The Set Up

Ideal Types

(A/N Blue is English)

"It's already been 2 weeks, Nini. When are you going to call him?" Eun Mi asked, tossing her long blond hair over her shoulder. "We have plenty of free time next week. We all know you want to hangout with him." She rested her elbows on the table. 

"I told you, when I'm ready. I don't think I could handle being around him for a long period of time. It'd be too much and I'd end up in tears or screaming because he's so perfect." She sighed, slouching in her chair. Why were boys so difficult to deal with? She'd only met him once and she was already so distressed. To call him or not to call him? Guys always made the first move anyway and he hadn't shown any sign of contacting her. Maybe he wasn't interested after all. The thought only made her sigh again.

"You're overthinking things," Jae commented, walking into the kitchen to snack on a yogurt. "He flat out gave you his number. You need to use that to your advantage." She shoved a spoonful of strawbeery yogurt into .

Nini crossed her arms over her chest. "Yeah but I'm nervous. I couldn't do it by myself."

"Then I'll go with you. I'll be the third wheel just for you," Jae smiled.

Nini shook her head. "Then I'd feel bad."

"Nini~" Another voice rang. Yun walked in, ruffling Nini's hair. "Guess what I just found out?"

"What?"

"You know how we're performing on KBS next week? Turns out, our brother group is too," she smiled.

"What?" All three girls said in unison. 

Yun nodded. "Check any of their twitters. They're apparently 'very happy to be seeing their sister group once again'" She used her fingers as quotatiions. 

Nini immediately whipped her phone out of her pocket, opening the twitter app. There it was, all boys tweeting about it. "You quoted Niel's tweet, Yun." 

"Well, duh. He's my bias after all. I agree with Eun Mi and Jae. You should make plans to hangout-"

"AHHHHHH! WE GET TO SEE RICKY AGAIN!" Hana came in, screaming. All girls covered their ears to block out the girl's piercing scream. Mi Sun came running out with just a towel. 

"What's going on?!" Her eyes were wide, panic filled.

All girls burst into a fit of giggles and Mi Sun growled. "Really Hana? I thought someone was being murdered! What are you so giddy about?"

"WE'RE PERFORMING AFTER TEEN TOP NEXT WEEK!" 

Mi Sun's eyes widened and then she screamed, jumping up and down. Hana appeared confused for a moment but then joined in the screaming. The other 4 girls groaned and covered their ears once again. 

"Can we get back to Nini's boy probelms?!" Eun Mi shouted over the squealing girls.

"Can we not?" Nini asked. 

"Boy problems?" Hana and Mi Sun questioned in unison.

"Changjo," Jae said, continuing to eat her yogurt. 

"You still haven't called him?" Hana asked, obviously baffled. 

"No, can we just drop it please? I'm the shikshin of this group yet I'm the one being ganged on right now." She pouted.

"That's how it is. You're the maknae and we're the unnies." Eun stated.

"You're going to hangout with him eventually. Just call him, please?" Hana attempted to use her aegyo. Nini knew better. She looked away at Jae. 'Help me' she mouth. Jae sighed, tossing her finished yogurt away.

"Okay I think she's had enough. We'll try again soon enough." The girls groaned in disappointment and slowly scattered from the kitchen. Jae took a seat next to Nini. She began to speak in English so the other girls wouldn't understand. "Are you going to or not?"

"I don't know! You know how I was before debut. I was completely obesessed with him! How can I just throw myself into a one on one situation with him?" She ran a hand through her hair in frustration.

"Hey, you won't have to be alone if you don't want. I'll tag along as I said earlier," Jae offered.

"But that's the thing, I don't want you to be awkward alongside me. That makes double the unnecessary awkwardness..." Nini thought for a second. She really didn't want to go alone but she knew if Jae was around, she would be extra shy around Changjo. But at the same time, she needed her around in case anything happened. She just something to distract Jae if she were to tag along. Then something clicked. "Unless..." She smirked. 

"Unless...? What?" Jae raised an eyebrow skeptically. 

"Unless we make is a double couple type thing?" Nini waited for her reaction. 

"Okay and who would I-" Jae's eyes widened in realization. "Oh no no no. That's not happening!

"If you want me to hangout with him, you have to do me this one favor." Nini offered an ultimatum. 

'You expect me to go with L.Joe?! I won't last!" Jae argued.

"Now you know how I feel! Come on, just this once. Besides, we'll both get to hangout with our ultimate biases. If one of us has to leave, we'll leave, okay? We know we both want this so let's do it. I'll call Changjo, I promise." Nini pleaded, tightly holding Jae's hands.

Jae sighed. "Fine, fine."

"Ahhh! Thank you so much!" Nini embraced her friend tightly. "I'll go call him right now!" She quickly stood up from her seat and scurried to her room. 

"Yeah, do that!" 

The following week, Muzik Scale had a blast dancing and singing to their brother group's performance. The girls were off to the side of the stage, knowing they'd be the next ones up there. The boys ended with a powerful performance of Rocking and headed off the stage towards the girls. They handed their microphones off to them. 

"Good luck," Changjo smiled at Nini. She flushed and bit her lip. "Thank you."

Jae smirked at the sight and dragged Nini on stage. After their great performance of In a Dream, the girls were cheered off stage and sent to rest in the lounge room. Teen Top was also present in the room, chugging down water and joking around. They turned and smiled when they saw Muzik Scale.

"Hey girls, you guys did great!" Minso pointed at the small flat screen hanging on the wall. The girls thanked him and went to chug down their own water. 

"Hey, you should go talk to Changjo," Hana whispered to Nini. Nini inwardly rolled her eyes.

"What if I don't want to?"

Hana clicked her tongue. "Don't lie to yourself, you know you want to. Go!" She nudged the poor girl towards Changjo. His eyes flickered up and he grinned, patting the spot next to him on the couch. Nini smiled shyly and plopped down. 

"I'm...um, really glad you called." He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "I was hoping you'd get my hint."

Nini gave him a confused and curious expression. "Your hint?"

He nodded. "I gave the card specifically to you so you could call me. Considering I didn't have a way to contact you.." 

Nini couldn't help but let herself scream on the inside. He had wanted her to call him. He had wanted to hangout. He was interested in her. She smiled brightly. "Well then I'm really glad I called as well." He returned the smile. 

"Ooh, what's going on here?" Chunji asked, plopping next to Changjo. "You hitting it off with the ladies, my dear maknae?" He slung an arm around Changjo's shoulders. Changjo's teeth were gritted. 

"Hyung, how about you go talk to Eun Mi, hmm? You seem to be really interested in her."

Chunji nodded. "Oh, I am. You know, I think I'll take you up on that offer. Nice chat." He patted the boy's back and strode off to Eun Mi. Changjo shook his head. 

"Sorry, he's the embarrassing mom." Nini giggled. 

"It's fine. I totally get it. That's Jae for us." He chuckled.

"So where would you like to go later?" 

"Um, how about some coffee? It's getting late and a bit chilly so some nice hot chocolate or coffee would be good."

He nodded with a grin. "I'll go get freshened up then and we can meet in the back?" 

"Sure. See you then," she smiled sweetly before standing up and making her way over to Jae. "Okay, we're going for coffee once he's freshened up. Now go ask L.Joe."

"Good. You're going on your first date with Changjo! Ayyyy!" Jae laughed and Nini signaled her to quiet down but laughed anyway. 

"I'm really excited. Thank you for doing this, really." 

"I got you. Now go get super cute. I'll go talk to L.Joe." Jae waved Nini to the dressing room. Nini nodded with a smile and disappeared into the dressing room. 

After 20 minutes, Nini and Jae had gotten dressed in some comfrotable, cute, and warm clothes. The wind would definitely nip at their skin if they weren't dressed properly. It would have given them an excuse to be closer to the boys but it was too early to make a move like that. Maybe once they knew each other better.

Changjo and L.Joe appeared in comfortable and warm clothes as well. "Are you guys ready?" Changjo asked.

The girls nodded, their hearts pounding and racing at the same time. Was this is a date? They'd find out sooner or later. The boys smiled and began walking alongside the girl they were asked by. With that, they walked into one of the best nights they'd ever had.