The Return

Ideal Types

Changjo held Nini to his chest as she cried into his shirt. She was unbelievably frightened and he couldn't blame her. He was a bit shaken himself. Sasaengs were a huge deal and he couldn't stand to see Nini this way. It hurt him physically. Nini hadn't done one thing wrong and she certainly did not deserve this. She was only a rookie yet sasaengs are already out to get her? He had no one to blame but himself. He had gotten her in this mess to begin with. If he hadn't had feelings for her, she would've never had to deal with this crap. She would've never gotten caught in public with him and she would've been happy instead of sobbing into his chest. He had to make this right. Even if it hurt him, he had to do it for her. 

The others arrived home not too long after. Nini was still curled up, sniffling into Changjo's chest. Jae gasped and rushed over to the two, placing a gentle hand on Nini's back. "What happened?" She asked Changjo. Changjo sighed before reaching for the picture frame on the coffee table. He reluctantly handed it off to Jae. Jae seemed unsure but flipped it anyway. She screamed and dropped it to the floor in shock. She covered with her hands, absolutely terrified. "Oh hun..." She ran her hand up and down Nini's back comfortingly as Jae let some tears of her own fall. L.Joe walked over shyly and comforted Jae by wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

Nini bit her lip, trying to hold back the new wave of tears that were hitting her. Sympathy from others always made someone want to cry even more. She appreciated it, really. She pulled away from Changjo slowly and wrapped her arms around Jae, releasing her fresh tears. Jae held her tightly as she cried along with her friend. The rest of the Muzik Scale members rushed over, draping themselves over each other in comfort. L.Joe had gotten mixed up in them since he was still comforting Jae. The rest of Teen Top watched the scene unfold dreadfully. They had no idea what had happened but they knew there was probably little they could say.

The cameras captured everything. Should they even broadcast a first episode? They had nothing but scandals and clips to piss off fans of both groups. This wasn't even a show, it was a real life drama. Nini felt pity for herself. Why her? She was living the dream but everything came crashing down on her and for what? She was incredibly grateful to have her members here for her. Slowly, the girls unraveled themselves and escorted Nini to her room so she could get some well deserved rest. Changjo had wanted to say one last thing but he knew he couldn't, wouldn't. He had to stay away from Nini. He wasn't going to let anything hurt her anymore. That would happen only if he stayed away from her. So that's what he was going to do.

He couldn't resist though, he followed behind the girls. He caught Jae's arm. "Will she be okay?" He asked.

Jae smiled softly. "She's tough. She just needs some rest," she reassured. "Thank you for being with her, Changjo. She needed it and I'm glad it was you."

Changjo nodded and released Jae's arm. "Um, I don't want her to get hurt anymore so...I think I should keep my distance..." He bit his lip.

Jae took a minute to process his words then shook her head furiously. "No, you can't do that. She needs you more than anyone right now, Changjo. You've been there for her. She can't lose y-"

Changjo began shaking his own head. "It's for her. If I'm involved with her, it only makes matters worse. Please, just understand. This is to protect her, okay?" Jae said nothing as she watched Changjo disappear into his room. 

Jae was about to shut Nini's door when she heard the front door open. She raised an eyebrow. "Muzik Scale! Get over here!" She heard their manager's voice. Nini sat up, confused. The rest of the girls all seemed just as confused but they walked to the living room. The mood was heavy and became so even more once they entered.

The manager was standing with Eun Mi at his side. Nini could feel the anger radiating off all of the girls including herself. "What is she doing back here?" Mi Sun growled. The manager raised a hand, signaling to be quiet. 

"I know Eun Mi caused some distress earlier but she'd like to say something." The manager said, looking to Eun Mi, Eun Mi took a deep breath then spoke up. 

"You all probably hate me, right? Well I just want to say that the Eun Mi you saw earlier was my TV personality. It was only for the show, I swear. You know I'm not like that, please. I just wanted the show to do really well in ratings so I though adding conflict would get us that. Nini, I'm so sorry. I didn't want to kiss Changjo but I felt it was necessary. Jae, I didn't mean to harass L.Joe but again, just for show. I really like Chunji, please believe me."

The girls were conflicted. She sounded so sincere and they had never seen that side of her before. Maybe it was all for show?

"You went a little far..." Yun said quietly.

"I know and I regret it so much. I was so stupid! I got way too into character and didn't realize how much I was hurting you girls. You're my best friends and family...please. Let me back on the show. There's been so much drama so maybe it could be just a reality drama? I'm just acting..."

The manager gazed at all the girls. "I think Eun Mi is genuine and I like her idea. There's been nothing but chaos so it'd be better to give you all roles."

"Let her stay," Hana whispered to her members. Yun sighed and nodded. Mi Sun nodded as well. "She's our leader. She's family. She sound truly sorry to me."

Nini and Jae were less convinced but nodded anyway. They couldn't turn on their leader like that. She really delivered a good apology. They had little faith in her so they gave her the benefit of the doubt. 

"Okay," Nini finally said. The girls all squealed in delight except Nini and Jae. Eun Mi ran to hug them all and apologize profusely. Her voice even cracked as if she were about to cry. Nini and Jae finally gave in, squealing and hugging Eun Mi tight. She was family after all.

Ricky watched the whole scene in hiding. Had they really forgiven her? Was she really acting? Could she be trusted? He saw Eun Mi's eyes snap up to him as she hugged the girls. His eyes widened but he was too shocked to move. She smirked mischiveously at him and winked. 

He guessed that answered his question.

Eun Mi was not to be trusted.