Bonus: Family Picnic~

Ideal Types

Jonghyun put Jooyeon's little shoes on her feet while Nini packed a baby bag of supplies needed for the outdoors. Jonghyun was about to slip on Jooyeon's next shoe but he smiled mischievously and tickled her tiny foot instead. Jooyeon let out a squeal and flailed her little arms all over the place, releasing her adorable laugh. Jonghyun let out his precious laugh and Nini had to stop and admire the beautiful sight. She placed a hand over her heart as if it would burst out of her chest at any second. She smiled brightly and laughed along with them. 

"No appa!" She cried out in her tiny little voice as she continued to laugh. "Umma!" She yelled, calling for help. 

Nini giggled and made her way over, tickling her husband's sides. Jonghyun squirmed and laughed loudly. He ran from his wife's grip and hugged himself defensively. Jooyeon clapped her hands happily. "Yay umma!" Jonghyun pouted cutely and pointed at his daughter. "I'll get you next time." Jooeyon laughed and shook her head. "No appa!" He chuckled and made his way back over to kiss her forehead. 

"Are we ready to go?" He asked Nini, running his fingers through her hair. She grinned. "Almost. I got distracted by you two." Jonghyun smiled at her response. "Am I just that good looking?" Nini playfully rolled her eyes and giggled. "Just go put Jooyeon in her car seat, please." Jonghyun laughed and pecked her lips cutely. "I'll meet you out there." He swiftly picked up his daughter and carried her out to the car. Nini packed the last few things she needed and headed out to the car. 

"We have to stop to pick up Minki, right?" Jonghyun asked, starting the car. 

"Yeah. Jae's going to the hospital to make sure everything's going right with the baby on the way." Jonghyun nodded. "That means Jooyeon has a friend to play with today." He grinned. 

Nini smiled and turned back to look at her daughter. "Did you hear that, baby? You get to play with Minki today."

"Ki!" Jooyeon shouted with joy. Nini giggled at her daughter. Minki's name was just a little too complex for her to say at her age so she always shortened it and called him 'ki'. Nini took a moment to admire how much her daughter had grown over the past year and a half. Her hair had grown a to her shoulders, her legs were a little longer, and she had learned to walk. She was getting big too fast. 

They arrived at the Lee household soon after. Jonghyun honked the horn only to have the front door fly open and see Minki come out running with a small backpack and big smile. "Minki! Don't run out like that!" Byunghun called out and came jogging up to the couple in the car. Nini and Jonghyun laughed as Byunghun helped almost 4 year old Minki into the car. "Thanks for taking him. He needs to release some energy anyway."

Nini giggled. "Anytime, Byunghun. Jooyeon's been wanting to play with him too. We'll bring him back before sunset if you're back by then."

Byunghun grinned and nodded. "Yeah, that should be fine. Bring him back tired too so he isn't screaming and singing throughout the whole house. He's just so full of energy."

Jonghyun chuckled. "That may disappear soon, hyung. Enjoy it. Jooyeon seems like she's gonna be pretty loud too."

"Then I wish you the best of luck, Mr. and Mrs. Choi. See you guys later." He looked at his son. "Don't drive auntie Nini and uncle Jonghyun too crazy, Minki." He chuckled and ruffled his son's dark hair. Minki giggled. "Okay, appa!" Byunghun smiled. "Thanks again, guys." With that, he turned and went back inside the apartment. 

"Ki!" Jooyeon shouted, throwing her arms in the air. Minki giggled and waved at her. "Hi hi Yeonnie!" ChangNi laughed at their cute greetings and set off for the park. The weather was just right. There was a slight breeze but the sun's warmth cancelled out the chill it would've caused. Jonghyun grabbed the bags, food, and sheet they'd use while Nini helped unstrap the kids from their seats. She carried Jooyeon and held Minki's hand as they searched for a good spot to relax. Jonghyun led them to a spot underneath a tree that was shaded but close to the playground. 

Jonghyun set the blanket down and set the supplies down along with it. Jooyeon's eyes were everywhere, taking in the sight of everything. Her eyes were as wide as the moon. Nini giggled at the sight of her daughter so intrigued with the view in front of her. "Isn't it pretty, Jooyeon?" She asked. Jooyeon only nodded, she was still trying to take in every little detail.

"Uncle! Uncle!" Minki tugged on the end of Jonghyun's shirt. Jonghyun grinned. "What's up, Minks?" "Can Yeonnie and me pway on the swings?" Jonghyun looked over at his wife, raising an eyebrow. She smiled down at Minki. "Sure, Minki. Let's go." 

They approached the swings and Jonghyun helped Minki get into a safety swing. Nini placed Jooyeon in the swing right next to him. She had the brightest little smile on her face and she anticipated what would come next. "Ready?" Nini asked and Jooyeon nodded excitedly. She clapped her hands together and squealed cutely. Nini giggled and lightly pushed the swing. Jooyeon laughed in delight and kicked her legs around, trying to make the swing go faster. Nini heard her husband laugh beside her. He laughed at his daughter who was experiencing a swing for the first time and his heart almost burst with emotion. She was the most adorable thing in the world and it made his heart swell. Nini pushed the swing with a tad bit more force and Jooyeon was more than pleased. 

Minki was laughing along with Jooyeon, ecstatic that he was in a swing. He looked over at Jooyeon and saw she was just as excited. "Yeonnie!" He called out to her. She turned her head to look at him and smiled even brighter. "Ki!" She stretched her hand out as far as she could and Minki reached out to grab her hand. They continued to hold hands as they swung happily. Nini and Jonghyun were cooing about how cute the kids were and continued to push them.

Nini gently brought Jooyeon to a halt. "Baby, are you hungry?" 

"Ooh, I am!" Minki shouted. Nini and Jonghyun laughed. "Okay, let's go eat." They each helped the kids out and let them back to their spot underneath the tree. Nini set Jooyeon down next to Minki. She reached into the food bag and retrieved half a sandwich for Minki and some crackers ad fruit for Jooyeon. Jonghyun laid on the sheet, his hands behind his head and staring up into the sky. The kids busied themselves with eating so Nini took the opportunity to lay next to him, resting her head on his chest. One hand left it's position from behind his head so he could wrap an arm around her waist. 

Nini sighed in content. "Can you believe our baby girl is almost 2?" 

"I know. She's growing up way too fast. She can walk on her own now so she won't be needing us to carry her for much longer. She's quickly leaving her baby years." 

"Yeah and I'm gonna miss that. So I was thinking..." Nini bit her lip, her heart began to pound. It felt as if she were telling him she was pregnant all over again.

He averted his gaze to her. "You were thinking...?"

Nini took a deep breath and began to trace circles on his chest gently. "What if we had another baby?" She avoided eye contact with him until she felt his finger lift her chin. Their eyes met. Jonghyun slowly leaned in and placed a sweet, passionate kiss on his wife's lips. He broke away with a smile. "I'd love to have another baby, love." Nini smiled brightly, leaning in to kiss her husband again, her heart soaring in happiness. "Let's wait until after Jooyeon turns two."

Jonghyun grinned and caressed her cheek. "Okay. Our next child will be just as beautiful as Jooyeon."

Nini's heart fluttered at his words and she nodded. "You're such a great appa and husband, Jonghyunnie. I feel so blessed."

He smiled cutely and pecked her lips. "You know exactly how I feel about you, then. Now I feel even more blessed that you'd like to gift me with another child. I love you so much, Nini."

Nini felt a the stinging of happy tears behind her eyes. "You always know exactly what to say.I love you too, Jonghyunnie."

"Umma! Appa!" Jooyeon came running up to the couple, jumping in between them and giggling cutely. ChangNi laughed and smiled at their daughter. Jonghyun held her tiny hand. "What are you doing, baby?" 

"Ki no see me!" She hid her face in her hands. Just then, Minki walked up and poked her nose. "I founded Yeonnie!" Jooyeon burst into a fit of giggles. She hid in between her parents and held them tight. ChangNi laughed along with her and tickled their daughter, causing her to squirm and squeal. She wiggled out of their grip and ran to Minki for safety. 

ChangNi admired the two kids that were holding each other and giggling like there was no tomorrow. "I can't wait to see what she'll be like as a big sister." Jonghyun said.

Nini smiled. "She'll be the best big sister in the world."

"Of course she will, love. Because she has the best umma in the world."

Nini flushed. "Jonghyunnie~"

Jonghyun chuckled. "I can still make you swoon."

Nini giggled and pecked his lips. "You always do."

"Umma! Appa! Pway~" Jooyeon ran up and grabbed their hands, signaling them to stand up. ChangNi smiled at their daughter and obliged, running off with the kids to the playground to enjoy the rest of their beautiful day together,