Adjusting

Ideal Types

2 weeks had passed since Eun Mi had returned, since Nini recieved the terrfying frame. Eun Mi had caused some chaos a few times but of course 'only for show'. Her actions weren't as extreme as kissing a member but still, no one really approved. They had no real lines so they all basically improvised. Ricky tried his best to stay away from Eun Mi at all costs. He hadn't said anything to anyone of his suspicions. He didn't want to be the center of a bigger issue so he kept his mouth shut. Everyone had adjusted for now.

On the other hand, Changjo had been avoiding Nini for the past 2 weeks. Nini was incredibly confused. The last time she talked to him was when she recieved the frame. Had she crossed a line when she held him as she cried? Did he not want to deal with her issues? The thought hurt her. He had been there for her and now he just doesn't want any part of it? He couldn't do that, could he? She had been wanting to sit down and talk with him but her emotions stopped her. What if he ignored her or actually told her he didn't want to be involved with her? The curiosity was too much.

Changjo was feeling deprived. He oh so badly wanted to hangout with Nini and just talk with her but it'd be better for screen time if they weren't seen together. That way, sasaengs would see that he had no interest in her. But on the inside, he was dying to just say a single word to her. He would stare at her occasionally when she wasn't looking. He missed her. A lot more than he would admit. 

Nini laid in her bed, staring at the ceiling with her earbuds in, debating on whether she should confront Changjo or not. The pros and the cons evened out, only causing her more stress. She felt like tearing her hair out honestly. Her internal conflict was interrupted by the door opening to her room. It was Jae. 

She walked in, taking a seat on the end of the bed. "Hey, you haven't been out of here all day. What's up? I was lucky enough to get away from a camera so spill it."

Nini sat up with a sigh, pulling out her earbuds. 

"You're thinking about Changjo, aren't you?"

Nini nodded. No point in denying it. Jae sighed, plaing a comforting hand on her friend's shoulder. "I'm sorry hun." Jae averted her gaze. "Who knows why he's being like that..."

Nini raised an eyebrow. "You know something, don't you?" Jae's eyes widened and she shook her head.

"Of course not."

"Liar."

"Why would I-"

"What did he say?"

Jae bit her lip. "Fine. He said he wanted to keep his distance to protect you."

Nini scoffed. "Are you kidding me? He's being all cliche? He wants to protect me? He's already done so much and he helps me and now he just completely avoids me? He's only hurting me more!"

Jae raised her arms in surrender. "Don't yell at me. Talk to him." She stood up, taking her leave.

Nini threw herself back, laying completely flat. Apparently. she had no other choice. She was going to have to confront him. She gathered all her nerves together and pushed back the negative thoughts on the situation. She prayed she would recieve a positive outcome. She exited the room, subtly looking around for that stupid boy that stressed her out yet made her so happy. 

All of sudden, her arm was grabbed and she was pushed into a room. The person shut the door quietly and locked it. 

Nini whipped around, only to see someone she would've never expected. "Ricky?"

He nodded. "S-Sorry! I just needed to talk to you."  He rubbed his arm self-conciously. 

She crossed her arms, intrigued. What did Ricky want to discuss with her? 

"Okay," he took a deep breath. "Please don't be offended. It's just a suspicion but I needed to tell someone since she's not here. She went to the mall with Chunji. You seemed the best bet to tell."

Nini furrowed her brow. Eun Mi?

"I don't think Eun Mi should be trusted." He closed his eyes tight as if he were embracing to be hit.

"Really? Why?" Nini asked simply.

"Well the day she came back, I was there, hiding. I listened in and watched the whole thing. Yeah, her apology seemed really sincere but I don't think she meant it. When she was hugging you guys, she saw me and gave me this creepy smile," he shivered. "She winked too. I don't know if she was flirting or if she was hinting that she didn't mean it..."

"She hasn't done anything too bad these past 2 weeks..." Nini countered.

Ricky nodded. "Yeah, so that's why it's just a suspicion. I hope you don't think bad of me but I don't trust her and I don't like her. She scares me, honestly. I feel like she may come after me and I don't want that. Not after Changjo and not after what L.Joe told me when she pinned him."

"Ricky, I'd never think bad of you. To be honest, I don't fully trust her either but I tolerate her. We just have to keep our guard up but we can't make it obvious. I'm on your side, okay?" Ricky nodded.

"Thanks for listeing," With that, he left. Nini waited a few minutes before leaving so it wouldn't seem suspicious. She made her way to the living room and spotted Changjo watching TV. A camera was on him but he was doing absolutely nothing. The camera then was angled at her. She took a step in the direction of Changjo but then the doorbell rang. Are you kidding me?  She thought.

She sighed, changing her direction to the door. She opened it but no one was there. She poked her head out but still there was no trace of anyone. That is, until she glanced down. She felt a presence behind her. She glanced backwards only to see Changjo right behind her. She said nothing but retrieved the small pakcage on the ground. Her heart began to pound. Her hands began to shake. Was it another 'gift' from the sasaengs? It had her name on it...

She felt a warm hand on hers. Her eyes locked with Changjo's. He nodded once and she gulped. Her hand shook as she ripped packaging. Then there was small box. She hesitantly lifted the lid and a putrid smell filled her nostrils She glanced into the box only to scream and drop it immediately. She whipped around, crashing into Changjo's chest. He slammed the door shut and then wound his arms around her, holding her tight. It was a dead rat that was in the box. Changjo's blood boiled and his teeth were snared but he kept a gentle embrace on Nini. 

"I thought they stopped..." She whispered. 

"Me too.." He sighed, calming himself just a bit. He pulled away. "I'm done ignoring you. I can't do it anymore. I was trying to protect you but I can't if I avoid you. I miss you so much, Nini. I want to protect you and be there for you and I won't hold myself back anymore." 

Nini's eyes widened, letting his words sink it. She hadn't realized he was leaning closer to her. She froze, seeing his face centimeters away from hers. She wanted this, Oh how badly she wanted this. It had been her dream for years and she wasn't going to let the oppotunity go to waste.

She leaned in the rest of the way and their lips met.