright smile and pecked is lips before taking a seat. Jonghyun smiled and sat next to her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. 

"This is beautiful," Nini began, staring out at the ocean and seeing the sun paint the sky with red, purple, orange, and pink. The colors reflecting on the water made it even more breathtaking. She sighed contently and leaned her head on his shoulder. His hand played with her hair as they watched the sun set and the stars peek through the darkening sky. The moon peeked over the horizon. The candles had lit up their surroundings and made a brand new, gorgeous scenery. 

Jonghyun's heart was still pounding. He was anticipating the right moment to pop the question. He was itching to do it and hear her answer. He just wanted her to say yes to spending the rest of their lives together. It was all he could ever ask for. He took a deep breath.

He stood up and held out his hand to Nini, letting her take it to pick herself up. She raised an eyebrow. "Are we leaving already?"

Jonghyun chuckled and shook his head. "I um...I'd like to...Just listen." Nini nodded and Jonghyun cleared his throat. He held Nini's hands tightly in his own. He began to sing.

"At the end of this tiring day

You will always be by my side 

I'm feeling thankful everyday and you become my power

I promise to stay by your side, I won't change

Even if time passes, I love you, I'll protect you

Whoever sees you will say you're lovely

Whoever sees you will say you're pretty 

One by one are perfect

There's an Angel in my heart

Your pretty face is blinding my eyes

Your bright smile is just like the sun

Like a shining star in the night sky

There's an Angel in my heart

You're always lovely

You always look so pretty

Whoever sees you will say you're perfect.

There's an Angel in my heart."

Nini placed a hand over , her other hand still holding Jonghyun's tightly. her lip quivered and her eyes were blurry with tears that were already spilling. Jonghyun grinned sweetly and pulled her into a loving embrace. She clenched the fabric of his dress shirt and cried into his chest of happiness. He swayed back and forth with her as he hummed the tune of the song in her ear. Nini looked up at him and he placed a gentle kiss on her lips.

"Thank you," she managed to whisper. He kissed her forehead before making the next move that would change his life forever. 

"I have one last thing for you." He took a deep breath and held her hands once more. He slowly got down to one knee. Nini froze, her heart began to pound. Was he doing what she thought he was doing?

Jonghyun smiled warmly at her. "Nini...I don't even know where to start. These past 8 years have been the best years of my life and it's all because of you. I never thought someone would effect me this much and now, whenever I look at you, my worries are gone. I feel happy, loved, and appreciated when I'm around you. That's all I could ever ask of you. My heart still skips a beat, it flutters. I get butterflies whenever you say something sweet to me and I still blush like a teenager. I want it to be like that for the rest of my life and I want it to be with you. You're the most perfect human being I've ever come across and I can't put into words how much you mean to me. You've made me the happiest guy in the world and I'm so thankful to have you in my life. Please, always stay by side and continue to be the perfect woman you are. I'll always be by your side and I'd be honored if you would stay by mine." He retireved a small black box out of his pocket and opened it to reveal the most gorgeous diamond ring she had ever laid eyes on. "Will you marry me, Niesa White?" 

Nini stood in silence, unmoving, and processing every word he had just said to her. She realized she was holding her breath so she exhaled but a sob accompanied it. Immediately, she burst into tears and nodded. "Y-Yes, of cours-se." She said in between her cries. Jonghyun shouted in joy, jumping up from his position and throwing his arms around her. He picked her up and spun her around the sheet, yelling into the sky. His smile was wider than ever and his laugh was even more precious than before. Nini's sobs turned into laughter and she wrapped her arms around his neck tightly.

He set her back down on her feet and kissed with with every ounce of love he had in his body at the moment. He cupped her face, bringing their lips even closer while Nini kept her arms around his neck. They laughed into the kiss before pulling apart and resting their forehead's together.

"I love you so much, Nini. I'm so happy because of you. We're going to have our happily ever after like we promised."

Nini smiled and wiped at her remaining tears. She pecked his lips sweetly. "I knew we would. We've finally done it. We've made our promise of forever. I love you more than anything in the world."

"Never leave my side," Jonghyun whispered, caressing her cheek with his thumb.

"As long as you don't leave mine," Nini whispered back with a grin.

He chuckled. "Wouldn't dream of it, future Mrs. Choi."

Nini flushed and her heart sped up at the name. She kissed him once more. She couldn't wait until Mrs. Choi was her offical name.